Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Yes but we have played two very good teams who also have the ability to go deep into the NCAA tournament. Those losses sting but we will get better because of them. IMO these 2 losses may help this team in the long run. We may end up becoming our best team in 40 years, but we have to develop into that team, and expectations that from day 1 we would be that team were unrealistic
Pretty bold statement with the 40 year comment. This team early is at a crossroads, either learn from the mistakes and find a way to win these games that you should win. Or keep losing these games and doubt creeps in.

LOL you clearly pulled that out of your butt, for reasons I really shouldn't have to explain... 🤣🤣🤣

Look Ms Holly. We appreciate that you want to return and coach the Lady Vols. However, we have made the decision to move on to someone else. Please attempt to be supportive of the program, or take your negativity to some other endeavor. Ciao!

I hope Kellie continues to find time to get players experience before the SEC portion of the schedule starts.

Yes. We really need to play some weaker teams, to help determine what we have in game environments. With Rutgers being yet another Big-10 power, I'm afraid we're in for yet another dog fight.

Yes. We really need to play some weaker teams, to help determine what we have in game environments. With Rutgers being yet another Big-10 power, I'm afraid we're in for yet another dog fight.
They are not a Big Ten Power picked to finish tie for 8th in the league. Iowa was picked first, Indiana second, Ohio State third, Michigan fourth, Maryland fifth for the top part of the league.

They are not a Big Ten Power picked to finish tie for 8th in the league. Iowa was picked first, Indiana second, Ohio State third, Michigan fourth, Maryland fifth for the top part of the league.

Just being Rutgers, bet they can toss us around with a flurry of flying elbows.

Ya ever seen Jersey Shores? These girls are mean.

Roster this deep, shouldn’t we have a good idea at practice going head to head? Best on best

Look Ms Holly. We appreciate that you want to return and coach the Lady Vols. However, we have made the decision to move on to someone else. Please attempt to be supportive of the program, or take your negativity to some other endeavor. Ciao!
Can bash Holly “LVFL” don’t say a word about Kellie “LVFL” because you’re deemed a “troll” or “hater”

Confusing times to be a fan based on those likes

Last edited:

It's the opposite. You learn what you have by playing tougher games, better teams. Against weak teams your players may gain some confidence,
and that's always good--but weak opponents don't necessarily prepare you for better opponents. Some players play well against weak competition but
do far less well against good teams.

Reactions: Majors
We beat Rutgers in the national championship in 2007. I thought it was farther back in time than that. Stringer's
Rutgers teams were similar to Summitt's team in that they were very good defensively but not too impressive offensively, and
that's the way it played out. Not a pretty game--to put it politely--and we won 59-46.

It's the opposite. You learn what you have by playing tougher games, better teams. Against weak teams your players may gain some confidence,
and that's always good--but weak opponents don't necessarily prepare you for better opponents. Some players play well against weak competition but
do far less well against good teams.

I'm all some playing a few strong teams. But, I don't like entering SEC play with a 1-12 record. There has to be some balance.

At this point in time, we need to play 4-5 games against Tennessee Tech, ETSU, Maryville, Walters State, Austin Peay.

Until we get our roles defined, Belmont would clobber us.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We beat Rutgers in the national championship in 2007. I thought it was farther back in time than that. Stringer's
Rutgers teams were similar to Summitt's team in that they were very good defensively but not too impressive offensively, and
that's the way it played out. Not a pretty game--to put it politely--and we won 59-46.

Rutgers women's basketball always reminded me of Temple on the men's side. They could just drag you down into the muck with them. Ugly ugly ugly basketball which favored them. As I recall, they won a NC (or two) playing that tough style.

Did Saban say that too? Pretty weak attempt at a deflection after you got exposed for making &*!@ up...

Did Saban say that too? Pretty weak attempt at a deflection after you got exposed for making &*!@ up...

Just kills ya that we won, eh? After third quarter, up by 50 points against the Big-10. Told you those losses could be utilized.

Baaaaa Haaaa Haaaaaa Ms Holly. Here's your stocking

coal.jpg

Rutgers women's basketball always reminded me of Temple on the men's side. They could just drag you down into the muck with them. Ugly ugly ugly basketball which favored them. As I recall, they won a NC (or two) playing that tough style.
Rutgers has never won an NCAA NC in women’s hoops. UConn coach Chris Dailey played there and they did win an NAIA in about 1982. They got close in ‘07. Playing Rutgers was always hard in those days. Each game at the RAC, with our high flying stats and gaudy record, was a fight for our lives to win games in the forties. And we lost a few. C Viv was a tough coach.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And say what you will, her best team to-date is off to the program's worst start in 40 years...
Sometimes it takes more than practice and a few initial games to bring a good team together. Like you I am not overjoyed with how we looked against OSU and Indiana, but maybe there is more to the story than KJH is just a bad coach, or she is the second coming of Holly. Their starting five looked good against Rutgers and if kept in for a significant period of time could have run Rutgers out of the arena. KJH’s best team is when Horston, Jackson, Powell and Key, if she is hustling, are on the floor. You can sub in Walker or Darby and have a very good starting lineup. I believe that Franklin, Suarez, Puckett Hollingshed and Miles have the ability to be put in the mix and this team has the potential to be very good. I also would like to see more of Pissott. However, most good teams have a set lineup of starters and a few key subs. I believe that once KJH comes up with a set lineup, who baring foul issues, receive most of the floor time, and key subs this will be a very good team.

VN Store

Back