Key Out For the Season.

Grateful to the UT doctors for catching this before a heart attack or stroke happened.
For sure. Could have been tragic. Still extremely serious but at least condition has been diagnosed. Basketball not important at all compared to Tamari's health. She may or may mot ever play again but hopefully she fully recovers. The rule for medical redshirt is if under 30% of season has been played and exhibition games count if they had paid admission. Since she did not play last game she may just sneak in under 30%.As someone else mentioned she is eligible next year anyway if her health permits her to play

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98 and VolPack22
It seems like UT LADY VOLS keep having injuries that affects our ability to compete at the level we all know they are capable of ! I had BIG EXPECTATIONS for this year and here we are again with so many unknowns? Will Jackson play ? Will our seniors play an extra COVID year ? Can Tamari get a medical for this year ? Will Marta play all of her eligible years ?

I still hope for the best this year but with so many unknowns….. 😰

PS…. If Tamari comes back for a medical? That would take the sting out of losing Rosario ! 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
For sure. Could have been tragic. Still extremely serious but at least condition has been diagnosed. Basketball not important at all compared to Tamari's health. She may or may mot ever play again but hopefully she fully recovers. The rule for medical redshirt is if under 30% of season has been played and exhibition games count if they had paid admission. Since she did not play last game she may just sneak in under 30%.As someone else mentioned she is eligible next year anyway if her health permits her to play
She played in 10 games counting the Carson Newman exhibition (she DNP in the last game against UTC). So we need to have at least 34 total games to get under the 30% threshold. We have 32 games guaranteed (the regular season plus at least one in the SEC tournament).

So if we make the NCAA tournament we would need one win in either the SECT or NCAAT. If we miss the NCAAT then we have to win two in the SECT.

Reactions: VolPack22
First and foremost, get well soon Tamari!!!

And please let this be a teaching moment for those who rush to the worst possible assumptions about why a player might be underperforming. Way more often than it is not due to a lack of motivation or all the other accusations that were thrown Tamari's way. Usually, it is because players are human beings and human being sometimes face real challenges.

I am very glad you make this observation MTV. One of my most humbling and valuable life learning experiences occurred decades ago when one of my 4-H colleagues for the University of Maine Extension took an early retirement in his mid 50's. Most of our staff was mildly happy to see him leave because compared to the rest of us, his work ethic was really lacking.

And two months later, he died of a heart attack. After the fact we knew why his energy level was so low, and even more humbling to me was the fact that he never used his medical condition as an excuse. No one knew he had a failing heart.

Prayers for Key and also for the Lady Vols. This has to be scary not only for Tamari but for her teammates as well. Your team, it seems, has had a higher than average number of injuries and medical issues this past decade.

Thompson boling arena, Lady vol basketball off ices, Att: Tamari key , 1600 phillp fulmer way ,knoxville tn 37996 tk get well adress saw on a facebook group. and there was photo of tk and Horston mon standing in picture with fan. they were good sports to allow the fan to take a photo with them.

Last edited:
Wate channel6 story online Lady vosTamariKey to miss rest of season due to blood clots in lungs to make full recovery someone should post.

Lady Vol Basketball Office,
207 Thompson-Boling Arena,
1600 Phillip Fulmer Way,
Knoxville, Tennessee, 37996

…anything else? 😉
Sorry i was telling everyone address was in wate story . lol Leaving abverb, pronouns, adjective makes it hard to understand things.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
@mudcat1973
Have you ever tried using the microphone function below the keypad?
love watch tv surf internet on firefox. You can sideload browrers on firefox that let you edia. But silk amazon does not let you edia. Just saw usa today key had been having troube for weeks . Kellie got phone three before game time. What was going with key.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back