Kentucky

4 years to "show promise in the ACC"?

Clemson played for the ACC title in Dabo's second year, and won the ACC title in his third.

So which one or our coaching hires should have been given more time to "show promise", Dooley, Butch, Pruitt?

It's amazing to me that people still use Dabo and still ignore he won his division his first full year and the ACC his 3rd full year. And still when that's pointed out then say "The ACC SUCKS!"

Might as well get "Saban lost to La-Monroe!" out of the way too.

Reactions: Remy and BeardedVol
SECVSACC.png

mcubed.net : NCAA Football : Conference Series Records : SEC vs. ACC

Whether it is a joke or not (it's not), is irrelevant as to whether or not Dabo 'showed promise' in the conference prior to year 4, which he did, by winning the ACC in year three.

all I’m saying is Dabo would not hv done that I the Big10 or SEC. like I said I hate Botch with a passion but he could win the ACC With his Rinky dink coaching

Last edited:
Good lord this gets tiring. Someone uses Dabo, then after it's pointed out he won his division his 1st full year then it's "The ACC Sucks!". Then people need to stop bringing him up.

not sure you’re issue here but the fact is the ACC is a JAG conference. They always hv one team then the rest are blah. Jimbo ran it then Dabo now. Nobody fears any team in the ACC outside of Clempsun

not sure you’re issue here but the fact is the ACC is a JAG conference. They always hv one team then the rest are blah. Jimbo ran it then Dabo now. Nobody fears any team in the ACC outside of Clempsun

And for most of the 2010's the same could be said about the SEC, it was Alabama, and everyone else; it still is to some degree.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
No. Vanderbilt has beat us far more often than UK during the drought. Teams that have passed us the last 15 years are Auburn, Georgia, and LSU. (Alabama and Florida were already ahead of us).

Reactions: Trojan_Vol
all I’m saying is Dabo would not hv done that I the Big10 or SEC. like I said I hate Botch with a passion but he could win the ACC With his Rinky dink coaching

You have literally zero proof that Dabo wouldn't have been successful in the Big10.

Not to mention that under Dabo, Clemson has a 75% win percentage against Ohio State, the only Big 10 team they've played while he's been the HC.
mcubed.net : NCAA Football : Conference Series Records : ACC vs. Big Ten

Reactions: Trojan_Vol
Clemson has had an easy path into the playoffs since they started, no doubt. But once they get to the playoffs they have been able to show they belonged, so as much as I hate Clemson, I can’t talk smack about them. But yeah, the ACC has been a one trick pony for quite awhile.

OP, why are you posting such blasphemous nonsense?

NO! HELL NO! And I’ll be at Kroger (lmao) Field to watch us punk those b****** this year. I hope they enjoyed their 1 win for the decade. Rest of the 2020’s will be all UT.

I will never, ever not mark UK down as an automatic win going into the season. That’s why I’m willing to drive all the way down 75 to that dump.

Reactions: volfaninky
OP, why are you posting such blasphemous nonsense?

NO! HELL NO! And I’ll be at Kroger (lmao) Field to watch us punk those b****** this year. I hope they enjoyed their 1 win for the decade. Rest of the 2020’s will be all UT.

I will never, ever not mark UK down as an automatic win going into the season. That’s why I’m willing to drive all the way down 75 to that dump.
I hope your right. Tennessee should never ever lose to Kentucky and Vandy in football

Reactions: volfaninky
Well as bad as Tennessee has been UK has always been worse. 11-3 doesn’t mean as much as 2-2 in the last 4 which is a better representation of where both schools are currently. UK is probably an equal program now, UT has the higher ceiling

If there's a full season UK goes 8-4 in regular season, and with bowl win 9-4. That was a good team last year, that completely had it's wind taken out when our OL coach passed away due to cancer right after the UT game.

If there's a full season UK goes 8-4 in regular season, and with bowl win 9-4. That was a good team last year, that completely had it's wind taken out when our OL coach passed away due to cancer right after the UT game.
UK won their bowl game.
They were a decent team. You all had no consistent offense. At least with the WR/QB you had a little offense. and Snell the year before.
Alabama beat you all 63-3? Bama was not great on defense. But their athleticism was still too much for the piss poor wildcat offense.

Florida
UGA
Mizzou
AND Tennessee will have offenses that average 33+ ppg.
Then you guys play LSU.

That's 5 losses right there. It all because your offense won't be able to trade points.

Clemson has had an easy path into the playoffs since they started, no doubt. But once they get to the playoffs they have been able to show they belonged, so as much as I hate Clemson, I can’t talk smack about them. But yeah, the ACC has been a one trick pony for quite awhile.

To add to your point, Clemson had to deal with a strong Florida State and Virginia Tech program when Dabo first started at Clemson. I know both have declined the last 3-4 years but they were an initial obstacle. Florida State won the National Title in 2014 and was a title contender around that time frame.

Cal is a glorified recruiter who somehow turned it into a HC job. If there was a T10 of coaches that pssed away talent h would lead the pack by 3-4 miles.

If he cant beat Tennessee and or get Kentucky another title he'll be fired.
If that happens...what is the buyout on a lifetime contract?

He's projecting based off past performance.
Past performance? UT hasn't played a game under Heupel yet. You can't really expect the same results that Heupel managed at UCF, with UCF's garbage schedule, at UT with an SEC schedule until UT has actually played some games under Heupel.

Although I am sympathetic to your post, I do want to point out that when has data ever really mattered in football? If we went off data, the #1 ranked team would win the National Title every year.

Are you really proposing that no data is used in determining ranking?

Besides, we aren't talking about ranking, we're talking about a prediction that the poster has ascribed a specific number to 'averaging 33+ PPG'.

Reactions: 508mikey
Past performance? UT hasn't played a game under Heupel yet. You can't really expect the same results that Heupel managed at UCF, with UCF's garbage schedule, at UT with an SEC schedule until UT has actually played some games under Heupel.
I don't. I hope, but I don't necessarily expect. I'm just guessing what Little was basing his 33 ppg projection on.

Are you really proposing that no data is used in determining ranking?

Besides, we aren't talking about ranking, we're talking about a prediction that the poster has ascribed a specific number to 'averaging 33+ PPG'.

I am just stating that using data to assume how a team will perform is a slippery slope. Your assertion that we may not score 33+ per game is just as unreliable as his comment that we are. I don't know what Tennessee will put on the field.

I am just stating that using data to assume how a team will perform is a slippery slope. Your assertion that we may not score 33+ per game is just as unreliable as his comment that we are. I don't know what Tennessee will put on the field.

I didn't assert anything, I asked him where he's getting his number from for his prediction.

VN Store

Back