Just listened to Heupels post game press conference.

I wonder how you can practice all week and play like this on Saturday ? Seems like this disconnect between QB's/receivers should surface in practice and get resolved. Maybe we got spoiled last year by Hooker & core making it look so easy

Starting to think Milton is practice hero but I REALLY hope I am wrong! We will find out next week

That’s my only play calling question. Why didn’t we run more? Hindsight I know but several drives stalled due to throws that just didn’t work for whatever reason and we kept going right back to it.
For some reason, they were trying to throw Milton out of his slump. Like a basketball player shooting out of their slump.

Our coach has the perfect mindset of calm, control, confident, and patient, while still knowing where everyone is going to go and he’ll get them there. Some posters on this board…cough cough (if you’re flipping out and calling for massive changes when we are 2-0 and a more talented team top to bottom than we’ve been in years and building a great program), would do well to take a step back and trust our coach. Chill the F out.

Eh, I fully believe this was more of a fluke game when you take everything into account. Expect to score 40+ in the Swamp and win by 20 next week still.
I just hope they change your water and litter and let you out to watch the game.

After having a couple of hours to cool off and reflect (and bask in the absolute JOY of a Bama loss (at Bryant Denny even)), I am feeling like this was a team that just wasn’t mentally prepared to play. I am sure Heupel warned them against this mindset pre game; but I have the sense that some members of this team still think football excellence is something you can just „turn on“ like a light switch after kickoff. I am hoping this will be a wake-up call. You have to be dialed in and focused going into game day and we clearly were not. Heupel I am sure knows where the problems lie and will take the necessary steps to deal with them.
But yeah, this game does not give me the warm fuzzies going into Florida week.
AP looked like Zulu warriors on the sidelines with their jumping around. They were at fever pitch. We need that same warrior fever on our team. Not "business as usual".

Reactions: volfeeva
Our coach has the perfect mindset of calm, control, confident, and patient, while still knowing where everyone is going to go and he’ll will them there. Some posters on this board…cough cough (if you’re flipping out and calling for massive changes when we are 2-0 and a more talented team too to bottom than we’ve been in years and building a great program), would do well to take a step back and trust our coach. Chill the F out.

The emotional roller coaster known as VolNation is quite a thrilling ride…. We can vacillate from National Champs to Cellar Dwellars seemingly from play to play (the game threads are a real treat).

“We’re awesome!”
“We suck again!”
“15-0 baby!”
“We might not win another game!”
“Milton for Heisman!”
“Play Nico!”
Etc.

The emotional roller coaster known as VolNation is quite a thrilling ride…. We can vacillate from National Champs to Cellar Dwellars seemingly from play to play (the game threads are a real treat).

“We’re awesome!”
“We suck again!”
“15-0 baby!”
“Milton for Heisman!”
“Play Nico!”
Etc.
I have held all those sentiments - Sybil.

“We’re awesome!”
“We suck again!”
“15-0 baby!”
“Milton for Heisman!”
“Play Nico!”
Etc.
Absolutely perfect post. We'll done sir.

Several things I could tell:

1. He is feeling every bit of what we are and then some. He knows these guys are capable of more and disappointed he didn't see it tonight.

2. He was frustrated with the officiating. At one point he said "yeah...just trying to not say something I shouldn't."

3. He truly believes in this team and believes they're going to come back strong.

I believe in Heupel as a leader. I think this will ultimately help our team refocus and realize how every single week is important. UTSA is another game coming up that could be a trap game too. Hopefully we handle it better than this week.

But we all know Florida is coming and I truly think we will right the ship and come out sharp in the Swamp. Its been 20 years since we have won there, and that streak needs to be broken.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Last week all I heard about were UF’s ineptitudes. I started to have faith and was bitten in the ass yet again. Destroy the Gators or get the hell off the pot.

Reactions: StealthVol
Eh, I fully believe this was more of a fluke game when you take everything into account. Expect to score 40+ in the Swamp and win by 20 next week still.
You don’t know how much I want you to be right, but nothing about the history of this program gives me any confidence. I fully expect to lose by a margin of three to ten points in heartbreaking fashion.

Reactions: Rejo
I'd like to believe that but don't. In fact I didn't see anything to make me feel
like we'll leave Gainesville with a W.

And that's not being negative. Just being honest and realistic.

I think the rain delay hurt us more than anything. You get all that adrenaline pumping and get hyped up for the game and then it all comes crashing down. It’s hard to recover from that. It’s like being hungover in a way.

Quit blaming the refs . So annoying .
I'm usually with you on this but this was a weirdly one sided officiated game. I just think the team that was out there laying it on the line every play started getting the benefit of the doubt on every call at some point. It happens that way sometimes. We better be that team next week.

I thought offensive line play was far more concerning than QB play. They got whipped in the second half especially pass blocking but the rushing yards were a little harder to come by too.
Excellent take, I agree completely.

I think the rain delay hurt us more than anything. You get all that adrenaline pumping and get hyped up for the game and then it all comes crashing down. It’s hard to recover from that. It’s like being hungover in a way.
In a way, I agree. The fans were the same. Very little energy until the second half. I think everyone (including the team) knew we could roll anyone out there and win. Then game time approached, we all got worked up, the Strip was bumping, the weather looked perfect, the band was on the field, ready for pre-game and the T. . . .

And then it wasn't. Back to the locker room, out to the concourses, stand for 30 minutes. . . .

We were literally losing to AP, and nobody (other than my son and I) in our section was up or yelling on 3rd down.

VN Store

Back