Kaidon Salter enrolled at Liberty

He used the call girls…personally. There are no pics (that we know of), but you don’t need a million dots…just the ones that connect.

Also not sure how getting hookers for high school kids is better.

Thanks, Butchna. I agree...involving high school kids in that practice isn't better than doing it yourself.

Here is what I found online. I am in the camp that says Hugh Freeze is a guy who gave in to temptations to stray in his marriage, and he failed, and he sought forgiveness from his wife as well as his God, and he wants to move forward. Insofar as I ever speak about that man, I'll refer to him as someone who has made right his wrongs, so he isn't in the "permanent creep" camp, but the "flawed and forgiven" camp. I think we'd all want that here on VN, as well, if such things ever became part of our lives. He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Freeze spoke of one of his three daughters being angry over what she had seen in social media and online media outlets.
“I tell her ‘Baby, your dad did something wrong and he has to be accountable.'”
“I cannot control what people say, what people think, nor can you,” Freeze, 48, continued. “But I can make up my mind and my mind is set. It is settled, my eyes are clear. My heart is full. My feet are pointed forward and I am looking forward with thanksgiving to what God has for me and my family next because of His great love and His great forgiveness.”
Hugh & Jill Freeze speak of God's grace at Liberty U. | Baptist Press

I can’t avoid staying away from drugs and adhering to the level of conduct expected at a public university. I think I’ll transfer to a private Christian University with a significantly more stringent conduct expectation - I’m sure I can stay out of trouble there!
Less temptation. Keep a lower profile.

Did Freeze cheat on his wife? Is that a rumor, misinformation, or reliably confirmed? I thought the issue at Ole Miss was hiring call girls for recruits, and it was on his work phone, and he got caught. I'd hate to see him slandered for something he didn't do. I'm not sure that Freeze himself ever committed adultery or got involved with hookers. Does anyone know this from a reliable source? Has he himself admitted it? It's terrible to say that about someone publicly (no matter what their other crimes/sins may be) if it isn't what actually happened.
He is pure as the new driven snow.

He is pure as the new driven snow.

Interestingly, that is exactly what I believe; and in fact, it is the central truth of my entire life. Not joking.

“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

Liberty is a great place for someone looking for people to support a change in their life, but it’s not magic, if his heart doesn’t change he can get in the same trouble in Lynchburg he did in Knoxville. It’s not a monastery.

Obviously you discount the years it took to get those players; and then they must learn your system. So you really can't count the first two years, or the Last; when all the negative stuff was happening. Freeze beat bammer. Ut beat bammer when? Freeze is a helluva coach, as evidenced by Liberty's success.

Maybe we should have hired Kevin Sumlin. He beat Saban and was available after he lost to Arizona State by a score of 70-7

Nice to see a player with no moral fiber find a coach that has the same qualities.

They should make a great team.

Purhaps, as an orthadox christion, I believe Ethiopia is where Christianity came from, and not Rome. I understand sin is a part of being human. No matter what, cannabis does not destroy you like alcohol.

To each his own. But when I was growing up, I was taught to never trust a man that is cheating on his wife. Basically if he cheats his wife, he would cheat anybody. ;)
But that is just me............
While I agree with this, football is big biz and any successful coaches must be willing to cheat, lie, and manipulate! Those “do it the right way” coaches are still playing in the gray area, don’t kid yourself! Is there any more of a poser than Dabo?

For this thread: No surprise Salter at Liberty, but who cares and it doesn’t matter. He’s a loser!

I liked your post to give a hint but it is finally public. He should do well sitting behind their projected 1st round pick. Hopefully Freeze stays and Kaidon learned from the mistakes.
Liberty is the place where all football sinners wind up!

Purhaps, as an orthadox christion, I believe Ethiopia is where Christianity came from, and not Rome. I understand sin is a part of being human. No matter what, cannabis does not destroy you like alcohol.

I am having so much trouble understanding the totality of this post. Just going to set that there and slowly back away.

Last edited:
Reactions: VAVol85
Did Freeze cheat on his wife? Is that a rumor, misinformation, or reliably confirmed? I thought the issue at Ole Miss was hiring call girls for recruits, and it was on his work phone, and he got caught. I'd hate to see him slandered for something he didn't do. I'm not sure that Freeze himself ever committed adultery or got involved with hookers. Does anyone know this from a reliable source? Has he himself admitted it? It's terrible to say that about someone publicly (no matter what their other crimes/sins may be) if it isn't what actually happened.
Just out of curiosity...why are you so vehemently defending the accusation of infidelity against him? The act of hiring hookers for his players shows that he had a complete lack of moral integrity toward sex outside of marriage. Why would it be so hard to believe he was capable of sexual immorality himself? He was obviously dealing with some demons at the time. I hope he gets it all worked out and gets his life back on track, but that is between him, his GOD and his wife.

Heh. Well, setting aside the marital infidelity - which I say with some reservation because I think that tells you something about his character - but anyway, setting that to the side - he wasn't even GOOD at cheating. He got caught. Multiple times. He couldn't hide either his cheating with his wife OR his scheme for recruiting violations. If someone's going to be a head coach for Tennessee football, or any big-time program, and they feel cheating is necessary to somehow gain an advantage, then for the love of ... I mean, they better be GOOD at it, right?
I think Salter will fit right in with the culture that has been created at Liberty. I , would not sign a letter of intent for my children if they wanted to play for Freeze at Liberty. I would pay for them to go to another school and walk on.

He used the call girls…personally. There are no pics (that we know of), but you don’t need a million dots…just the ones that connect.

Also not sure how getting hookers for high school kids is better.
I would have loved a few when I was in high school.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
It's so Tennessee to get into trouble for paying players and the next year it's legal. With how they handled it By firing the ones involved and the rules changed there should be no trouble for the Vols.
That is not going to happen. The NCAA is a big Bully. If a school stands up and fights back as
UNLV did and NC did, they back off. When schools like UT has done for decades and kiss the NCAA ass and begs for mercy, they get the big hammer laid on them. It will all happen again.

VN Store

Back