Just curious - Would you go to Neyland now?

Would you go to Neyland?

• Yes

Votes: 374 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 251 40.2%

• Total voters
I love my wife, grandchildren, and 90 year old mama to much to take a chance. But that’s just me. AND I have discovered during the quarantine I CAN live without sports every day. But man, I look forward to a live sporting event soon...even if it’s the Annual Fox Hunt on horseback.

A lot of Older guys like myself are not going to chance it. I'm not sure I'd even go to a high school game now.

Sure, if I was a healthy 20 or 30 year old. But not 50 and up. IMO

I love my wife, grandchildren, and 90 year old mama to much to take a chance. But that’s just me. AND I have discovered during the quarantine I CAN live without sports every day. But man, I look forward to a live sporting event soon...even if it’s the Annual Fox Hunt on horseback.
I watched a Corn Hole competition on television the other day. I’m desperate.😁

Absolutely. Maybe it'll keep the old people yelling at everyone to sit down out.

I would go to Neyland now and almost certainly in September without reservation. I have went to the grocery store and gas stations and folks walk right by and up on you without a care in the world. I would much rather be outside watching the Vols play in Neyland than trying to run in and out of the grocery store every week or 2 and the gas stations when I am at work. I will spend many more days running that risk than 1 Saturday afternoon watching a outdoor football game. Heck yes, and for sure YES if things are even better by then which they more than likely will be. GBO!

In a percentage yes. That’s the risk.
It causes QT prolongation as does Azithromycin. The correlation between QT prolongation and death from arrhythmia has not been quantified. There are risks, but they appear quite small. Z-pak overuse still hasn't red-flagged not using it because of heart risks.

Reactions: Bret178
So it has side affects but we still prescribe it for these other uses, right? I’m just an idiot on the TN forum so don’t take me as trying to sound like an expert, but most medications have side affects, right? Even serious ones? If this works and can be prescribed by a Dr. it seems to me that we should use it rather than wait for a vaccine.
Yes, in my opinion, I would use it as a treatment. Every drug has potential for serious life-threatening side effects, but those are rare. Risks are inherent in everything we do, but the relative risk of hydroxychloroquine causing death from arrhythmic episodes is very low. But, it can happen, and each person has to decide that for themselves.

The biggest problem I am seeing is that.even with teenagers and most.in their 20's and thru say 40's should recover fairly well,the damage it does to the interstitial lining of your lung can set.you up for debilitating lung problems( copd,asthma,pneumonia)throughout the rest of your life.Look at people with black lung,and asbestos lung disease.This is the biggest unknown right now.But,at 72,and a orange- blooded.vol,I'm there.

This is the reason why it’s going to be a while before this is over... people can’t follow the rules
People have followed the rules pretty much, but we can't stay at home forever and some would love to keep everybody like this all the time and that is sad. We have flattened the curve, at this point some spots need to open and that is a fact. God Bless and GBO!

Younger folk will go, some will get it and die. The money won't go which is the older fans. Regardless, all young people have parents and grandparents who are at risk bc of age. It wont matter in the end, bc they wont sell tickets to fans. It will be empty if they even play it. Other than professional sport teams that have the money and say so over players to mandate quarantines and isolation, the NCAA will not be able to force college kids to play.

Absolutely, yes. There's more to life than just surviving/existing. To me, life is about enjoying it. If I can no longer go through life doing the things I enjoy, what's the point of living? I said this from the very beginning of all this. At SOME point as a collective we are just going to have to suck it up and take our chances. What's the alternative? Live as hermits the rest of our lives? No thank you! That's not living. That's merely existing. I'm all too happy to roll the dice as soon as things open back up. As soon as movie theaters open back up, I'll be there opening night! As soon as concert tours start up again, you can bet I will find one to go to. As soon as parks open back up, I'm going to enjoy a warm sunny day at one! And you can bet your ass that I will be at Neyland the first game where fans are permitted to attend!

How many of you would go sit in Neyland right now with 102k other people and watch the Vols today if given the option?
Knox county has 477,000 people and around 40 active Corona cases. The next county over is Blount with 125,000 and around 6 active cases. Risk assessment is very low in 90%+ in Tennessee.

VN Store

Back