Just curious - Would you go to Neyland now?

Would you go to Neyland?

• Yes

Votes: 374 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 251 40.2%

• Total voters
I love my wife, grandchildren, and 90 year old mama to much to take a chance. But that’s just me. AND I have discovered during the quarantine I CAN live without sports every day. But man, I look forward to a live sporting event soon...even if it’s the Annual Fox Hunt on horseback.
When is the annual fox hunt coming on? I will set my DVR.

I love my wife, grandchildren, and 90 year old mama to much to take a chance. But that’s just me. AND I have discovered during the quarantine I CAN live without sports every day. But man, I look forward to a live sporting event soon...even if it’s the Annual Fox Hunt on horseback.

Your statement about "family" made me remember my granddad. He was a daredevil in his youth and it held over into adulthood. (I have many stories) Few if any as he grew older and accumulated a family were death defining. The one thing he always wanted to do was fly in an airplane. Never would because of the responsibility he felt for his family and others who relied on him. ( late in his life (75 or so) he went up with his oldest son for a quick turn around our area, as we would say now days, he marked one of if not the last item off his bucket list)

It causes QT prolongation as does Azithromycin. The correlation between QT prolongation and death from arrhythmia has not been quantified. There are risks, but they appear quite small. Z-pak overuse still hasn't red-flagged not using it because of heart risks.
Good Lord!!! What did you just say in plain English??

People have followed the rules pretty much, but we can't stay at home forever and some would love to keep everybody like this all the time and that is sad. We have flattened the curve, at this point some spots need to open and that is a fact. God Bless and GBO!
The problem with this is; what about when someone from one of the "hotspots travels to your "cold spot" and is infected? Me I take this chance.

Knox county has 477,000 people and around 40 active Corona cases. The next county over is Blount with 125,000 and around 6 active cases. Risk assessment is very low in 90%+ in Tennessee.

Not to argue because I think the same as you. However there are many who will say "the restrictions are working!" In my county we have or have had (3-4 weeks ago) 2 known cases. To some degree the restrictions are helping, but being rural has helped more than anything. Now if we can keep sick folks away. But that defeats this thread. O well, I would travel across state to go to a UT game any day( if I could afford it!):D

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Absolutely, yes. There's more to life than just surviving/existing. To me, life is about enjoying it. If I can no longer go through life doing the things I enjoy, what's the point of living? I said this from the very beginning of all this. At SOME point as a collective we are just going to have to suck it up and take our chances. What's the alternative? Live as hermits the rest of our lives? No thank you! That's not living. That's merely existing. I'm all too happy to roll the dice as soon as things open back up. As soon as movie theaters open back up, I'll be there opening night! As soon as concert tours start up again, you can bet I will find one to go to. As soon as parks open back up, I'm going to enjoy a warm sunny day at one! And you can bet your ass that I will be at Neyland the first game where fans are permitted to attend!

Although you have some interesting points, it can't be at the risk or harm of others. The "collective" might not share your definition of living............jmo. I would never want to be that person who caused harm to my wife, mother, children or grandson........how would living feel if that were to happen?

It causes QT prolongation as does Azithromycin. The correlation between QT prolongation and death from arrhythmia has not been quantified. There are risks, but they appear quite small. Z-pak overuse still hasn't red-flagged not using it because of heart risks.

Good Lord!!! What did you just say in plain English??

I work in Accounting at a health care facility and get this all the time when, and it is usually the younger clinical people, trying to impress with clinical jargon. (QT Prolongation is basically a heart out of rhythm issue). I usually counter their remarks with accounting words like: Accruals, reversals, prepaid accounts, variable expenses, cash flow, equity ratio - the look on their face is usually priceless.
Note to OP - you may know your stuff (and I am absolutely sure you do and totally respect people in clinical areas) but until you can share that knowledge in a way that non-clinical people can understand, you have a little ways to go before you are a great care giver. You will get there - free advice from old healthcare accountant :)

I work in Accounting at a health care facility and get this all the time when, and it is usually the younger clinical people, trying to impress with clinical jargon. (QT Prolongation is basically a heart out of rhythm issue). I usually counter their remarks with accounting words like: Accruals, reversals, prepaid accounts, variable expenses, cash flow, equity ratio - the look on their face is usually priceless.
Note to OP - you may know your stuff (and I am absolutely sure you do and totally respect people in clinical areas) but until you can share that knowledge in a way that non-clinical people can understand, you have a little ways to go before you are a great care giver. You will get there - free advice from old healthcare accountant :)
Good "bottom line" statement. Just make it balance!!!

Ok, I think it is time for Nike or Addidas to invent an Exoskeletal Uniform (ex: Black Panther) for Football players, we've waited long enough. In addition, this uniform should accelerate athletic abilities, we should have RBs and WRs sprinting at lease 20-30mph <3 seconds. What is up with the QB Helmet?...........No HUD! what's the deal with that? This is something that might be over the top, but I think some type of device for the HCs to somehow interact with the opposing coach...... Drone with electroshock devices........just enough to irritate the HC's focus....but this might asking too much.

Bottom line the mortality rate is very low and truthfully probably a lot lower than they are indicating still. Things could be monitored without shutting them down. Folks are gonna get irritated when we are all over each other with nothing major happening in our everyday lives but we can't go anywhere to assemble, which at some point has to be opened up because it is a basic right. Assembly cannot and will not be closed forever, people are already assembling. Let these liberals keep trying to tighten down screws further and you will see more assembly. We have done what we were told, but don't keep moving the goal post further down the road because at some point Americans aren't going to put up with it. We want to be safe, but some of these folks are on a ego power trip. Americans will never give up their rights, places like Virginia and Michigan need to heed the warning. God Bless and GBO!

I work in Accounting at a health care facility and get this all the time when, and it is usually the younger clinical people, trying to impress with clinical jargon. (QT Prolongation is basically a heart out of rhythm issue). I usually counter their remarks with accounting words like Accruals, reversals, prepaid accounts, variable expenses, cash flow, equity ratio - the look on their face is usually priceless.
Note to OP - you may know your stuff (and I am absolutely sure you do and totally respect people in clinical areas) but until you can share that knowledge in a way that non-clinical people can understand, you have a little ways to go before you are a great caregiver. You will get there - free advice from old healthcare accountant :)

I work in Materials Management (42 years).............great advice. I have a daughter (MD) and sometimes I have to get her to talk plain English, I understand they want to impress, but it gets a little much........bless their hearts :)

The Question should be "Would you be willing to wear a CDC approved mask in order to attend a UT Football Game?" Right now, that is the only way we could protect ourselves and others. If everyone would wear masks when going out among people; we could have No New Cases in short order. 30 days and it's over; providing you keep people from coming in our Country; until it is absolutely safe. And continue testing until everyone is tested; Treating the positives with the proper drugs to prevent full blown infection. "Side effects" have been proven very low, and subside when therapy is over. (7-10 Days) NOBODY has died from Hydroxy ; the one case the MEDIA Lied about was an Idiot drinking Fish Tank Cleaner, which was not a "Drug" as they reported; (like it was a prescribed dosage of a Pharma Drug!! ) But some people here still put all their trust in the MSM. How can you, after just that one absolute Lie (of many). To know the truth but deny it because you don't like it suggests serious character issues.

Reactions: a vol n tears
I was in Vietnam in 1968 and 1969 serving in the Army, and they gave us something similar to hydroxycloroquine to PREVENT malaria. We took it weekly. The first few times it's taken it gives you the drizzles, but your body becomes immune to it. If it's working for a LOT of patients, then someone explain to me the logic that the media is saying that Trump is giving "false hope"? Why not give it to ALL patients unless they have some sort of a condition where the drug might cause them to have adverse reactions? P.S. I KNOW . . . . the answer.

The Question should be "Would you be willing to wear a CDC approved mask in order to attend a UT Football Game?" Right now, that is the only way we could protect ourselves and others. If everyone would wear masks when going out among people; we could have No New Cases in short order. 30 days and it's over; providing you keep people from coming in our Country; until it is absolutely safe. And continue testing until everyone is tested; Treating the positives with the proper drugs to prevent full blown infection. "Side effects" have been proven very low, and subside when therapy is over. (7-10 Days) NOBODY has died from Hydroxy ; the one case the MEDIA Lied about was an Idiot drinking Fish Tank Cleaner, which was not a "Drug" as they reported; (like it was a prescribed dosage of a Pharma Drug!! ) But some people here still put all their trust in the MSM. How can you, after just that one absolute Lie (of many). To know the truth but deny it because you don't like it suggests serious character issues.

You are absolutely clueless. Talk about drinking the koolaid. It's always better to stay in your lane than expose your ignorance.

How many times have you been in the stadium where there are other contagious diseases? Probably every game that's ever been played there. Not downplaying the seriousness of what happens to people that have some sort of compromised immune systems, obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease. By all means if this thing scares you, use your intellect and take precautions. There are many people that have already had this and showed minor symptoms if any at all. I think I'm one of those - I had a dry hack for 3 days back in early March. I'm anxious to get the antibody test and get on with life.

VN Store

Back