Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Kari Lawson at Duke is doing a good job of rebuilding that program probably should have hired her to start with or was she still playing in WNBA
Kara is lighting it up on the recruiting trail but lets see if she finally starts winning first... Love Kara but she hasn't proven anything yet

Danny White may regret that she's the head basketball coach very soon.

I hope Kelli ends up being successful, but if not you may end up being correct. If he is faced with a tough decision in the future, the number of crazies that will call him names for trying to change mediocrity will be a lot. Fulmer has done this athletic program no favors. To be fair, for better for for worse, I wanted Nikki Caldwell-Farley myself so maybe I'm no better.

I hope Kelli ends up being successful, but if not you may end up being correct. If he is faced with a tough decision in the future, the number of crazies that will call him names for trying to change mediocrity will be a lot. Fulmer has done this athletic program no favors. To be fair, for better for for worse, I wanted Nikki Caldwell-Farley myself so maybe I'm no better.
At least her teams always played you to the end and hard fought and tough we look soft and lost

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I don't have much hope for the future of the Program if KJH is replaced it will be by a mid major head coach or assistant from a major program that you have to look up on wikipedia to find out who they are.

Say what you want but we aren't changing coaches unless there are multiple bad seasons in a row. They will improve. I'm just not sure we can get back to elite status with this staff but we will see marked improvement. We're committed at this point. That Fulmer guy.

Ranked 5th to start year...now 12th and sinking fast. They don't look good. They look badly coached. Always look clueless. Missed layups...turnovers etc etc. Same as last year....and year before that.

Reactions: Harvey Peak
Say what you want but we aren't changing coaches unless there are multiple bad seasons in a row. They will improve. I'm just not sure we can get back to elite status with this staff but we will see marked improvement. We're committed at this point. That Fulmer guy.
I don't have enough faith in KJH or her staff to think that they wont have a rotten season this year and another rotten season in 2023-2024.

Reactions: Special Ed

What has Nikki Caldwell done that would recommend her for this job?

Reactions: WVU05UT09
What has Nikki Caldwell done that would recommend her for this job?

I felt like the Nikki after UCLA would've been able to recruit here at a very high level. For a while, the brand recruited itself. I mean HW was still getting most players she wanted. Clearly by the end of the LSU coaching career she had lost the luster, and HW had tarnished the Lady Vol brand with her results so it would've been a tougher ask.

HW won on talent based on the Lady Vol name so anyone could've done that. That's why each season got worse for HW. She was like going to sleep and having Freddy Krueger chasing the program.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
We're not that talented, folks--or well-coached. Our two best players are somewhat mistake prone: Jackson and Horston have the two highest turnover totals on the team. Who are the players who are good on both ends of the court--mark of a good player--and who play smart basketball consistently, don't make a lot of mistakes?

We're not that talented, folks--or well-coached. Our two best players are somewhat mistake prone: Jackson and Horston have the two highest turnover totals on the team. Who are the players who are good on both ends of the court--mark of a good player--and who play smart basketball consistently, don't make a lot of mistakes?

The mark of good coaching is to take an undisciplined player with a lot of potential and make them better. If they are still making the same mistakes at the end of their career then the coach is not doing their job.

Last edited:
The mark of good coaching is to take an undisciplined player with a lot of potential and make them better. If they are still making the same mistakes at the end of their career then the coach is doing doing their job.
Sadly,i think Kellie is in over her head and wont be able to fix any of the problems of this team.

VN Store

Back