Just a reminder we won 56 to 0

Big win. Some stuff that can be corrected for sure, but we won by 56 points. We found our QB.

Kentucky almost lost to UTC. Smile. Have a drink. Take a deep breath. It's gonna be OK.

LongEmptyDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

While we are stating the obvious, just a reminder we were playing Tennessee Tech!

Seriously we did what we were supposed to do. Everyone should move on. Happy people are going to be happy and irritated people are going to be irritated. This game will not change that.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Nobody cares what Pitt did today. We could have won that game on a handful of plays going the other way but we lost. It sucks but at least the team didn't look dazed and confused for most of the game or quit like they did on Pruitt. We pitched a shut out today like we should have. Lots of guys got some playing time. We'll probably lose 5 or 6 games but I don't think we get blown out like always before. We're gonna score a lot of points. Longer term we get a full roster in here and stop the attrition we'll be fine. Near term maybe Hooker can settle in and get a rhythm. He seems to be the man now.

While we are stating the obvious, just a reminder we were playing Tennessee Tech!

Seriously we did what we were supposed to do. Everyone should move on. Happy people are going to be happy and irritated people are going to be irritated. This game will not change that.
Yep, tenn. tech couldn’t beat a team consisting of Mary vile and Alcoa starters. We have a long way to go.

Reactions: spyfish007

over the past 4 or 5 years we would have won this game 24-17

Yeah but we lost big today with Pittsburgh losing to Western Michigan 44-41. That made Tennessee's loss to Pittsburgh look REALLY BAD.

I can assure you Tennessee isn’t going to be trying to squeak into the playoffs at the end of the season.

that loss looks and will look no different…….their not applying to the rankings committee…….. the t doesn’t matter.

Tennessee made a ton of mistakes, played with backups, and still had a chance to try and win near the end……and came up a foot short.

Win, compete, grow, get better…….that actually matters.

Tennessee actually did what they were supposed to do……if your a fan…..why not be happy?

And a reminder to all who shoved the fools gold Pruitt winstreak down everyone’s throat who had serious concerns about our team and the quality of the wins.

This was Tennessee Tech.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Pitt getting blown out isn’t a good sign. Our OL is atrocious. Our offense is anemic. We are not making any big plays.

Heupel walked into a Slingblade McGump and Phil Paycheck dumpster fire. Buckle up for a rough SEC stretch.

I can assure you Tennessee isn’t going to be trying to squeak into the playoffs at the end of the season.

that loss looks and will look no different…….their not applying to the rankings committee…….. the t doesn’t matter.

Tennessee made a ton of mistakes, played with backups, and still had a chance to try and win near the end……and came up a foot short.

Win, compete, grow, get better…….that actually matters.

Tennessee actually did what they were supposed to do……if your a fan…..why not be happy?

True but that game was critical to making a bowl game. I feel like we are a 5-7 team now.

Reactions: barryrules99
And a reminder to all who shoved the fools gold Pruitt winstreak down everyone’s throat who had serious concerns about our team and the quality of the wins.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Pitt getting blown out isn’t a good sign. Our OL is atrocious. Our offense is anemic. We are not making any big plays.

Heupel walked into a Slingblade McGump and Phil Paycheck dumpster fire. Buckle up for a rough SEC stretch.
Blown out? 44-41. Pickett threw for 6td's. Sigh!!!

True but that game was critical to making a bowl game. I feel like we are a 5-7 team now.

Maybe……but them losing today does nothing to or for Tennessee.

It would have back in the day…..when your trying to get in the top 10 or so…….not today.

Maybe……but them losing today does nothing to or for Tennessee.

It would have back in the day…..when your trying to get in the top 10 or so…….not today.

Dude. It’s an indication of the team Pitt really is. It means something. Ignore it if you wish, and revel in beating an absolutely atrocious team, but I see it as a warning sign of just how bad Florida, uga, Bama, etc are gonna be. And how hard it’s will be to beat UK, Missouri, etc

Interesting game today. Easy win, D looked nice and made good INTs. Offense looked ok, missed a couple of big throws, but did better on the little things. Hooker does remind me of Dobbs, that play near the goal line where Evans got stuffed and he saw it in the last second and took it instead and ran for the TD should be the play of the game. I know it wasn’t a long pass and wasn’t some crazy play, but just seeing it and taking it on his own instead gave me hope.

Reactions: Remy
I always enjoy and celebrate every win, that being said ... in the games that really matter with real competition, it’s quite possible that the shoe will be on the other foot and it’s going to be 56-0 the other way.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

But you don’t know how the schedule will pan out. Did it hurt our chances of going bowling? Sure did, but it’s football. That’s why you play the game. The way you put it, we shouldn’t play another snap. Our record should just be 5-7.

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back