Just listened to Heupels post game press conference.

TNHopeful505

Several things I could tell:

1. He is feeling every bit of what we are and then some. He knows these guys are capable of more and disappointed he didn't see it tonight.

2. He was frustrated with the officiating. At one point he said "yeah...just trying to not say something I shouldn't."

3. He truly believes in this team and believes they're going to come back strong.

I believe in Heupel as a leader. I think this will ultimately help our team refocus and realize how every single week is important. UTSA is another game coming up that could be a trap game too. Hopefully we handle it better than this week.

But we all know Florida is coming and I truly think we will right the ship and come out sharp in the Swamp. Its been 20 years since we have won there, and that streak needs to be broken.

After having a couple of hours to cool off and reflect (and bask in the absolute JOY of a Bama loss (at Bryant Denny even)), I am feeling like this was a team that just wasn’t mentally prepared to play. I am sure Heupel warned them against this mindset pre game; but I have the sense that some members of this team still think football excellence is something you can just „turn on“ like a light switch after kickoff. I am hoping this will be a wake-up call. You have to be dialed in and focused going into game day and we clearly were not. Heupel I am sure knows where the problems lie and will take the necessary steps to deal with them.
But yeah, this game does not give me the warm fuzzies going into Florida week.

Eh, I fully believe this was more of a fluke game when you take everything into account. Expect to score 40+ in the Swamp and win by 20 next week still.
It felt like we didn't spend all week on AP (I'm sure we didn't) and so with a simple gameplan the guys thought they could sleepwalk. On top of that, Virginia last week lined up to limit the big pass. AP this week lined up and played a game plan to try and disrupt rhythm and knock us off our game to try and keep from being completely blown out which seemed to work. We won't see a gameplan like theirs the rest of the season.

Look! Tennessee has a history of having Florida on their minds before they play them. For we have seen it fit years and years. I believe they just went through the emotions of this game tonight, and to just get out of there with a win. Next week will be different. We will have our team back.

It felt like we didn't spend all week on AP (I'm sure we didn't) and so with a simple gameplan the guys thought they could sleepwalk. On top of that, Virginia last week lined up to limit the big pass. AP this week lined up and played a game plan to try and disrupt rhythm and knock us off our game to try and keep from being completely blown out which seemed to work. We won't see a gameplan like theirs the rest of the season.
A previous Vol coach did this against Georgia State.

A previous Vol coach did this against Georgia State.
I didn't say the coaches didn't take it seriously. I said I'm sure we didn't spend all of every practice preparing for an FCS school which I doubt most of the top teams do. I could be wrong. I think the earnest was on the players for sleep walking

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
After having a couple of hours to cool off and reflect (and bask in the absolute JOY of a Bama loss (at Bryant Denny even)), I am feeling like this was a team that just wasn’t mentally prepared to play. I am sure Heupel warned them against this mindset pre game; but I have the sense that some members of this team still think football excellence is something you can just „turn on“ like a light switch after kickoff. I am hoping this will be a wake-up call. You have to be dialed in and focused going into game day and we clearly were not. Heupel I am sure knows where the problems lie and will take the necessary steps to deal with them.
But yeah, this game does not give me the warm fuzzies going into Florida week.

Austin Peay played like they had nothing to lose and their head coach will use Austin Peay as a stepping stone into a better job.

We better start playing with a sense of urgency. Joe has to make good throws and the wide receivers have to catch the ball. Our O-line can’t be out there half arse playing either. We better be ready every week from here on out, we have to be a more determined and more focused team. Sloppy play and penalties have to stop tonight! Defense didn’t play terrible but we allowed them to continue to many drives. Offensively we have to play tons better, we cannot afford sloppy play, it’s time to make plays and move the dadgum ball! Clean the crap up this week! Mic slammed to the dadgum ground! Get pissed!

Austin Peay played like they had nothing to lose and their head coach will use Austin Peay as a stepping stone into a better job.
exactly. In the moment I thought his Time out usage was asinine but looking back, as a coach who knew he probably wasn't going to win, he used them to kill our momentum and rhythm. That worked perfectly for him.

exactly. In the moment I thought his Time out usage was asinine but looking back, as a coach who knew he probably wasn't going to win, he used them to kill our momentum and rhythm. That worked perfectly for him.
We left 10 points on the field because of their coach and his tactics. The rest of it was due to us not getting out of our way

Florida also mostly just ran the ball today. If we just run Jalen Wright all game we woulda won with a similar score lol. We’re beating down Florida next week people.
That’s my only play calling question. Why didn’t we run more? Hindsight I know but several drives stalled due to throws that just didn’t work for whatever reason and we kept going right back to it.

Look! Tennessee has a history of having Florida on their minds before they play them. For we have seen it fit years and years. I believe they just went through the emotions of this game tonight, and to just get out of there with a win. Next week will be different. We will have our team back.
They blew out Akron the game before Florida last year.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Several things I could tell:

1. He is feeling every bit of what we are and then some. He knows these guys are capable of more and disappointed he didn't see it tonight.

2. He was frustrated with the officiating. At one point he said "yeah...just trying to not say something I shouldn't."

3. He truly believes in this team and believes they're going to come back strong.

I believe in Heupel as a leader. I think this will ultimately help our team refocus and realize how every single week is important. UTSA is another game coming up that could be a trap game too. Hopefully we handle it better than this week.

But we all know Florida is coming and I truly think we will right the ship and come out sharp in the Swamp. Its been 20 years since we have won there, and that streak needs to be broken.

Milton simply dosen't lose in the State of Florida

VN Store

Back