Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

So she waited around for 35 years as this covert liberal operative waiting for just the right moment to claim that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her all while receiving no financial benefit whatsoever and all while subjecting herself and her family to unrelenting scrutiny and ridicule from the Right? Sounds plausible.
Help Christine Blasey Ford, organized by Team Christine Blasey Ford

Cover Dr. Blasey’s security costs, organized by Heidi Li Feldman

$647K + $209K is a nice payday, no?

4CF55113-ABBA-4177-AB3F-479872E46034.png

72482178-B276-4BE8-971A-07BEB8226FA0.png

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
And this is the thing with any arms race. Somebody needs to de-escalate. The last three moves have all been Republican moves: (1) they announced a BS rule in 2016 and blocked Garland from getting a hearing, (2) eliminated the filibuster for SCOTUS seats, and (3) won't abide by the very rule they announced in 2016. Now you tell me, who's escalating the arms race here?

Remember that the ending of the filibuster was started by Harry Reid when the Dems controlled things and he was warned not to do it:

Senate Democrats Go ‘Nuclear’ to Curb the Filibuster | TIME.com

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
You have yet to do so.

Keep trying if you wish. I will be delighted when you point out the logic of electing someone to leadership for any other characteristic besides ability to lead.

This is a representative democracy, they’re there to represent the citizens and carry out our wishes.

Remember that the ending of the filibuster was started by Harry Reid when the Dems controlled things and he was warned not to do it:

Senate Democrats Go ‘Nuclear’ to Curb the Filibuster | TIME.com

(1) Blocking a scotus appointment by announcing a new rule, (2) eliminating the filibuster for scotus appointees, and (3) not following your own election year rule is totally a fitting response for eliminating the filibuster for lower court appointees (which McConnell was blocking en masse because he didn't want to allow Obama to perform his constitutional duty of appointing judges to our already understaffed federal courts).

And I said I would be FINE with a nomination now if the 2016 sh*tshow didn't happen. That changed the de facto rules. You can't say "we believe the people get the choice through the election" in 2016, deny garland a hearing, and then switch to the opposite position in 2020. The Dems are not the ones being inconsistent here.
Lol

(1) Blocking a scotus appointment by announcing a new rule, (2) eliminating the filibuster for scotus appointees, and (3) not following your own election year rule is totally a fitting response for eliminating the filibuster for lower court appointees (which McConnell was blocking en masse because he didn't want to allow Obama to perform his constitutional duty of appointing judges to our already understaffed federal courts).
When the Dems did it to Bush, for the first time in history, was that Chuck preventing the President from doing his constitutional duty? And did you speak out against it?

They asked questions that attacked his character and had nothing to do with his decisions from the bench. It was a cowardly quest to sway votes because they had nothing else. It was motivated by fear he would be a swing vote regarding future cases involving abortion, their sacred cow litmus test.

Speaking of abortion, that's how I would classify Dr. Ford's testimony about her faded recollection of some event that happened sometime, somewhere, with absolutely no corroboration. At best she is a nut job who was duped to come forward with the flimsiest of stories, with which the Democrat Senators involved in the hearing, made as much hay as they could to the detriment of Kavanaugh's personal and professional reputation. There is no bar that is too low to which "those people" will stoop.

Then let's take a look at Sen. Harris' championing of poor dear Dr. Ford and her "courageous stand" for all those #metoo" victims.

Oh, you mean she didn't hold the same stance when it came to her running mate and his episode with Tara Reade? You mean she changed her mind about his racisim and rape?

Tells you all you need to know about Kamala Harris. Give her an offer of power and there is no one she wouldn't screw

over.
It was nothing more than an attempted frame job.

Reactions: StarRaider

There was a price to be paid for Reid ending the filibuster for lower court appointees. It set the precedent for what Republicans did 3 yrs later.

Reid’s “nuclear option” did not extend to Supreme Court nominees at the time, though McConnell used the precedent of Reid’s decision to lower the vote threshold for the confirmations of Justice Neil Gorsuch last year.

Republicans Are Thanking Harry Reid After Kennedy Retirement

Accusing Kavanaugh of being a gang rapist wasn't escalation?

If RBG didn't want Trump to name her replacement she should have stepped down when barry was President. She didn't, she enjoyed her far left wing power so her dying request doesn't mean a damn thing.
Not to mention that she was probably loaded with dilaudid to the point she didn't know which of the two worlds (this or the next) she was in. My understanding is that pancreatic cancer is very debilitating.

You support killing unborn babies, you vote for those who want abortion post birth. No lie, you're just in denial son.
Son?
I'm guessing the tar has past your knees boy.

See how incredibly stupid, petty, and childish that sounds?
You probably don't.
But very Trumpian of you none the less.

Not to mention that she was probably loaded with dilaudid to the point she didn't know which of the two worlds (this or the next) she was in. My understanding is that pancreatic cancer is very debilitating.
She was a bitter radical leftist until the end

Your first statement isnt logical. It could only be logical if character and leadership are interwoven. Many great leaders had flawed characters. It could possibly be logical if you wanted the president only to be a figurehead.

Your second statement is not related to any point I've made.
Disagree, but it's a pointless tangent.
It is logical to think a leader could be moral and of high character. History is full of examples.

Yep that’s what got my grandmother..... she couldn’t say anything near the end but I guess she could have in theory said it earlier but the reality is that it isn’t her choice.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
No argument about what you wrote.

One of the things I posted that I believe is true is that because of this "tit for tat" with new rules being adopted and the old ways of doing things being abandoned, that the process now has become so corrupted by the quest for power at just about any cost, that the Judiciary is rapidly becoming an extension of the other branches of government and is no longer a branch unto itself to serve as a counter balance when things "go off the rails", that the founding Fathers envisioned. Judges are more likely being selected now, more than ever, for political views and not for evenhanded judgment.

Because each party has their "sacred cows", (Abortion; 2nd Amendment) judges are voted for or against that litmus test. This process and the side show that it has devolved into is a sad commentary on our state of affairs and shows just how nasty people can let themselves become.

I don't like it.

This is very simplistic but how many has these animal instincts in human nature been exacerbated by social media? Ultimately is it the great evil that will undermine the fabric of society, at least American society?

Over history what has been the turning point in the rise and fall of great nations? Do they share anything in common?

These are just rhetorical questions.

VN Store

Back