Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Warlick was the 2nd assistant for many years. I'm not sure when she became to the top assistant but I think it was late in PS's tenure. She and PS became close friends over the years. Warlick had no coaching chops other than being an assistant here for a long time. There is a big difference between being an assistant and being a head--a big difference. You don't generally turn a major revenue program with our history over to an unproven coach. He does happen, however. UNC men have done it twice in the last 20 years or so. The first time they did it was a major failure. Now they've done it again with Hubert Davis and he had a good first year, bad second year and this year the Heels are good again, so we'll see. After the first failure with an assistant, UNC hired a very experienced head coach who was at another major program, and he won 2 national titles with the Heels. Mighty Duke hired an assistant to take over for coach K. It's risky--we'll see how he does.

One thing to note: When Warlick took over, the women's game had changed a lot. The game had evolved dramatically from the time PS started and when she finished, and she was struggling the last 10+ years. Save for the Parker years, her teams really struggled offensively. That was not a PS strength. By the time Warlick got the head job, the sport was far more competitive and teams were better offensively--and so coaches had to be good in all phases of the game. These days there are a ton of good coaches in every sport, all the sports are highly competitive, and you have to be good to succeed. And you'd better have a good staff as well. All that said, hiring coaches at the collegiate or pro level is a crap shoot. Nobody knows who will succeed or fail--it's wait, hope and see.
great post

This has been repeated but just when we thought it couldn't get worse under Holly, some clown administrators thought it was a good idea to hire Kellie. If this was a men's program and she wasn't a former player she'd be fired by now. I don't wish it on here but she is not a championship coach. There is no ambiguity.

I used to call Warlick the women's game Bill Gutridge, but Harper is worse. At least North Carolina had enough sense to go to the top program and get the coach with experience being on the Carolina bench.

Reactions: Deebowbear
I can't believe there are such delusional posters who said we'd beat So. Carolina. There is no way in hell that is happening. Absolutely zero chance. Sweet 16? No way. They're gonna be lucky to make it to the ncaa tourney...and we still have doofuses sticking up for kjh. My gawd people. Holly was John Wooden compared to Kellie and Holly was bad. Waaaaaay past time to move on from this idiotic husband wife team. Have you guys have any pride at all?

Best way to honor a legend is not to hire someone who was part of building the dynasty just because they were part of it but to find someone who can keep the program as a dynasty.

Too many times, people hire based on emotions/heart not head knowledge.

Reactions: SoilVol
I can't believe there are such delusional posters who said we'd beat So. Carolina. There is no way in hell that is happening. Absolutely zero chance. Sweet 16? No way. They're gonna be lucky to make it to the ncaa tourney...and we still have doofuses sticking up for kjh. My gawd people. Holly was John Wooden compared to Kellie and Holly was bad. Waaaaaay past time to move on from this idiotic husband wife team. Have you guys have any pride at all?
Well said it’s sad that anyone is backing her the writing is on the wall..

we will win one of the SC-2 LSU-1 games
And we need to win 2 of 3 Ark/TAMU/Vandy
I believe this is what our NCAA entry has to be
SEC tourney notwithstanding

Been studying this CKH situation.

Give her next year as HC for the fact is all I see posted is oh wait till Cooper and Boyd play next season with Spear.

Okay let's see if they underachieve with this talent coming in then CJH needs to go definitely.

No excuses don't give a damn , none of this stuff oh the team was sick, oh So so had a turned ankle and missed 3 games.
EVERY team has injuries part of the game.

Give her next year as HC for the fact is all I see posted is oh wait till Cooper and Boyd play next season with Spear.

Okay let's see if they underachieve with this talent coming in then CJH needs to go definitely.

No excuses don't give a damn , none of this stuff oh the team was sick, oh So so had a turned ankle and missed 3 games.

OMG they’ve gotten to @knoxvol52

Two years ago it was “wait till we see Rickea with Horston,” then last year it was “wait till we see Rickea with Spears!” You can’t make decisions that impact the long term good of the program based on “wait untils.” We see exactly what that has done for us.

Dang what’s taken you so long to figure that out

You are exactly right no way we beat SC or LSU be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games.

This has been repeated but just when we thought it couldn't get worse under Holly, some clown administrators thought it was a good idea to hire Kellie. If this was a men's program and she wasn't a former player she'd be fired by now. I don't wish it on here but she is not a championship coach. There is no ambiguity.

I used to call Warlick the women's game Bill Gutridge, but Harper is worse. At least North Carolina had enough sense to go to the top program and get the coach with experience being on the Carolina bench.
Well I had heard that wasn’t Fulmers pick and was told to hire her true or not

Reactions: BreatheUT
OMG they’ve gotten to @knoxvol52

Two years ago it was “wait till we see Rickea with Horston,” then last year it was “wait till we see Rickea with Spears!” You can’t make decisions that impact the long term good of the program based on “wait untils.” We see exactly what that has done for us.
Reverse psychology, also tired of arguing with the resident wack job..

Mr. Fear The Spear.

Do they still have power or gone from the old administration

Donna Thomas has retired.

VN Store

Back