Kelley Jolly Harper - Lady Vols Coach

We have to quit looking for the next Pat, that history is gone. We need a coach who knows how to coach and bring the program back to a top ten program.
Becky Hammon
Convince her its a hard path to become HC in NBA and write a big check

Attachments

• B hammon.jpg
    B hammon.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Hammon 2.jpg
    Hammon 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2
Mulkey and Schaefer have to turn Phil down before he starts looking in the bargain bin. If he offers KJH without going after a championship winning coach first, you may as well put a fork in the Lady Vols for the next few decades.
Mulkey is not going anywhere!! Schaefer is not leaving Ms State unless he goes to TAM when his old pal and friend retires. Dream on but maybe Fulmer will say he contacted so yall will wake up !

Do not know about who the gray person may be and anyone who is the same demeaner as Pat. If you are taking about Kellie you are sorely wrong. You have not watched her games or miked up while coaching the game. I would say nearly the anti PAT but you like all of us is entitled to our opinion!
What part of "some of you folks" didn't you understand? I offered no opinion about Jolly- Harper and actually think she might be a good choice. Several posters have commented how much like Pat she is and I stand by my belief they'll be disappointed if they want her to be Pat. And, I don't usually do this but since you made an issue of the "gray" typo I offer this. In your comment that would be demeanor not "demeaner", and that should be "talking about Kellie" not "taking about Kellie", also "all of us is entitled" since all is plural should be "all of us are entitled". Don't throw a stone if you don't want one thrown back.

What part of "some of you folks" didn't you understand? I offered no opinion about Jolly- Harper and actually think she might be a good choice. Several posters have commented how much like Pat she is and I stand by my belief they'll be disappointed if they want her to be Pat. And, I don't usually do this but since you made an issue of the "gray" typo I offer this. In your comment that would be demeanor not "demeaner", and that should be "talking about Kellie" not "taking about Kellie", also "all of us is entitled" since all is plural should be "all of us are entitled". Don't throw a stone if you don't want one thrown back.
OK LANGUAGE PROFESSOR!!

and, she doesn't wear clown clothes.... lol
Gule...
shame-gif.gif
!

Not sure about your first sentence.
Doubt we could get Mulkey Or McGraw or Schaefer or Staley or Walz or Freeze.
(I won’t even mention the guy in Storrs. He wouldn’t come and we fans would riot...lol).
They all make very good money and have excellent situations.
Outside of those, we can certainly offer an established winner.

I've been watching Dawn Staley since she arrived in Columbia (I live just 50 miles away from their campus) and am very much impressed with her coaching acumen and her unwavering devotion to her players, and theirs' to her. She knows how to effectively develop her talent and how to win...big time. She's won a natty and, if she remains at USCjr., I'd bet on her winning at least one more of the biggest of WBB trophies. With that same position in Knoxville, we'd have a sure-fire championship winner and numerous shots at the big one. That said: It would take a nation-leading salary and unabated control over the LVBB program to just make her even think about leaving the Soda City...and I still doubt she's ever leaving her comfy nest there.

Now. Here's the caveat. As far as I can figure, MSU's roster's talent rating isn't anywhere near as highly touted as is that of the game chicks'. Despite this, Ms. Staley has three prominent thorns in her side regarding coaches she can't seem to beat. Those three are UConn's Geno Auriemma, Notre Dame's Muffet McGraw, and...yep...down in Starkville...Vic Schaefer at little MSU. If Fulmer, et al, would lay a beautiful spread on the offering table, including stuffing a Brinks truckload into his bank account, I have a feeling ol' Vic maybe-just-maybe would eagerly hop on that proverbial "plane" to Knoxville and snag a chomp of all that tasty bait. Maybe-just maybe. Whomever may get UTAD's big offer, let's ONLY go after someone who's figured out how to achieve a natty. Yes?

Kellie is miles above Hollis; imo.
Her actual coaching record says otherwise. She's had a sub .600 win percentage at every stop and no great years. Compare that to the success Wes Moore had at UTC. (Actually, his .713 at NC State is the lowest of his 4 stops, and he took over Harper's 17-17 team and went 25-8 the next year.) We should be looking for the next Wes Moore. (Or, of course, THE Wes Moore, if he wants to come retire here... which seems extremely unlikely.) Having said that: there ARE coaches in every sport who have mediocre records, then step into a great situation and become top tier. Not many, but it does happen. For Kellie, winning a couple of games in the tournament just when Holly is likely exiting is perfect timing and will probably get her hired, but folks will likely be disappointed with the results.

Why does it have to be a woman? Geno, Jeff, Vic, Matthew, and Wes are all men who have succeeded as WBB HC. Discriminate much?
Well, fellow male. Although I'd agree (which I do...but don't tell anybody) that maybe just a bit of discrimination might be perceived here. I've gotta' say that my being an Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, try-as-I-may, I just can't place myself in the shoes of all those (and they greatly outnumber us), who simply were born otherwise. No way can I blame women who're simply seeking equality with my ilk for looking through their eyes in a manner of which I'd undoubtedly do likewise. Is overcompensating for seriously wrong, historically brutal discrimination of all females or ethnic dispositions of simply not being lilly white by those of my unchosen genetic formation wrong...or is it just nature's way of one's (mostly) well-intentioned way of adding to the weight of their side of the see-saw to more quickly balance the ultimate outcome? Ladies, keep working and soldier on!You're all MY favorite creatures in God's infinite kingdom. Remember: You're smarter than us, and I'm not kidding.

Well, fellow male. Although I'd agree (which I do...but don't tell anybody) that maybe just a bit of discrimination might be perceived here. I've gotta' say that my being an Anglo-Saxon Protestant male, try-as-I-may, I just can't place myself in the shoes of all those (and they greatly outnumber us), who simply were born otherwise. No way can I blame women who're simply seeking equality with my ilk for looking through their eyes in a manner of which I'd undoubtedly do likewise. Is overcompensating for seriously wrong, historically brutal discrimination of all females or ethnic dispositions of simply not being lilly white by those of my unchosen genetic formation wrong...or is it just nature's way of one's (mostly) well-intentioned way of adding to the weight of their side of the see-saw to more quickly balance the ultimate outcome. Girls, keep working and being MY favorite creatures in God's kingdom. Remember: You're smarter than us, and I'm not kidding.

Well, as a female. Just give a level playing field and equitable treatment and go hire the best person possible.

I’m sick of whiners. “Life ain’t fair.” Count your blessings we actually have laws requiring equal, not preferential, treatment.....OK, sometimes they do equate to preferential treatment. And that is no more right than when reversed.

I love Kellie. I love her current team. I would absolutely love to see her take the reins of the Lady Vol program someday.

We can't always get what we want, but sometimes we get what we need.

Right now, I'm just about convinced we need Wes Moore.

He checks all the right boxes: Success, experience, recruiting, rebuilding, character, discipline, personality, game planning, teaching skills, Tennessee roots, realistic salary expectations.

Re: the latter: NC State would be crazy not to restructure contract to try to keep him.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I don't look for Fulmer to do anything if at all until after the men exit the tourney. Don't have to be a female from UT as far as I am concerned. Hirable people in my mind would be in order: Wes , Brenda, Kellie and fill in the rest as you see fit.

As far as I can figure, MSU's roster's talent rating isn't anywhere near as highly touted as is that of the game chicks'. Despite this, Ms. Staley has three prominent thorns in her side regarding coaches she can't seem to beat. Those three are UConn's Geno Auriemma, Notre Dame's Muffet McGraw, and...yep...down in Starkville...Vic Schaefer at little MSU.

Dawn has owned Vic until this season, when SC was in a rebuilding mode. I think Vivians and William only got 1 win in 8+ matchups during their 4 years against SC, and that was last season.

Like our softball team, we could have co-head coaches.

Their name would be Jolly Holly.

Replace CHW with Kelley Jolly Harper now. She played for Pat Summit as the point guard winning 3-National Championship titles. She served on the staff of two winning coaches, Joe Campi of Auburn and Wes Moore at UTC. Then she was a success as a coach at Western North Carolina. She took over a losing Missouri State program. Now in her third year, she guided them to being a "Sweet 16 Team" scoring upsets on three other highly rated teams to get there. Bring her home now. She can restore the Lady Vols to the days of Pat Summit.

Whether she played for Pat is irrelevant. Her results speak for themselves and make her a qualified candidate. But, "restore the Lady Vols to the days of Pat Summit"? Not likely. She can make the program respectable again, maybe even feared, but Pat is gone. Get over it.

VN Store

Back