Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

I am. Still find it superior to the republican party on that all important continuum.
I knew that Trump would drag both parties further down than ever before.
Just as he has dragged the country down.
Again, anybody who did not see that inevitability is simply non-functioning.
To see that inevitability and still support him is what I've never been able to process.
Trump did not drag the Democrats down. You should really stop blaming him for things that aren't his fault. People make choices and act on them. They're responsible for their own actions. What Trump does is his fault. What Democrats do is their fault. He hasn't forced them to act in any way.

For some people poor character is still a nonstarter. To call this illogical is like hiring an employee because they are efficient and ignoring the fact that they are a serial rapist.
It's extremely naive to think you know the first thing about any politician's character. That's like saying you know about Bryan Cranston's character based on watching Breaking Bad.

Trump is not a politician, and some of you guys still cannot cope with that reality after 4 years. You've taken Trump's obvious character flaws that are not diluted by the crap he says whatsoever, and convinced yourselves he is 100 times worse than the swamp creatures in Washington who are basically actors with 10 ft of political bulletproof glass between their persona and their actual personalities and character flaws.

We would all be so much better off if we just muzzled the president and graded him off of policy, but since it is clear the people will refuse to do that, we will continue to have to live with a bunch of POS losers playing pretend that the guy from the apprentice is some unique piece of human garbage among a shining city of the best the country has to offer.

The problem is this. If the Republicans jam this through going against the rule they made up last go round and the democrats take the majority in the Senate... you will see some actions taken that weaken our democracy. Whether it is enlarging the Court or abolishing the filibuster, representation will not be about representing the will of the people, but rather for grabbing as much power as you can for your side while able.
We're far past either party caring about the will of the people. It's been about grabbing power for at least the last two decades. Probably longer. People need to wake up to reality. The system is severely broken.

Trump did not drag the Democrats down. You should really stop blaming him for things that aren't his fault. People make choices and act on them. They're responsible for their own actions. What Trump does is his fault. What Democrats do is their fault. He hasn't forced them to act in any way.
This is an invalid argument in a world where we don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy.

As long as we subject ourselves to two political parties that care more about getting their way than doing what's actually best for the country, things are only going to get worse.

Reactions: AM64
All you dems can shreek over this pick that will get voted through before the election but why would you? Reid changed the number of votes. RBG could've easily stepped down during Barry's last 4 years. Nobody thought Hillary would lose in 2016 and here we are. 😂

Edit: Watch when he chooses a conservative latino woman for the pick and the Dems "Kavanaugh" her. Already see it coming.

It's extremely naive to think you know the first thing about any politician's character. That's like saying you know about Bryan Cranston's character based on watching Breaking Bad.

Trump is not a politician, and some of you guys still cannot cope with that reality after 4 years. You've taken Trump's obvious character flaws that are not diluted by the crap he says whatsoever, and convinced yourselves he is 100 times worse than the swamp creatures in Washington who are basically actors with 10 ft of political bulletproof glass between their persona and their actual personalities and character flaws.

We would all be so much better off if we just muzzled the president and graded him off of policy, but since it is clear the people will refuse to do that, we will continue to have to live with a bunch of POS losers playing pretend that the guy from the apprentice is some unique piece of human garbage among a shining city of the best the country has to offer.
Ideally we want representatives who mirror our own values, beliefs and morals. Donald Trump has shown us which of those his supporters are willing to sacrifice in favor of political control. So far, it’s all of them.

Reactions: luthervol and McDad
Now that the weekend is over and I've given Ginsberg the respect to not initially politicize her passing I believe it is in the best interest of America for the POTUS to fulfill his constitutional duty and nominate the next SCOTUS.

In the past I would think additional reverence could be given in the final months of a presidential term but with the cluster we are possibly going to witness in an already chaotic year it would be grave to not try to have the full compliment of the court.

With that said, I also believe the Republicans are going to keep the presidency and retain the majority in the Senate.

I will add this caveat, it appears almost inevitable that liberalism will one day rule the day in this country. The democrats have spent decades sowing the seeds and globalism attracts enemies in the US to help with the perversion. The only thing that slows it is the moderates that move to the right as the central point in the continuum for what is rational and acceptable slides left.

Now that the weekend is over and I've given Ginsberg the respect to not initially politicize her passing I believe it is in the best interest of America for the POTUS to fulfill his constitutional duty and nominate the next SCOTUS.

In the past I would think additional reverence could be given in the final months of a presidential term but with the cluster we are possibly going to witness in an already chaotic year it would be grave to not try to have the full compliment of the court.

With that said, I also believe the Republicans are going to keep the presidency and retain the majority in the Senate. And Gruden is coming!

I will add this caveat, it appears almost inevitable that liberalism will one day rule the day in this country. The democrats have spent decades sowing the seeds and globalism attracts enemies in the US to help with the perversion. The only thing that slows it is the moderates that move to the right as the central point in the continuum for what is rational and acceptable slides left.

Fixed your post.

I'm not so sure that your characterization is much different than mine except you lean more towards the Democrats as being more reasonable given the examples you used and ignored others that I see as important. I suppose we both have done that.

To lay the cutting edge of partisanship on McConnell for not bringing Garland to a vote, is an example of ignoring the actions of Harry Reid when he was the leader of the Senate. Do I really have to bring those up? I'm sure you are quite aware of them. Having said that, McConnell's actions are blatantly partisan and unfair. Garland should have been brought to a vote and defeated if that was in the cards. It wasn't and here we are. That still does not excuse behavior that has occurred before and since his nomination.

As far as Democrats behavior in the Senate regarding SCOTUS nominees, show me the extent of character assassination that the Republican Senators have engaged in to match or even come close to what the Democrats did with Bork, Thomas and Kavanaugh. The Democrats generally behave themselves when a nominee appears middle of the road but if there is any hint of a threat to their dogma, they will stop at nothing to destroy that candidate through attacks on his/her character rather than on the basis of prior rulings/statements.

It's shameful when they were going to vote "No" no matter what the nominee said in the hearings. In order to sway more "No" votes they tried to make the candidate out as a morally corrupt person because they didn't have enough or anything at all to sway votes on the basis of the nominee's actions from the bench.

It's sickening to me.

You listened to Rush Limbaugh? Why?

My post only appears one-sided because all of the holes that needed filling in your narrative were on one side. What you said is mostly factual, which is why I said it was more grounded in reality than some others. But you still ignored a lot in order to skew it. Adding the facts back is not a mischaracterization, it’s just correcting the record.

So, if you are saying that I see the Democrats as more reasonable than you see them, then sure, but that seems to be an incredibly low bar. If you’re saying I see them as more reasonable than Republicans, that’s a mixed bag that needs fleshing out.

I lived through the last roughly 20 years as a fairly politically aware and partisan republican. Democrats were infuriating. The way they treated W. Bush was shameful. The way they treated Romney and McCain was shameful. I disagreed with parts of their platform, but that’s mostly a wash.

But Republicans generally gave as good as they got. The partisanship was mostly symmetrical. This idea that they were innocent babes being picked off by raging Democrats is bogus. It’s no more truthful than saying that the Democrats were paragons of virtue.

So, while I agree that the exceptions to that balance more often than not involved Republicans being willing to take the high road, or Democrats going especially negative, those exceptions were not particualrly frequent and were what made the Republicans better representatives of me and mine.

But for the past 4 years, maybe longer, (the Garland nomination was just what made me take note of it) any attempt at being better has been abandoned by the GOP. And if your argument is that they were just trying to even the playing field, then they were stupid to try and they overshot the mark by a wide margin.

So at the end of my life we will have 200 or so Supreme Court justices. Solid plan.

The GOP can end the arms race now and simply abide by the same 2016 rule they articulated. But if they don't, and the Dems win the senate and POTUS, it will happen. Better to be in an arm's race than a sucker playing by the rules while the other side acts without principle.

The GOP can end the arms race now and simply abide by the same 2016 rule they articulated. But if they don't, and the Dems win the senate and POTUS, it will happen. Better to be in an arm's race than a sucker playing by the rules while the other side acts without principle.
That’s the attitude that got us here in the first place. And the rule changing started with Dems using filibusters to block Bush appointments First time that was ever done. Dems were the ones who went with the nuclear option. Then you all act surprised when the GOP does the same to you and even escalates it. Like I said, we will have 200 SC justices as this nonsense continues.

That’s the attitude that got us here in the first place. And the rule changing started with Dems using filibusters to block Bush appointments First time that was ever done. Dems were the ones who went with the nuclear option. Then you all act surprised when the GOP does the same to you and even escalates it. Like I said, we will have 200 SC justices as this nonsense continues.
And this is the thing with any arms race. Somebody needs to de-escalate. The last three moves have all been Republican moves: (1) they announced a BS rule in 2016 and blocked Garland from getting a hearing, (2) eliminated the filibuster for SCOTUS seats, and (3) won't abide by the very rule they announced in 2016. Now you tell me, who's escalating the arms race here?

VN Store

Back