Kaidon Salter enrolled at Liberty

Heh. Well, setting aside the marital infidelity - which I say with some reservation because I think that tells you something about his character - but anyway, setting that to the side - he wasn't even GOOD at cheating. He got caught. Multiple times. He couldn't hide either his cheating with his wife OR his scheme for recruiting violations. If someone's going to be a head coach for Tennessee football, or any big-time program, and they feel cheating is necessary to somehow gain an advantage, then for the love of ... I mean, they better be GOOD at it, right?

At Least Freeze Won with Bought Players......

Yeah. Why not? A guy who was just fired for cause in a scandal where he misused program resources.... that would want about $8 million per year guaranteed to take over a team facing an NCAA investigation. What could go wrong?

Look, I'm a Freeze fan. I think he's a great football coach who made some pretty significant mistakes. I hope his life and career are on course again now. But there is no fantasy universe in which UT could have hired someone with that kind of baggage right after firing a coach for cause.

My hope for Freeze is that he stays right where he is and builds a great program for Liberty. Maybe they'll get an opportunity to become a P-5 school some day.
This. I love Freeze. Know some people who know him personally. It would be a dream come true to see him coach at Tennessee... but like all of us, the man has some struggles that he needs to guard himself against. It's in his best interest to stay right where he is.

Since he was dismissed, I don’t think this counts as his one time free pass. Salter wasn’t doing great things for us. End of caring for me.
Thanks for the response.
I gotta admit I haven’t watched a lot of his YouTube clips, and I don’t really breakdown film like some of our other esteemed Volnation posters, but I think if enough people were interested and with him under the tutelage of Freeze, I would prefer not to see him on the other sideline

Thanks for the response.
I gotta admit I haven’t watched a lot of his YouTube clips, and I don’t really breakdown film like some of our other esteemed Volnation posters, but I think if enough people were interested and with him under the tutelage of Freeze, I would prefer not to see him on the other sideline
I have no doubt he’ll thrive under Freeze. We have our own program in which to concentrate. Ducking fantasy matchups that aren’t current reality is beyond our powers. If we hired the right guy, it’s not going to be a picnic for others.

Reactions: Pride85
To each his own. But when I was growing up, I was taught to never trust a man that is cheating on his wife. Basically if he cheats his wife, he would cheat anybody. ;)
But that is just me............

Did Freeze cheat on his wife? Is that a rumor, misinformation, or reliably confirmed? I thought the issue at Ole Miss was hiring call girls for recruits, and it was on his work phone, and he got caught. I'd hate to see him slandered for something he didn't do. I'm not sure that Freeze himself ever committed adultery or got involved with hookers. Does anyone know this from a reliable source? Has he himself admitted it? It's terrible to say that about someone publicly (no matter what their other crimes/sins may be) if it isn't what actually happened.

Reactions: Gandalf
Maybe it's me, but the kid has shown no remorse whatsoever for his actions at TN. Not a single post of sorry or anything. I have a feeling he will be out of college sports eventually. Fewer eyes will be on him at Liberty but the issues will continue imo.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and Vols919
Did Freeze cheat on his wife? Is that a rumor, misinformation, or reliably confirmed? I thought the issue at Ole Miss was hiring call girls for recruits, and it was on his work phone, and he got caught. I'd hate to see him slandered for something he didn't do. I'm not sure that Freeze himself ever committed adultery or got involved with hookers. Does anyone know this from a reliable source? Has he himself admitted it? It's terrible to say that about someone publicly (no matter what their other crimes/sins may be) if it isn't what actually happened.
He used the call girls…personally. There are no pics (that we know of), but you don’t need a million dots…just the ones that connect.

Also not sure how getting hookers for high school kids is better.

I have no doubt he’ll thrive under Freeze. We have our own program in which to concentrate. Ducking fantasy matchups that aren’t current reality is beyond our powers. If we hired the right guy, it’s not going to be a picnic for others.
I’m not worried either. Just making a joke at our own expense. They’re pretty easy to do.

Reactions: butchna
losing SEC record...

Obviously you discount the years it took to get those players; and then they must learn your system. So you really can't count the first two years, or the Last; when all the negative stuff was happening. Freeze beat bammer. Ut beat bammer when? Freeze is a helluva coach, as evidenced by Liberty's success.

Reactions: Hbg
I may be in the minority here but I don’t feel he was much of a loss regardless. Even if he had been a great teammate, he was still only 6ft tall with a sidearm delivery which would’ve made him serviceable at best in the SEC. In a room full of more polished, faster, stronger 6’3 + qbs with an “over the top” delivery, I don’t think he would’ve been able to compete physically. Which means his addition would’ve been simple depth. Add in his “all about me” personally and it becomes “addition by subtraction”.

For so many that follow recruiting on this board, it floors me that some of you EVER expected this kid to be a leader at all. Much less a starting qb in this league. All I needed to see was one interview in HS after a game and nothing that came about in the future shocked me at all.

Obviously you discount the years it took to get those players; and then they must learn your system. So you really can't count the first two years, or the Last; when all the negative stuff was happening. Freeze beat bammer. Ut beat bammer when? Freeze is a helluva coach, as evidenced by Liberty's success.
Against no one. He had a losing SEC record despite cheating like crazy.

I can’t avoid staying away from drugs and adhering to the level of conduct expected at a public university. I think I’ll transfer to a private Christian University with a significantly more stringent conduct expectation - I’m sure I can stay out of trouble there!

I don't remember who told me a "weed smoking team would NEVER beat a great team" on this board, and i said "hi" from the washington huskies. Don't let Liberty be that team.

VN Store

Back