Kaidon Salter enrolled at Liberty

Just out of curiosity...why are you so vehemently defending the accusation of infidelity against him? The act of hiring hookers for his players shows that he had a complete lack of moral integrity toward sex outside of marriage. Why would it be so hard to believe he was capable of sexual immorality himself? He was obviously dealing with some demons at the time. I hope he gets it all worked out and gets his life back on track, but that is between him, his GOD and his wife.

Oh, I'm definitely not defending him from that accusation. Certainly not vehemently or in any other way. See my post #52 above, which I wrote after the one you just quoted. I simply wasn't sure what had been admitted or discovered in his case, factually speaking, so I didn't want the guy to be accused in this board of stuff that wasn't true or proven or admitted. But then I did a little digging and found that there was some kind of infidelity admitted. So I don't defend that, nor do I try to make it better or worse than involving high school kids. All of that is equally wrong. At no point did I find it "hard to believe" that Coach Freeze could have been involved himself. Any one of us is capable of giving in to a temptation. I just wanted to inquire about facts, then have our comments on this board relate to actual facts. I think maybe you misread my post as being more of a defense than I intended. I was just askin what was publicly known. I think I pretty much agree with you Pride85 about what you wrote. See my hyperlink in post #52 and I think you'll be encouraged that the guy is getting his life back on track, like you said.

He will have to be very careful there. The rules for campus life are extremely strict. Years ago, 2010s, R rated movies, TVMA, adult materials, alcohol, and so much more were banned on campus and repeat violations could lead to your expulsion. I hope for his sake that he can adjust to the Liberty way.

He will have to be very careful there. The rules for campus life are extremely strict. Years ago, 2010s, R rated movies, TVMA, adult materials, alcohol, and so much more were banned on campus and repeat violations could lead to your expulsion. I hope for his sake that he can adjust to the Liberty way.
He will probably end up getting arrested again. He’s not going to last anywhere.

Liberty is a very strict and structured school. He will have to adjust immediately or he will be on his way somewhere else. I don’t see him being able to follow the rules there when he obviously couldn’t do that at Tennessee.

There is probably a different kind of peer pressure there. Also, Virginia has decriminalized possession of up to an ounce so he probably won't get a second look from law enforcement unless he starts trying to move weight. Thirdly, the staff there is not under the same kind of pressures at UTK staff and they have the luxury of spending time shepherding players if they think it is warranted.

Purhaps, as an orthadox christion, I believe Ethiopia is where Christianity came from, and not Rome. I understand sin is a part of being human. No matter what, cannabis does not destroy you like alcohol.

An off-topic aside: are you saying that you're a baptized communicant of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church? I'd be shocked to learn that that church condones the use of marijuana (and, yes, I'm aware that Bob Marley was a convert), or that any of its bishops believe that Christianity originated in Ethiopia (just as surely no Roman Catholic bishops believe Christianity originated in Rome).

Reactions: volinthenorth
There is probably a different kind of peer pressure there. Also, Virginia has decriminalized possession of up to an ounce so he probably won't get a second look from law enforcement unless he starts trying to move weight. Thirdly, the staff there is not under the same kind of pressures at UTK staff and they have the luxury of spending time shepherding players if they think it is warranted.
This. So very well said.

Liberty is Salter's "warm up" college: Personal weed possession is almost expected in VA, he'll be very hands on handled by staff, and he'll have little trouble showing his talent on the field.

Look for Salter to learn the ropes of college, likely light it up on a small stage, mature off the field...... and be a "portal find" in a year or two.

It's a win-win for Liberty to be Rehab U. They get the services of a coach and players beyond their means for a coupla years, they get wins, they get noticed by troubled players...... rinse, repeat.

Heupel’s win percentage: .778
Freeze’s win percentage: .612
Freeze's winning % is .707 and every program he took over was a rebuild that he made better than he found. Hoople took over an undefeated team and slowly rode it over the cliff's edge as all the talent went buh-bye.

This. So very well said.

Liberty is Salter's "warm up" college: Personal weed possession is almost expected in VA, he'll be very hands on handled by staff, and he'll have little trouble showing his talent on the field.

Look for Salter to learn the ropes of college, likely light it up on a small stage, mature off the field...... and be a "portal find" in a year or two.

It's a win-win for Liberty to be Rehab U. They get the services of a coach and players beyond their means for a coupla years, they get wins, they get noticed by troubled players...... rinse, repeat.
I like your argument for Liberty as a redemptive program. But, when talking about Salter I might recommend a different metaphor for success than “light it up”.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Freeze's winning % is .707 and every program he took over was a rebuild that he made better than he found. Hoople took over an undefeated team and slowly rode it over the cliff's edge as all the talent went buh-bye.
Vacated wins don’t count, and how soon we forget UCF was winless just 6 years ago.

Reactions: feathersax
Your boy Chip Kelly took over a UCLA program from Jim Mora Jr who posted a .605 winning percentage. Crash test dummied it to a .323 winning percentage and recruiting classes that average 30th (and that with a 2018 class ranked 19th that was put together by Mora and ranked top 5 at one point). Never forget that you wanted that crap for us. 😏

Your boy Chip Kelly took over a UCLA program from Jim Mora Jr who posted a .605 winning percentage. Crash test dummied it to a .323 winning percentage and recruiting classes that average 30th (and that with a 2018 class ranked 19th that was put together by Mora and ranked top 5 at one point). Never forget that you wanted that crap for us. 😏
That is some knowledge right there, my man. Truf!

VN Store

Back