Kentucky make a run at Pearl?

Fresno received penalties though didn't they, even though Tark stepped down?

I hadn't thought about the Shark in a long time. Man that guy had some history with the NCAA, huh?
No, their penalties came as a result of violations committed by Ray Lopes, the former Kelvin Sampson assistant who succeeded Tark. I don't remember any substantive penalties arising out of anything attributable to Tark. The Shark and the 'AA didn't get along very well.

you are not kidding!!! I have three bottles of their barbeque sauce in my cabinets as I type

You know, I was very surprised that when I visited a Kroger (another fine Cincy establishment) down in Atlanta for the first time, that they sold it...I was very excited, but as I am sure you know, it is no where near the same...

You know, I was very surprised that when I visited a Kroger (another fine Cincy establishment) down in Atlanta for the first time, that they sold it...I was very excited, but as I am sure you know, it is no where near the same...

yeah...but I'll take it. I love rolling into the original Mont. Inn and ordering a full rack....makes a body good

:)rock: here's to Kroger (as you mention a good cincy company) selling some Mont. Inn fare)

The Shark and the 'AA didn't get along very well.
I'd say that's an understatement. :)

I'm not completely positive but I am pretty sure that Fresno was already on probation due to Tark before Lopes ever got in trouble. Maybe I'll do some googling to see for sure....

SI.com - NCAA Basketball - Wildcats begin coaching search - Friday March 23, 2007 6:35PM

Dont know if this has already been quoted but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy:

That doesn't include Louisville coach Rick Pitino or Tenessee's Bruce Pearl. Not yet.
Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich said former Kentucky coach Pitino hasn't been approached about the job. And Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton and coach Pearl said they also had not been contacted.
"It's a really wonderful thing for Tennessee basketball if their coach is thought well enough to be considered for one of the best jobs in the country, maybe the best job in the country," Pearl said Friday after his team arrived at the Knoxville airport from San Antonio, where they lost to Ohio State in a South Regional semifinal Thursday night.

Yeah, I don't like "their coach" or "maybe the best job in the country"

I still can't see how Donovan would make sense. He is in a top SEC program now and all he would be doing is moving laterally to another top program in the same conference. With these guys (Noah, Horford, etc.) leaving, I can totally see him saying its time to go, but it would be to the NBA (probably the Knicks) IMO.

Don't kid yourself Pal, Florida isn't a Kentucky in basketball, even though they have had better teams the last few years. That would be the same as saying UNLV was a better program than Kansas at the time they had their great Larry Johnson lead teams!

Florida, this year only sold out one non-conference game, even though their pitiful field house only holds less than half what UT or Ky's arenas holds. Florida is only as good as Billie D. He leaves you are back to the middle of the pack with Georgia, South Carolina etc. and you guys know it.

Why would BD go to Ky? Ask Tubby why he went from UGA to Lexington ten years ago????:birgits_giggle:

Don't kid yourself Pal, Florida isn't a Kentucky in basketball, even though they have had better teams the last few years. That would be the same as saying UNLV was a better program than Kansas at the time they had their great Larry Johnson lead teams!

Florida, this year only sold out one non-conference game, even though their pitiful field house only holds less than half what UT or Ky's arenas holds. Florida is only as good as Billie D. He leaves you are back to the middle of the pack with Georgia, South Carolina etc. and you guys know it.

Why would BD go to Ky? Ask Tubby why he went from UGA to Lexington ten years ago????:birgits_giggle:

Hardly comparable moves.

But ESPN has a story that Donovan is not taking himself out of the running. If he left after this tremendous run and went to the NBA, I'd have no problem with it at all. But I would be very disappointed if he went to a rival school. I guess it could happen, but it just seems wrong.

Donavan might be playing his cards to get a pay increase out of this. I don't see him leaving, he already has a better job. Kentucky basketball is like Alabama football, they think it's their god-given right to win every year and they need to realize that other programs have built nice facilities and have caught up.

But ESPN has a story that Donovan is not taking himself out of the running. If he left after this tremendous run and went to the NBA, I'd have no problem with it at all. But I would be very disappointed if he went to a rival school. I guess it could happen, but it just seems wrong.

I think anyone would be disappointed if their coach left for a rival school.

you are not kidding!!! I have three bottles of their barbeque sauce in my cabinets as I type

I have had the Inn twice. The first time was terrible, so I gave it a second chance. The second time was worse.

The sauce is too sweet - but that's what you get every where there. I think it's the same stuff they mix in the 5-way, no?

As for Cal having a clean slate, it is true that nothing has stuck to the fullest, but he walks a thin line on moral values. At some point he'll step across. But as for now, he's clean.

Slick Rick says, Coach Pearl will not leave Tennessee for the Bluegrass State. Coach Pearl is committed to building the program at Tennessee. He should be playing in the Great 8 today, if not for some bias calls against The Big Orange against "The Great Ohio State." He is building a MONSTER in Knoxville. Give it time, everyone will see.

Slick Rick says, Coach Pearl will not leave Tennessee for the Bluegrass State. Coach Pearl is committed to building the program at Tennessee. He should be playing in the Great 8 today, if not for some bias calls against The Big Orange against "The Great Ohio State." He is building a MONSTER in Knoxville. Give it time, everyone will see.

I wasn't aware the refs outscored us by 19 in the second half??

I wasn't aware the refs outscored us by 19 in the second half??

They did shoot twice as many free throws as us.

Oden gets Michael Jordan calls from being an AAU star. It's time to start paying NCAA refs full time salaries and holding them accountable for their calls (and lack of, in some cases).

Does anyone know why, when we fouled OSU, CBS never showed a replay. Granted a player always contends a foul to the ref, it seemed like our guys were often especially upset over certain fouls. I would wait for the replay, and none would come.

When you shoot 47% from the line it doesn't much matter how many times we get there...

It does as an issue in general...I'm not talking about how we shot at the line or giving it as a reason we lost. I'm just saying we shot 1/2 the free throws they did.

Plus, if we even attempt a few more free throws, percentage wise, we win the game.

VN Store

Back