Kentucky make a run at Pearl?

I saw him on the Jim Rome show the other day and he said he would never leave Gonzaga, I guess there's some things you just can't pass by.

Silly pants, everyone knows the answer to this. Its because the producer for CBS has a cousin that works for the CIA. He has a contact in the former East Berlin and that guy's uncle's veterinarian runs an internet site for matching up Korean prostitutes to Mexican drug lords.

Well, when that guy found out about the UT-OSU match up, he had to place a big wager on it and so he stole a million dollars off of the credit cards used on his website and gave it to the uncle who gave it to the gay guy who almost got caught by the former East German body guards turned crack dealers but luckily managed to secret it out in a diplomatic envelope which, incidentally, held the proof of WMD in Iraq as well as confirmed that Castro has been dead for 10 months.

Now it gets a little vauge from here, and to cut a long story short, the money ended up in the hands of a kid who managed to insert a virus into the CBS computer that ran the replay booth and so they couldn't show that the refs were throwing the game due to the fact that they needed money to bid on Anna Nicole Smith's diaries.

Sheesz! Its like you guys don't read the papers sometimes. Its all about screwing over UT. Don't you get it?

True Story.

Back on topic, I heard today that Kentucky has asked and received permission to talk to Villanova's Jay Wright.

Bruce Pearl, in the HL this morning, claims that he has "not" been contacted but said and I'll paraphrase- "It's an honor for Tennessee basketball if it's coach is contacted for one of the greatest jobs, in not the greatest job in college basketball".

Folks- if all else fails, quotes like this say that Pearl would crawl to Lexington.

From the Ky Board. What are these KY fans smoking????

Another UK fan recognized it for what it was...Pearl's promotion of UT. Of course, another UK fan saw it as Pearl patting himself on the back. I suppose it depends on how blue their glasses are.

I think Calipari might consider the jump(up). CUSA is on the edge of being a minor conference. Memphis is about to have CBP coming into their back yard hard and successfully recruiting. As for facilities - the Forum is an awesome place to play, but it's 20 mins from campus. And I'm not sure about the campus training facilities.

And on top of that - people don't go to see the Tigers play. The Lady Vols outdrew them in 2006 on average game attendance. If Calipari wants a bigger stage, KY is the job for him.

I think Calipari might consider the jump(up). CUSA is on the edge of being a minor conference. Memphis is about to have CBP coming into their back yard hard and successfully recruiting. As for facilities - the Forum is an awesome place to play, but it's 20 mins from campus. And I'm not sure about the campus training facilities.

And on top of that - people don't go to see the Tigers play. The Lady Vols outdrew them in 2006 on average game attendance. If Calipari wants a bigger stage, KY is the job for him.
Pearl is about to start recruiting Laurinberg Prep and major urban centers in the Northeast and Midwest? Look at the roster, those are the places the Tigers get the majority of their players. Cal recruits the Memphis area less than Arkansas, UAB, and Mississippi State.

Pearl is about to start recruiting Laurinberg Prep and major urban centers in the Northeast and Midwest? Look at the roster, those are the places the Tigers get the majority of their players. Cal recruits the Memphis area less than Arkansas, UAB, and Mississippi State.

But I have seen where Memphis is recruiting some of the heralded HS Jr's in Memphis now.

But I have seen where Memphis is recruiting some of the heralded HS Jr's in Memphis now.
Sure, they'll recruit elite level players in their area. They'll also keep recruiting nationally. It's not like missing on Memphis area products will cripple the Tigers. This isn't the Dana Kirk/Larry Finch/Tic Price Memphis program.

I laughed out loud at that one. Iowa? Someone needs to put the bong down and just walk away.

I have been following the "discussions" on a UK board and a UF board this week. The UK mood has certainly gone from "We have Billy" to "We hope we get Billy." Some are still confident though. What concerns me is that more and more UK fans are starting to call Pearl their 2nd choice. I am highly confident that he would say, "No," but I would still be really nervous if UK starting waving green at our guy. Someone, please, tell me it won't happen! :crazy:

Sure, they'll recruit elite level players in their area. They'll also keep recruiting nationally. It's not like missing on Memphis area products will cripple the Tigers. This isn't the Dana Kirk/Larry Finch/Tic Price Memphis program.

Calipari is becoming the Ed Orgeron of college basketball... :crazy:

If we win a championship, it will happen. At this point, Pearl would lose all credibility if he made that jump. Yeah, it won't happen. OK, I feel better now. :eek:k:

Hat, that's what I've been hoping for all along. I want to see Donovan more than once in the O'Dome next year.

"...Did you not see the tourney this year when he let his team blow a 20 point lead and a 17 point halftime lead against Ohio State. NICE COACHING JOB!!!!!!!!! Keep that piece of SH*T at tennecheat!!!!!!!!"

Sure sounds like a love fest to me...! Bruce Pearl is a winner at Tennessee and is wise enough to know what he has in front of him. He has far too much class to put up with that "big blue" nonsense.

"...Did you not see the tourney this year when he let his team blow a 20 point lead and a 17 point halftime lead against Ohio State. NICE COACHING JOB!!!!!!!!! Keep that piece of SH*T at tennecheat!!!!!!!!"

Sure sounds like a love fest to me...! Bruce Pearl is a winner at Tennessee and is wise enough to know what he has in front of him. He has far too much class to put up with that "big blue" nonsense.
A Kentucky basketball fan calling another program corrupt is like Collin Farrell calling somebody a drunk.

From UK...

"
As far as playing Bradshaw at PF well that's Brucey's great coaching ability! We got lucky and got rid of Tubby and now you want to bring the joke to town?!? Thanks but, NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

I suppose not everyone wants Pearl, but good grief. :no:

VN Store

Back