Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

My two cents. CKH is a decent coach. Not Elite. She struggles in-game and also in recruiting. She is not terrible. You don't get to the sweet 16 multiple times with different schools if you can't coach at all. CHW had no discipline in the players. She was an excellent recruiter and I actually the style she tried to play. Fast break basketball. Neither are coaches that are ever going to complete for a NC. Tennessee has to decide what they want for this program. If we are ever going to get back in the hunt we need a change, I have nothing but respect for both these coaches as people and they are great representatives of the LV brand. I just do not want either of them leading the program. I can't see Dawn Staley coming here. She woudl be expected to win at UT and the SC program is hers and hers alone. She is the best coach in the game. My opinion of her really went up when she hired Melanie Balcomb as a consultant to help her with SC offense, That is something the LV should have done years ago. They was a smart. savvy move. That and luring Joelette Law from UT. Not sure who would be next.

My two cents. CKH is a decent coach. Not Elite. She struggles in-game and also in recruiting. She is not terrible. You don't get to the sweet 16 multiple times with different schools if you can't coach at all. CHW had no discipline in the players. She was an excellent recruiter and I actually the style she tried to play. Fast break basketball. Neither are coaches that are ever going to complete for a NC. Tennessee has to decide what they want for this program. If we are ever going to get back in the hunt we need a change, I have nothing but respect for both these coaches as people and they are great representatives of the LV brand. I just do not want either of them leading the program. I can't see Dawn Staley coming here. She woudl be expected to win at UT and the SC program is hers and hers alone. She is the best coach in the game. My opinion of her really went up when she hired Melanie Balcomb as a consultant to help her with SC offense, That is something the LV should have done years ago. They was a smart. savvy move. That and luring Joelette Law from UT. Not sure who would be next.
Well I don’t see Dawn coming here we would’ve ever pay what it would take to get her but can get a really good to great coach need energetic, discipline, good X’s and O’s And surround him/ her with excellent assistant coaches

Well I don’t see Dawn coming here we would’ve ever pay what it would take to get her but can get a really good to great coach need energetic, discipline, good X’s and O’s And surround him/ her with excellent assistant coaches
…yet you never bring a list of suggestions with an associated resume. I’d accuse you of being a troll or NV, but that’s obvious.

Your so wrong on that I’m a big vol fan all my life I just tell it like it is and don’t like to lose.
I get that but bring me a list of “candidates” to replace Kellie. I keep up and see you b!tchin’ but rarely see any positive suggestions. Maybe it’s just me…

I get that but bring me a list of “candidates” to replace Kellie. I keep up and see you b!tchin’ but rarely see any positive suggestions. Maybe it’s just me…
Have you ever considered the negativity you support and embolden at this social media site may have a negative impact on the program?

The Big Duh!!!

Reactions: VolFuture
Don’t think parents don’t look at how their kids will get treated. Y’all not spending the big enough bucks on them to ignore it.
I don’t doubt that many with pitchforks sharpened and torches lit, 🔥 don’t seek the best for the Lady Vols. My issue is they fail to appreciate the impact of social media. Need to move forward as one…

..Dawn, has certainly convinced her fanbase that’s a priority.

I don’t doubt that many with pitchforks sharpened and torches lit, 🔥 don’t seek the best for the Lady Vols. My issue is they fail to appreciate the impact of social media. Need to move forward as one…

..Dawn, has certainly convinced her fanbase that’s a priority.
If they come to a message board to seek guidance, they are looking for a reason not to come. Between the game results, falling behind in the relevant race as well as the lackluster NIL. No I don’t. Fan message boards are down the list.

Kevin McGuff Niki Collen Jeff Waltz Cori Close Brenda Frese JR Payne Tina Langley Terri Moren Lisa Bluder Jeff Mittie Scott Rueck Lynn Roberts Wes Moore Kenny Brooks Courtney Banghart Mark Campbell

Wonder what she’s doing now. Debbie would take a grenade for the LV name.
I see her at games occasionally, knew her when we were students a hundred years ago. She would take a grenade, but sadly only for the past of the program, not the future.

Saw Joan Cronin last night and sadly, she does not look well.

I see her at games occasionally, knew her when we were students a hundred years ago. She would take a grenade, but sadly only for the past of the program, not the future.

Saw Joan Cronin last night and sadly, she does not look well.
Hate to hear that about Joan. Joan is as genuine as it gets and one of the best to ever serve on The Hill. Had the good fortune to serve with her in leadership groups to better Knoxville.

we will win one of the SC-2 LSU-1 games
And we need to win 2 of 3 Ark/TAMU/Vandy
I believe this is what our NCAA entry has to be
SEC tourney notwithstanding
I still believe this will be the way it goes
TAMU or Vandy,,,one of them will be our trap game

I look for us to give SC a run this thursday...For some reason, this just feels right,,we'll see

Reactions: knoxvol52
Kevin McGuff Niki Collen Jeff Waltz Cori Close Brenda Frese JR Payne Tina Langley Terri Moren Lisa Bluder Jeff Mittie Scott Rueck Lynn Roberts Wes Moore Kenny Brooks Courtney Banghart Mark Campbell
Will be interesting to see what Lisa Bruder can do next year without CC.

Reactions: brittannica

VN Store

Back