Kelley Jolly Harper - Lady Vols Coach

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Replace CHW with Kelley Jolly Harper now. She played for Pat Summit as the point guard winning 3-National Championship titles. She served on the staff of two winning coaches, Joe Campi of Auburn and Wes Moore at UTC. Then she was a success as a coach at Western North Carolina. She took over a losing Missouri State program. Now in her third year, she guided them to being a "Sweet 16 Team" scoring upsets on three other highly rated teams to get there. Bring her home now. She can restore the Lady Vols to the days of Pat Summit.

Replace CHW with Kelley Jolly Harper now. She played for Pat Summit as the point guard winning 3-National Championship titles. She served on the staff of two winning coaches, Joe Campi of Auburn and Wes Moore at UTC. Then she was a success as a coach at Western North Carolina. She took over a losing Missouri State program. Now in her third year, she guided them to being a "Sweet 16 Team" scoring upsets on three other highly rated teams to get there. Bring her home now. She can restore the Lady Vols to the days of Pat Summit.

This is her 6th year at MSU and no, you can't have her.

She is doing well, maybe a little less pressure, so if she is offered the job, she might take it? :)

Reactions: feathersax
She makes under $300k, but that may be enough for her. And we all know the University will low ball the offer.

As mentioned, she's a 3-time NCAA champ. It may be in her best interests to pull a Peyton and leave her legacy intact.

This is her 6th year at MSU and no, you can't have her.

Whoever Tennessee decides they want they will get. Get over it, the almighty dollar wins every time.

Would probably just have to match to get her home. That being said, I'm no women's basketball expert so who knows if she is the best fit, sounds good though!

And you forgot to mention her dismal record at NC State before she was fired. She is right where she needs to be. We have had the present experiment go on waaaaay too long. There are only a handful of coaches worthy of the position as head coach of the Lady Vols and Kellie is NOT one of them. Back up the Brinks truck. Bring in a stellar court general.

If she wasn’t an LV alum, would anyone be wanting her? There’s no reason we shouldn’t go after a proven head coach who’s won at a high level rather than one with one Sweet Sixteen run.

I was watching her yesterday...she has that steeled-eye look that Pat had...interesting 🤔

Sorry but history shows in all sports that the established coaches at great programs rarely leave. UT has a great history however it will be a tough place to coach if not winning. Someone is going to have to want to be here. Who ever it is will be compared to Pat.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Whoever Tennessee decides they want they will get. Get over it, the almighty dollar wins every time.

Would probably just have to match to get her home. That being said, I'm no women's basketball expert so who knows if she is the best fit, sounds good though!

Not sure about your first sentence.
Doubt we could get Mulkey Or McGraw or Schaefer or Staley or Walz or Freeze.
(I won’t even mention the guy in Storrs. He wouldn’t come and we fans would riot...lol).
They all make very good money and have excellent situations.
Outside of those, we can certainly offer an established winner.

"Get over it, the almighty dollar wins every time."

Ken Sparks is one good example to dispute that claim.

She's female.

She's a LVFL.

She glares like CPHS.

Her gestures are like CPHS.

:oops: Please Mr. Philip Fulmer ... use discretion and wisdom to land the ABSOLUTE BEST COACH possible to take us back to the top. Do NOT be distracted by this emotional insanity that has already taken us down this 7 year bumpy road.

Make a cold calculated well researched and solid championship choice. Not another bad one based on superstitious fanaticism.

Sorry but history shows in all sports that the established coaches at great programs rarely leave. UT has a great history however it will be a tough place to coach if not winning. Someone is going to have to want to be here. Who ever it is will be compared to Pat.
True, but then you occasionally will have someone like Roy Williams leaving Kansas (right after winning a NC?) to go to UNC.

Reactions: Bennessee01
Not sure about your first sentence.
Doubt we could get Mulkey Or McGraw or Schaefer or Staley or Walz or Freeze.
(I won’t even mention the guy in Storrs. He wouldn’t come and we fans would riot...lol).
They all make very good money and have excellent situations.
Outside of those, we can certainly offer an established winner.

First of all, if Geno wanted the job and the fans were upset about it you're all morons, but that will never happen so lets move on.

You are correct. I meant more in the realistic side of things. I think KJH fits the bill of (underpaid, not at a blue blood, not at her roots). If UT really wanted her, they would get her. I think the Lady Vol program means a lot to Phil as such a close friend of Pat Summit. I believe when he makes up his mind on who the best choice is, that is who we will get. It's not going to be a football rabbit hole on to our 7th choice where our money doesn't matter. That was more my point, my fault not being clear.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back