Kasim Hill QB

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
Greetings all. I am new here. First time post. Anyway, what do we know about Maryland transfer Kasim Hill. He had to sit out this past season. But is he a viable option to start at QB. From what I have read he may be better than JG.
Sounds like you are not new lol. JG been a hot topic. Welcome.. You will have a long thread for your first one.

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
His most notable game was that win over Texas in '17 - starting QB got injured so he was put in as a tr. freshman (in game 1 mind you, when just arrived on campus a few weeks back) and led them to a comeback. I think he struggled staying healthy at Maryland - tore his right ACL in game 9 of 2017 season, then tore his left ACL late in the 2018 season. He was a 4* coming out of HS. He's a solid backup.

Who knows what he'll turn into. Maryland has been a complete sh!tshow for QBs the last half decade. If you think we've had issues, you'd cry yourself to sleep if you had to endure what they did. Multiple times in a season they've been down to their 4th string QB or in the case of 2012 they actually lost their 4th string and had to use a true freshman LB for the last four games - they lost 3 QBs to ACLs that year. In 2015 Maryland again had injury troubles, throwing 29 INTs that year. 2017 they again had a wacky season, 2 ACL tears, even started a Walk On vs Nebraska.

I'm glad he got out of that slaughter house and is getting his chance. Even if he's a career backup, he's a reliable one.

NATHAN05

Stuck in Gator land, hurry up retirement!!
Sounds like you are not new lol. JG been a hot topic. Welcome.. You will have a long thread for your first one.
Looks like he's a lurker......joined 2017. 🤣🤣🤣

I'm with @VolforFootball I think it could possibly be a battle with Hill and Bailey......unless Maurer makes a massive leap in the offseason. It's kinda nice having options at least. Really getting a fuzzy feeling about 2020 if we can get this QB thing figured out.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

His most notable game was that win over Texas in '17 - starting QB got injured so he was put in as a tr. freshman (in game 1 mind you, when just arrived on campus a few weeks back) and led them to a comeback. I think he struggled staying healthy at Maryland - tore his right ACL in game 9 of 2017 season, then tore his left ACL late in the 2018 season. He was a 4* coming out of HS. He's a solid backup.

Who knows what he'll turn into. Maryland has been a complete sh!tshow for QBs the last half decade. If you think we've had issues, you'd cry yourself to sleep if you had to endure what they did. Multiple times in a season they've been down to their 4th string QB or in the case of 2012 they actually lost their 4th string and had to use a true freshman LB for the last four games - they lost 3 QBs to ACLs that year. In 2015 Maryland again had injury troubles, throwing 29 INTs that year. 2017 they again had a wacky season, 2 ACL tears, even started a Walk On vs Nebraska.

I'm glad he got out of that slaughter house and is getting his chance. Even if he's a career backup, he's a reliable one.
Who knows but he may be the surprise of the Qb room especially if he has regained mobility from the ACL’s.

vettefool

I am a new member too. , and I'm thinking I may not be thick skinned enough to start a thread on here.lol so I salute you my friend, and I have wondered the same thing about hill, he seems a hidden commodity?
Just remember many of the smartass posts come from 12 year olds and 20 year olds living in their moms basement. So just enjoy, you can garner a little knowledge on here.

VN Store

Sponsors