Juneteenth

I can only offer perspective from my circles and things I witness in my daily life. Personally, it seems like there is less racial animus now compared to when I was growing up.

Yeah, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, so to clarify, I don't think people are more racist today. What I think is happening is race is just a more charged issue than it has been, politically.

In our personal dealings, I believe we are racially friendlier than ever. I see evidence for that and to the contrary (try playing Call of Duty with random strangers), and I choose to lean towards things being better.

Yeah, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, so to clarify, I don't think people are more racist today. What I think is happening is race is just a more charged issue than it has been, politically.

In our personal dealings, I believe we are racially friendlier than ever. I see evidence for that and to the contrary (try playing Call of Duty with random strangers), and I choose to lean towards things being better.
Social media has made it seem worse

Reactions: 508mikey
@Gandalf made it a matter of partisan politics, with the first sentence ^^^^ of his post. Is anyone supposed to read that, and not immediately think of Donald Trump?

You clearly have TDS. This has nothing to do with Trump (who is no longer even in office). It is fairly partisan tho, since the idiots leading the charge are all dems. Do you know any progressive Republicans? I am happy to toss them in there as well.

Reactions: AM64
You know where Texas City is? And Baytown? And La Porte? Hwy 146 runs from TC through Seabrook, Kemah, then LaPorte on the way to Baytown and the big ExxonMobil refinery and chem plant.

No sir. I covered NW Houston and that was enough for me..I-10 to I-45 iirc. A Sugarland trip might of been the extent of anywhere close. A huge metro. Never even went to Galveston...

Both political parties engage in various forms of identity politics. Donald Trump has been prolific at it ... and for the most part, his supporters view that as either "fighting back" or "owning the libs."

Is Trump’s Use Of Identity Politics An Effective Strategy?

How identity politics elected Donald Trump

If “Identity Politics” Elected Trump in 2016, What Will Happen in 2020?

Understanding Identity Politics in Trump Country | The Takeaway | WNYC Studios

Libs have nothing to do with race - it is perfectly acceptable to label people based upon what they BELIEVE and HOW THEY THINK because THAT is WHO THEY ARE and what they have chosen to be. Labeling them because they are a woman, a certain skin color or anything they were born with tells me nothing about what the person actually believes.

And long before Trump came on the scene, people were making fun of libtards. Now even liberals dont want to be called that, whereas conservatives are proud to name as such.

Libs have nothing to do with race - it is perfectly acceptable to label people based upon what they BELIEVE and HOW THEY THINK because THAT is WHO THEY ARE and what they have chosen to be. Labeling them because they are a woman, a certain skin color or anything they were born with tells me nothing about what the person actually believes.

And long before Trump came on the scene, people were making fun of libtards. Now even liberals dont want to be called that, whereas conservatives are proud to name as such.
It is not perfectly acceptable to make broad-based assumptions about people because of their race, or ethnic heritage. That is precisely what Donald Trump does all the time.

The most glaring example of that, would be Trump's 2016 attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who presided over the Trump University fraud case. Just because Judge Curiel is of Mexican heritage (although, he was born and raised in east St. Louis), Trump described him as a Mexican, who could not be impartial in the case against him, because Trump was "building a wall."

That is a classic case of identity politics for you. Donald Trump assumed Gonzalo Curiel would be biased against him, based on his ethnicity... rather than Judge Curiel's track record as a judge.

Please see the links below :

Trump and the Truth: The “Mexican” Judge

Trump Presses Case That 'Mexican' Judge Curiel Is Biased Against Him

It is not perfectly acceptable to make broad-based assumptions about people because of their race, or ethnic heritage. That is precisely what Donald Trump does all the time.

The most glaring example of that, would be Trump's 2016 attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who presided over the Trump University fraud case. Just because Judge Curiel is of Mexican heritage (although, he was born and raised in east St. Louis), Trump described him as a Mexican, who could not be impartial in the case against him, because Trump was "building a wall."

That is a classic case of identity politics for you. Donald Trump assumed Gonzalo Curiel would be biased against him, based on his ethnicity... rather than Judge Curiel's track record as a judge.

Please see the links below :

Trump and the Truth: The “Mexican” Judge

Trump Presses Case That 'Mexican' Judge Curiel Is Biased Against Him

Clearly Trump is like Racism for most libs. It doesnt matter what the conversation, they have to find some way to weave his name into it.

Reading is essential - perhaps if you bother to read my missive you will discover that Trump is not mentioned anywhere here. Trying to make things about Trump when they are not, trying to make everything about racism, when they dont actually have a clue of what that means - that is the progressive way.

Clearly Trump is like Racism for most libs. It doesnt matter what the conversation, they have to find some way to weave his name into it.

Reading is essential - perhaps if you bother to read my missive you will discover that Trump is not mentioned anywhere here. Trying to make things about Trump when they are not, trying to make everything about racism, when they dont actually have a clue of what that means - that is the progressive way.

I have never seen someone who has had their eggs scrambled by a former politician as much as BowlBrother. It’s insane. Very likely unhealthy.

Your posts heavily imply that the use of identity politics is exclusive to one party, and that is ridiculous. In that sense, your posts have EVERYTHING to do with Donald Trump, because he engages in identity politics as much as anyone.

VN Store

Back