Kasim Hill QB

Don't see it. UT's coaches replaced JG with a true Fr after UF that they knew was not ready to play. They liked what they saw well enough that they planned to make him the starter before he had his head/neck injury.

JG could have sealed it up if he had played the last two games like he had the previous 3 or 4. Instead, he reinforced all of the concerns that got him benched to start with.

If I were laying odds... I would say there is a better than 50% chance that someone outperforms him and takes the starting job. IMO, the rest except for Holiday have pretty equal chances of being that guy. The only caveat is that I doubt Bailey would be thrown out there in the first game.
“Thrown out” against Charlotte? More likely than debuting in Norman, Oklahoma.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Greetings all. I am new here. First time post. Anyway, what do we know about Maryland transfer Kasim Hill. He had to sit out this past season. But is he a viable option to start at QB. From what I have read he may be better than JG.
Probably a scout team QB.

Just an opinion... and a hope that they don't put him under pressure too early.
I understand the sentiment but without Georgia Stating it, Charlotte would be a good time to see how he responds. May need him against Oklahoma, so we shouldn’t wait until Furman...jmo.

I think Hill has potential more than some think. He was a 4 star recruit in 2017 and really only played one season as a RS FR. He may be another Chryst but even if he is the backup, he should provide stability and pushing the number #1.

If you look at his stats, his completion % was terrible but again he was only a freshman. If you watch his film, you can see he has the ability to make plays. Let's not count him out yet.

Greetings all. I am new here. First time post. Anyway, what do we know about Maryland transfer Kasim Hill. He had to sit out this past season. But is he a viable option to start at QB. From what I have read he may be better than JG.
1. No, he’s not a viable option. He was a 49% passer with a poor passer rating in his last year at Maryland. Our starter next year, imho, should he either Maurer or Bailey, with Hill providing depth.
2. Every qb we have on the roster is better than JG.

I think Hill has potential more than some think. He was a 4 star recruit in 2017 and really only played one season as a RS FR. He may be another Chryst but even if he is the backup, he should provide stability and pushing the number #1.

If you look at his stats, his completion % was terrible but again he was only a freshman. If you watch his film, you can see he has the ability to make plays. Let's not count him out yet.
He was a sophomore/in his second year when he played/started 10 games and completed 49% of his passes.

He was a sophomore/in his second year when he played/started 10 games and completed 49% of his passes.
But isn't Chaney the QB whisperer for UT's island of misfit QBs??????

But seriously, I thought Chaney did an excellent job to finish the regular season....just thought he failed to adjust and adapt to take what IU was giving us sooner in the Bowl game.

Saw today Maurer had surgery on his knee, played vs Indiana, so it must have been a minor injury. Anyone know if this will limit him this spring?

1. No, he’s not a viable option. He was a 49% passer with a poor passer rating in his last year at Maryland. Our starter next year, imho, should he either Maurer or Bailey, with Hill providing depth.
I would wait until after the spring game before stating he is not a viable option. Maturity and composure will determine who the best Qb is for this team.

I would love to know more about Hill and what UT's plans are for him. He was a 4 star, if he just wanted to play QB and get some film for the NFL he could have gone to a mid-tier P5 school. But he chose to come to UT knowing that we had 3 QB's playing this year and Harrison Bailey committed. Why? My thought all along is that, like Juan Jennings who changed from QB to receiver, he would do the same. Does anyone know what he has been working on? Has he been passing? Catching? Jeremy Banks moved from RB to LB, I just have a feeling that Pruitt has something in mind for Hill other than QB, and Hill must be on board since he could have transferred anywhere.

I would love to know more about Hill and what UT's plans are for him. He was a 4 star, if he just wanted to play QB and get some film for the NFL he could have gone to a mid-tier P5 school. But he chose to come to UT knowing that we had 3 QB's playing this year and Harrison Bailey committed. Why? My thought all along is that, like Juan Jennings who changed from QB to receiver, he would do the same. Does anyone know what he has been working on? Has he been passing? Catching? Jeremy Banks moved from RB to LB, I just have a feeling that Pruitt has something in mind for Hill other than QB, and Hill must be on board since he could have transferred anywhere.
Didn't he pretty much spend most of 2019 running the scout team offense?

I don't have any links, more like hearsay & supposition, but I could swear I read it on our forums and other places all season.

Went to the last one...going to the next. Friends already got us a hotel in Norman. Better snap one up or you’ll need to get one in Oklahoma City...like my wife and I did last time. GREAT game environment! Maybe even better than College Station. Definitely need to meet up again.

Definitely and I am going to start working on a tailgate spot. I still have your number.

Reactions: butchna
We played 5 million quarterbacks this past season. Hell, I think I saw Keller Chryst play again. Hill is just a dude on the roster. You have to figure if he were good he’d be starting somewhere. He’s not the answer.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JG's problem, to me seems more mental than anything. If the QB battle is nonexistent in his mind, he plays like crap. *notice how he performs coming off the bench behind someone else or is pulled from the game and comes in later. This is also noticeable in the red zone. He more often than not delivers a less than accurate throw.

My hope is that one of the newbies comes in during practice and is light years ahead, and there's no competition to be had. I really don't care who that is, I want to see consistency. JG would be a "decent" backup or one of the backups. I know that's not what he wants his senior year, but it's a business, and you have to perform. Maurer and Shrout, I don't think we see much more from them, although I could be wrong. I think surely as many QB's as we have on the roster we see a couple transfer next year, if not during the off season.

To sum up JG's season, he helped lose a couple of games we should have won, but then again, he helped get us to a bowl game. I wish nothing but the best for him, but dang, if what we see is what we're going to get next year, I hope we have another option. Can you imagine the crowd at the first game if JG is trotted out?!
I'm hoping like "hail" that the crowd doesn't determine who will be our quarterback.

I hope you're right. The sad thing is that JG was the best we had this past season

That bar, my friend, is a tripping hazard. 😝

Welcome btw

I’m new to posting on here however I’ve been on this site daily for over 10 yrs. KB I read your posts often and agree often, however while I believe jg isn’t the qb that wins us a national championship it just bothers me to my core to hear and read things daily about how terrible he is! We have all heard from the jg supporters , different oc often, beat to death, slow decision maker etc and I agree with most of it. However without him we do not go to a bowl game. I was a superintendent on the building of Anderson training center as well as the new stokley dorms where I met a lot of these young men. People can say they get free education, training and are catered to. I agree. I also bet if over half on this board we’re exposed to the ridicule this young man has been , whether at work, Home etc then most would have “transferred “ out of that environment! Whether he stinks it up or has to get a view from the sideline only to come back in and make clutch throws and lead us or should I say do his job leading us to win,,, well he deserves our respect. Not a chance he is the worst qb on the roster. Having said all that I bet he doesn’t do what most would and TRANSFER! True vfl. In my book. We have to have much better play from that position yes but smearing a young mans face in his failures isn’t a VFL! I’d take a team full with the heart that young man has. No dis respect meant. Just my thoughts.

VN Store

Back