Just so you all know, the entire SEC especially LSU and UGA are praying that we don't make the playoffs

To better explain why I think UGA and LSU don't want us in the playoffs. Having to play us again is only 1 of the reasons. There are stakes that are much higher though and both those teams NEED the focus to be on them.

UGA and LSU want to be the new Bama, Bama wants to remain as Bama - for a long time we have not been a challenge to any of that.

This coaching staff has had incredible success without the 5 star recruits. This season has brought excitement - the atmosphere at Neyland is incredible and that has been noticed. Not making the playoffs takes a little away from that - making the playoffs, whether we win or not, adds to that and will / should attract those top recruits. If Hooker is invited to the Heisman awards, and he should be, that is big for the program.

That is the stakes and if this season turns the tide with the recruiting, Tennessee becomes a threat to all the teams that want to be Bama.

I don't think UGA cares who they play including Tennessee again. The final score didn't reflect how bad the loss actually was. UT has had a great year with a great QB and receiving group and it happened to coincide with Pitt,UF, and UA having down years (I could also say LSU because you don't know which team will show up on Saturdays). So the stars aligned good for UT this year. Problem is they ran into UGA who everyone thought would be having a down year with losing 15 players to the NFL but they look to be as good if not better than last year (more balanced offensively and defensively). I don't know why anyone would "want" to play them again instead of hoping they lose to someone else. UT does not stack up well against them because they lack the defense that UGA has. As far as recruiting goes I don't think Alabama or UGA really worry about it since if you look at the top of the rankings for next year you see the same old to familiar faces. LSU and Florida are also recruiting well.

Well considering it will be a great selling point for recruiting they probably don't. It will prove Heupel can get it done here, should help.

The rest of the SEC hates us “now”...
The more things change the more they stay them same. It’s good to be back from football purgatory.

Reactions: StarRaider
I don't think UGA cares who they play including Tennessee again. The final score didn't reflect how bad the loss actually was. UT has had a great year with a great QB and receiving group and it happened to coincide with Pitt,UF, and UA having down years (I could also say LSU because you don't know which team will show up on Saturdays). So the stars aligned good for UT this year. Problem is they ran into UGA who everyone thought would be having a down year with losing 15 players to the NFL but they look to be as good if not better than last year (more balanced offensively and defensively). I don't know why anyone would "want" to play them again instead of hoping they lose to someone else. UT does not stack up well against them because they lack the defense that UGA has. As far as recruiting goes I don't think Alabama or UGA really worry about it since if you look at the top of the rankings for next year you see the same old to familiar faces. LSU and Florida are also recruiting well.

I figured an uga fan would be along shortly to tell us all how lucky we are and how great uga is.

Bless their hearts they just cant help it.

Anyone who thinks UGA is even looking at the playoffs doesn't know Kirby. All UGA is considering is UK. That's why UGA has won 25 straight SEC regular season games. The focus is always on the next game.
I hope UT makes the playoff because they deserve it. IMO, UT will be the 3 seed and play OSU.

all good points.one thing everyone missing is we have the recvrs to beat ga just the same as bama had in the sec champ game last year.thats our blueprint we just have to execute and scheme our blockers to give hook an extra second to throw.

all good points.one thing everyone missing is we have the recvrs to beat ga just the same as bama had in the sec champ game last year.thats our blueprint we just have to execute and scheme our blockers to give hook an extra second to throw.
Bama had a Defense and UT doesn’t

Reactions: EasternVol
Have you guys really stopped to think where we're at? 9-1 and will be 11-1, and a chance for a national championship? This year! We were all hoping for at least an 8-4 or better year. This is only Heupel's 2nd year. Truly amazing what this coach & staff have done with these players--especially after losing what 30 or so to the portal? Who else has done more with less this year? It will be criminal if Heupel doesn't get Coach of the Year. Our players are awesome! GBO! Don't like to run up the score too much on opponents but we have to on these next two games, nothing personal, but we have to overcome the politics of the national media & the CFP committee.

You seem like the kind of person that drinks Haterade for breakfast.

Reactions: VolInNW
What makes "you believe" that LSU or UGA would "not want to play us again"?

i don't think UGA would care, but LSU doesn't want to play us again this season. Their defense doesn't match up well with us. We would be them by at least 3 scores again, probably more.

Usc will lose to either ucla or notre dame. Hopefully.

USC's odds took a hit with UCLA and Oregon losing this past weekend. They no longer have a top-10 opponent remaining on their schedule, even if they make it to the PAC 12 Championship game. Before Saturday it looked they would have the opportunity to knock off two top-10 opponents AND Notre Dame, which would have been an impressive finish.

But agree, I'd feel much better if they just went ahead and lost another game.

Watch out for the media Mafia to rear it's ugly head. This could be the planned death of the CFP as we know it. Goodbye SEC hello Super Conference.

I'm with you Golfpro. That misuse bothers me, too. Got into a debate about could/couldn't with my roommate back in college.

That reminds me of the saying, the proof is in the pudding. That's not how it goes. That doesn't even make sense. What is any kind of proof doing in pudding? The original saying was, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Now we're talking.
However,there are times when I could care less, but just don’t want to extend the effort or wish to leave wiggle room so I can come back later and could care less until reaching the point of couldn’t care less.

The phrase is COULDN'T CARE LESS. The way you stated it means they are able to care less about the topic, which is saying they care.

Sorry to be grammar police but things like that perpetuate the "dumb hillbilly" stereotype.
I see you’re new here. Try to make friends instead of ridiculing other VN members. Just a little advice if you’re receptive to it. It’s not English class here, it is a fan forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Oh yeah, all the other fanbases hate UT. There are bromances at times between certain of them, but i dont think ive read an opposing sec fan say anything positive or respectful of UT, at least online.
LSU comes the closest (of a bromance) imo… I’ve seen lots of LSU fans not caring for the Bama player pushing and shoving or smacking or whatever the UT fans and they are pretty vocal about it 😂.. they also still troll Bama hard.. Georgia fans are Georgiaing and Kentucky is still worried about what we are doing and Bama fans are kind of apathetic at this juncture

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back