Just a reminder we won 56 to 0

Dude. It’s an indication of the team Pitt really is. It means something. Ignore it if you wish, and revel in beating an absolutely atrocious team, but I see it as a warning sign of just how bad Florida, uga, Bama, etc are gonna be. And how hard it’s will be to beat UK, Missouri, etc

that loss has already happened

Tennessee cannot control what Pitt does or does not do from here on out.

how does Pitt losing today affect Tennessee now?

Dude. It’s an indication of the team Pitt really is. It means something. Ignore it if you wish, and revel in beating an absolutely atrocious team, but I see it as a warning sign of just how bad Florida, uga, Bama, etc are gonna be. And how hard it’s will be to beat UK, Missouri, etc
Game should've been put away early but wasn't Also didn't help those ACC refs called a pretty lopsided game, not excusing our bad play but Pitt got the benefit from the whistle.
TN goal for the year is to be competitive and look the same so that we can get better players to want to come here.
The team atmosphere looks a lot better than previously and the guys aren't giving up and playing hard. I think we may be trending up but we need more depth

Reactions: GTBATV and UTwild82
that loss has already happened

Tennessee cannot control what Pitt does or does not do from here on out.

how does Pitt losing today affect Tennessee now?

Pretty sure it's telling those that were trying to pump Pitt after the loss that Pitt wasn't really that good.

Which will not hurt our confidence one bit for next week. Whereas, Florida will have a sick look on their face after having been kicked in the privates over and over by Bama.

Lol, whatever UF did today would be spun. They win, then good for us since they'll be overconfident. They lose, good for us since they'll be down.

The point he is making is that we are not a good team. We are playing this season to try and improve. We aren't playing for an SEC title, or anything like that at this point. What happened to Pitt has no bearing on what happens to us the rest of the season. We managed to lose to Georgia State two years ago and still beat a top 15 Kentucky team and 4 other SEC teams. The Pitt result is meaningless unless by some absolute miracle from God we are 12-1 this season and in a battle for 4th/5th in the playoff race.

What's the idea here innovate or play the hand you got and take what's given? I know if "if's and but's" were candies and nuts it'd be Christmas every day but I can't help but think just a handful of overthrown passes connecting and people here would be talking a lot differently than they are now.

OK

But again I’ll ask the same question

How does that affect “Tennessee” now?

This feels like one of those "arguing for argument's sake" type discussions. It technically doesn't....but by that logic UK struggling to beat UTC means nothing either.

71 scholarship Volunteers. This team is undermanned but fighting. There is a ton of teaching to be done. I will give Heupel some time.

I was hoping a week of practice as the starter would help with Hooker's turnover propensity and it didn't, at least this week. Bailey only got a few pass attempts but if that was indicative of his practice then I see why he wasn't starting. Milton is who he is, despite his faults I can understand why he was starting. It appears we don't have an SEC QB on the roster.

The mess that Heupel has inherited is gonna take quite some time to fix, if he can fix it at all. Sobering stuff, but we can celebrate the wins as they come.

Big win. Some stuff that can be corrected for sure, but we won by 56 points. We found our QB.

Kentucky almost lost to UTC. Smile. Have a drink. Take a deep breath. It's gonna be OK.

This offense will allow us to hang with most people besides the big boys. While I’m not hopeful given the inconsistency at QB, i think we have a chance to hang with UK, USC, Mizzou, and Ole Miss.

Hang around and find out is what I think the theme of this year will be.

Way I see it we need to flip 2 of UK, USC, Ole Miss, and Mizzou to go bowling. The loss to Pitt really sucked as we would then need to flip 1 of those 4.

Reactions: UTwild82
71 scholarship Volunteers. This team is undermanned but fighting. There is a ton of teaching to be done. I will give Heupel some time.

I was hoping a week of practice as the starter would help with Hooker's turnover propensity and it didn't, at least this week. Bailey only got a few pass attempts but if that was indicative of his practice then I see why he wasn't starting. Milton is who he is, despite his faults I can understand why he was starting. It appears we don't have an SEC QB on the roster.

The mess that Heupel has inherited is gonna take quite some time to fix, if he can fix it at all. Sobering stuff, but we can celebrate the wins as they come.
Possibly the best, most informative post I've seen on VN today.

This feels like one of those "arguing for argument's sake" type discussions. It technically doesn't....but by that logic UK struggling to beat UTC means nothing either.

UK struggling “might” not mean anything.

However the Tennessee/Pitt game is over.

It’s fairly easy to concede Pitt is probably a decent bit better than UTC (probably not a certainty).

Thus one can “hope” Tennessee and Kentucky might be closer than some expected……could be a win…..might not be.

As far as the Pitt game (in relation) we already know where Tennessee stands…….their not that good. Hopefully they’ll continue to improve.

We don’t know if Kentucky will be good……but with the lackluster game we can have “more” hope their not as good as some thought.

although that doesn’t mean much…..but hey…..I’ll take some “hope” after last season.

UK struggling very likely means little or nothing for our game in the future with them. Michigan lost to Appy State in 2007 and beat Notre Dame 38-0 and a top 10 Penn State team later than month and a top 10 Florida team in a bowl game that year. We lost to Georgia State and won 5 SEC games including vs the best UK team since the 1970s. Bad games happen to every program at some point or another.

VN Store

Back