Kasim Hill QB

Greetings all. I am new here. First time post. Anyway, what do we know about Maryland transfer Kasim Hill. He had to sit out this past season. But is he a viable option to start at QB. From what I have read he may be better than JG.
Sounds like you are not new lol. JG been a hot topic. Welcome.. You will have a long thread for your first one.

His most notable game was that win over Texas in '17 - starting QB got injured so he was put in as a tr. freshman (in game 1 mind you, when just arrived on campus a few weeks back) and led them to a comeback. I think he struggled staying healthy at Maryland - tore his right ACL in game 9 of 2017 season, then tore his left ACL late in the 2018 season. He was a 4* coming out of HS. He's a solid backup.

Who knows what he'll turn into. Maryland has been a complete sh!tshow for QBs the last half decade. If you think we've had issues, you'd cry yourself to sleep if you had to endure what they did. Multiple times in a season they've been down to their 4th string QB or in the case of 2012 they actually lost their 4th string and had to use a true freshman LB for the last four games - they lost 3 QBs to ACLs that year. In 2015 Maryland again had injury troubles, throwing 29 INTs that year. 2017 they again had a wacky season, 2 ACL tears, even started a Walk On vs Nebraska.

I'm glad he got out of that slaughter house and is getting his chance. Even if he's a career backup, he's a reliable one.

Sounds like you are not new lol. JG been a hot topic. Welcome.. You will have a long thread for your first one.

Looks like he's a lurker......joined 2017. 🤣🤣🤣

I'm with @VolforFootball I think it could possibly be a battle with Hill and Bailey......unless Maurer makes a massive leap in the offseason. It's kinda nice having options at least. Really getting a fuzzy feeling about 2020 if we can get this QB thing figured out.

His most notable game was that win over Texas in '17 - starting QB got injured so he was put in as a tr. freshman (in game 1 mind you, when just arrived on campus a few weeks back) and led them to a comeback. I think he struggled staying healthy at Maryland - tore his right ACL in game 9 of 2017 season, then tore his left ACL late in the 2018 season. He was a 4* coming out of HS. He's a solid backup.

Who knows what he'll turn into. Maryland has been a complete sh!tshow for QBs the last half decade. If you think we've had issues, you'd cry yourself to sleep if you had to endure what they did. Multiple times in a season they've been down to their 4th string QB or in the case of 2012 they actually lost their 4th string and had to use a true freshman LB for the last four games - they lost 3 QBs to ACLs that year. In 2015 Maryland again had injury troubles, throwing 29 INTs that year. 2017 they again had a wacky season, 2 ACL tears, even started a Walk On vs Nebraska.

I'm glad he got out of that slaughter house and is getting his chance. Even if he's a career backup, he's a reliable one.
Who knows but he may be the surprise of the Qb room especially if he has regained mobility from the ACL’s.

We are going to have one of the (if not THE) deepest QB bench in the country!!! CJP sure knows how to recruit-and now we get a guy this good as a walk-on (no scholy yet), yes sir CJP is doing something right. I'm smelling a NATY!

Hopefully he is a better option than JG. Would be nice to have a qb that can run when needed. May the best man win.

zactly...who that will be..who knows but, JG could be the starter next year...of course, we all want the next: fill in the blank....:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE OFF SEASON!!!!!

Reactions: BigOrangeCrazy
I am a new member too. , and I'm thinking I may not be thick skinned enough to start a thread on here.lol so I salute you my friend, and I have wondered the same thing about hill, he seems a hidden commodity?
Just remember many of the smartass posts come from 12 year olds and 20 year olds living in their moms basement. So just enjoy, you can garner a little knowledge on here.

VN Store

Back