Kaela Davis leaving Ga Tech

Sometimes I think you're just trolling, SV. There's no way you're this dense. Right?

How do you know she WOULD accept her her? Works both ways, right? I know because I know how her recruitment went down -- and that should be known by anyone with two eyes and two ears, at this point.

Since you can't understand what was plainly spelled out to you in the Swish Appeal article, let me do it in more simplistic terms. Holly. Does. Not. Want. Kaela. Davis. And. Will. Not. Accept. Her. If. She. Wants. To. Come.

How.Do.You. Know?

Reactions: 1 person
Is the Swish Appeal the be all end all for what players will do? Maybe I don't realize that. All Swish Appeal has to do is say because we say it and that's it? OK. Didn't realize that. She probably won't come here. But, we'll never know if her and Holly talked. But, if she calls Holly I think she's coming here.

I am sure Swiss got the word from someone, that we won't be recruiting her, but, as the other poster pointed out, it doesn't say anything about what if Kaela reaches out to Holly. The recruitment of her has so many different turns and twist it would be easy to see UT stating they will not get involved, however it doesn't go anywhere near saying a phone call wouldn't be taken, just that we are focused on 2016 and 2017. Sounds like Holly doesn't want to play anymore Davis games. However, it in no way says Holly would say no. In my opinion Davis wants some courting, and Holly ain't playing that again. Fool me once...

I will say it as plain as I can...Kaela Davis will not be at Tennessee. PERIOD!

Tennessee will not engage with Kaela, either by reaching out, or her reaching out to Tennessee.

It's. Not. Happening.

unless someone changes their pea-picking mind! could be done!

I totally am in gule's court!

I've gotta say, I continued to be amazed at all the gossip that comes out of the state of Georgia (for years!) :hi:

I liked what I saw of Kaela on tv & feel so bad for her. I hope she finds the perfect spot.

Even if all feuds were off, I doubt Tenn would be her perfect spot right now, as there are so many great guards on the team. She needs a team with a great supporting cast, but where she can also shine as the go-to.

Maybe she could help get UGa off to a new start...

How.Do.You. Know?

Because I'm not an idiot, that's how.

This is basic common sense, which apparently you and a few others lack. This was TN's way of clearing the air knowing beforehand and disconnecting their name with Davis and removing all doubt. They have no interest in taking her. I don't understand why the sam hell anyone is thrown off by the wording. If it was let known that a school isn't recruiting a high school player, that's *common sense* that the school is not interested in having said player on their roster. Why is this any different? (Rhetorical question. It's not. However, that would never be put out officially because coaches can't comment on high school recruits.) Don't over-complicate something so simple. Sometimes things really are as simple as they seem to be. I suppose something could happen (never say never) but barring a huge change of heart, she won't be coming to UT. And don't think for a second that the Davises hadn't at least contacted UT to gauge interest. They're too interested in the drama of it all for it not to have happened, and I don't think anything would've been said unless contact had been made.

If you have a dream of Kaela playing at UT, hang on to it. Maybe it will get you through the tough times.

Because I'm not an idiot, that's how.

How do you know you're not an idiot? You've fooled a lot of us. You've fooled me and I'm pretty difficult to fool.

This is basic common sense, which apparently you and a few others lack.

What is basic common sense? That you're not an idiot? I don't think that's basic common sense at all. It has nothing to do with common sense.

This was TN's way of clearing the air knowing beforehand and disconnecting their name with Davis and removing all doubt. They have no interest in taking her. I don't understand why the sam hell anyone is thrown off by the wording. If it was let known that a school isn't recruiting a high school player, that's *common sense* that the school is not interested in having said player on their roster. Why is this any different? (Rhetorical question. It's not. However, that would never be put out officially because coaches can't comment on high school recruits.) Don't over-complicate something so simple. Sometimes things really are as simple as they seem to be. I suppose something could happen (never say never) but barring a huge change of heart, she won't be coming to UT. And don't think for a second that the Davises hadn't at least contacted UT to gauge interest. They're too interested in the drama of it all for it not to have happened, and I don't think anything would've been said unless contact had been made.

Don't overcomplicate things? Then you say never say never. You just over complicated it. Are you sure you're not an idiot? I think you're an idiot. I'm pretty sure you're an idiot.

If you have a dream of Kaela playing at UT, hang on to it. Maybe it will get you through the tough times.

No, no dream at all. Don't care if she comes here. It is just I think if she calls Holly and says I want to come to UT then Holly would say yes unless someone has some definitive information that they're not sharing. Oh, yeah, I forgot, Swish Appeal says so.

Wow, I haven't seen this level of absolute finality since our resident know-it-all emphatically informed us there was absolutely positively no way Holly was going to recruit a JUCO this year....

Hate to be that guy but in several posts you have used the word "want" when won't is the word you need to use. They kind of have almost an opposite meaning. Just thought you should know for future reference. It was a little confusing in one of your posts earlier in the week.

Surely you are capable of knowing what he meant. Context. So why bring it up if you knew what he meant?

Where did this not recruiting Davis come from? Who was swish appeal source. Because I didn't read anything from Maria or Dan of us not recruiting Davis and by the look of Holly's tweet she has no idea either.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe the Swish Appeal story to probably be accurate and it states that Tennessee will not recruit Kaela but like Sandvol and Gule point out ... If Kaela reaches out to them and is persistant and sincere, Coach Holly and the staff may consider her as an option. They are focused on 2016 and 2017 but if Kaela is coming to them, they will not have to put any effort into her recruitment. At the end of the day, I do think Raider will be right and Davis will only be at UT if she is in the visitors locker room because there will be some good teams lining up for Kaela's services and if her mom is as involved as many have stated then mom's ego will be eating that up all day long!

Last edited:
I believe the Swish Appeal story to probably be accurate and it states that Tennessee will not recruit Kaela but like Sandvol and Gule point out ... If Kaela reaches out to them and is persistant and sincere, Coach Holly and the staff may consider her as an option. They are focused on 2016 and 2017 but if Kaela is coming to them, they will not have to put any effort into her recruitment. At the end of the day, I do think Raider will be right and Davis will only be at UT if she is in the visitors locker room because there will be some good teams lining up for Kaela's services and if her mom is as involved as many have stated then mom's ego will be eating that up all day long!

kvol, I agree. Raider is pretty accurate on his posts, but as gule and Sandvol said, anything is possible. Unless one knows why Kaela is leaving GT and what she is looking for, then.....

I think it is a great decision not to recruit her. Considering the players we already have and players we are trying to bring in no reason to develop a possible bad situation.

Maybe this will help the cause for everybody losing sleep, having trouble spelling, and people who just have to know things:

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

fact
fakt/Submit
noun
a thing that is indisputably the case.

Now I'm only 30, but, I was taught to not get invested in speculation, and put your focus in the facts.
We know Davis is leaving GT, we have no idea where/who she is talking to.
We are speculating Tennessee is completely out of the picture.
There are people outside of the Tennessee organization saying Tennessee does not want her.
At this point their are only 2 options that need to be looked, is Tennessee interested or no? Until we here it from a Tennessee coach or a Davis family member, it's all speculation.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree and I hope her mom is out of the picture and she does want to come here. In my opinion what do we really have to lose? We have a scholarship still available and a dynamic player who could help us in 2016 or we could get rid of her. It works in our favor if she has to sit a season! She would watch from the sidelines and get to see how things are done in Knoxville. She will also be 21 on March 15 of next year which makes her eligible for next years WNBA draft so essentially if she decides its not a fit or we decide it isn't one we could possibly persuade her to head to the draft. I think it is a talent you can not pass up and I would be more incline to work with the basketball mind (her dad and she what his thoughts are) instead of her mom.

Swish Appeal ‏@SwishAppeal 23h23 hours ago
Tennessee won't be suitors for Kaela Davis; #LadyVols won't recruit transfer, @SwishAppeal has learned #ncaaw Lady Vols won't recruit Georgia Tech transfer Kaela Davis - Swish Appeal …
8 retweets 1 favorite
Reply Retweet8 Favorite1
More

Follow

kendra davis
‏@IAmKendraDavis
@SwishAppeal Can't say I blame them. Why keep proposing to a girl who's turned you down twice? Honestly what would be the point😕
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
5:36 PM - 21 May 2015

I repeat...Kaela Davis isn't coming to Tennessee.

Her mom is a piece of work. First, she starts following Tennessee on Twitter, which was to show there was interest on their part. Tennessee basically said no, and then she tweets the above. You honestly just have to laugh.

Where did this not recruiting Davis come from? Who was swish appeal source. Because I didn't read anything from Maria or Dan of us not recruiting Davis and by the look of Holly's tweet she has no idea either.
Holly has also deleted that tweet btw

Kendra just tweeted: If Kaela wanted to go to UT her Dad & I would completely support her..but she doesn't want to go. Let it go Love

Kendra just tweeted: If Kaela wanted to go to UT her Dad & I would completely support her..but she doesn't want to go. Let it go Love

I think most Vol fans have let it go don't care to ruin team chemistry that I think will be very good. I gladly move on and wish her the best of luck wherever she ends up.

VN Store

Back