Juneteenth

Like I said before .... it's only an "obsession" when it's the other side doing it. This place has zero sense of self-awareness. "What-about-Obama" was a constant refrain from 2017-2020. Pathetic.

Obama spent 8 years blaming Bush for everything. Pathetic. I am sure you criticized him for doing that right? Seems you have a difficult time not mentioning Trump in many of your posts even if he has nothing to do with the conversation. Pretty pathetic.

Obama spent 8 years blaming Bush for everything. Pathetic. I am sure you criticized him for doing that right? Seems you have a difficult time not mentioning Trump in many of your posts even if he has nothing to do with the conversation. Pretty pathetic.
And the strangest part of it all is that democrats love Bush now.

Bowlbrother Is a marxist, so you can't blame the poor guy

Reactions: Carl Pickens

You're pathetic. Bush did screw everything up. Never ending war of choice in Iraq, took a balanced budget and by the end of his Presidency had trillion dollar budget deficit and ran the economy into the worst recession since the Great Depression.

The grass roots holiday carries importance in the black community. It was a community acknowledgment that the last of the slaves were told they were free.

For decades, black people have celebrated Juneteenth is small numbers. When I say small numbers, I mean even within the black community. Many black people did not celebrate and many did not even know about it. Each generation celebrated it less as we got further from the civil rights era. Typical when you think about it.

A staple was local merchandising and cookouts. It's possible in areas closer to Galveston they did community marches.

I worry it is more of a commercialized, political holiday for new chances for racial divides as much as anything. Two years ago it was made into another flashpoint after the death of repeat criminal George Floyd to help in political and racial division to excuse rioting and help elect Biden amid chaos.

Now you see white elite neo-liberals using it as a virtue signaling pulpit. In the next few years you can see them trying to lecture all of us on the importance of the holiday that they knew nothing about through 2019.

The truth is even the holiday doesn't bring black people together in a civil common cause because there is a problem within the community that leads to rampant crime against each other and those folks don't care what holiday it is. The police can't be accused. A political party can't be accused. This needs to cleaned up but it won't because the optics of the effort won't get votes and it would be an admission there are problems other than the superficial reasons. Just look at the calm reaction of Mayor Bowser in DC after weekend of violence and death erupted during the Juneteenth celebration. Compare that to her triggered reaction to George Floyd that did not even happen in her city and the painting of marxist blm logos. Heck look at the multiple cities this weekend that had problems during their marches/parades. You begin to have the picture painted.

The best years of Juneteenth might be the ones looked back on where it was grass roots instead of photo ops for knucklehead politicals for years to come and a proud day for virtue signalers to feel good about themselves.

I like that it's a national holiday, but everytime we do this we fill the calendar up with holidays that waters down importance, ie see what has happened since Black History Month. When everything is a holiday then nothing is a holiday idea.
Excellent post. Thank you

The grass roots holiday carries importance in the black community. It was a community acknowledgment that the last of the slaves were told they were free.

For decades, black people have celebrated Juneteenth is small numbers. When I say small numbers, I mean even within the black community. Many black people did not celebrate and many did not even know about it. Each generation celebrated it less as we got further from the civil rights era. Typical when you think about it.

A staple was local merchandising and cookouts. It's possible in areas closer to Galveston they did community marches.

I worry it is more of a commercialized, political holiday for new chances for racial divides as much as anything. Two years ago it was made into another flashpoint after the death of repeat criminal George Floyd to help in political and racial division to excuse rioting and help elect Biden amid chaos.

Now you see white elite neo-liberals using it as a virtue signaling pulpit. In the next few years you can see them trying to lecture all of us on the importance of the holiday that they knew nothing about through 2019.

The truth is even the holiday doesn't bring black people together in a civil common cause because there is a problem within the community that leads to rampant crime against each other and those folks don't care what holiday it is. The police can't be accused. A political party can't be accused. This needs to cleaned up but it won't because the optics of the effort won't get votes and it would be an admission there are problems other than the superficial reasons. Just look at the calm reaction of Mayor Bowser in DC after weekend of violence and death erupted during the Juneteenth celebration. Compare that to her triggered reaction to George Floyd that did not even happen in her city and the painting of marxist blm logos. Heck look at the multiple cities this weekend that had problems during their marches/parades. You begin to have the picture painted.

The best years of Juneteenth might be the ones looked back on where it was grass roots instead of photo ops for knucklehead politicals for years to come and a proud day for virtue signalers to feel good about themselves.

I like that it's a national holiday, but everytime we do this we fill the calendar up with holidays that waters down importance, ie see what has happened since Black History Month. When everything is a holiday then nothing is a holiday idea.
It was big in Texas for a long time. Prior to moving to Texas I had never heard of it.

Reactions: BreatheUT
You're pathetic. Bush did screw everything up. Never ending war of choice in Iraq, took a balanced budget and by the end of his Presidency had trillion dollar budget deficit and ran the economy into the worst recession since the Great Depression.
You need to research the reasons the economy tanked in 2008 bro…. Seriously.

@Gandalf made it a matter of partisan politics, with the first sentence ^^^^ of his post. Is anyone supposed to read that, and not immediately think of Donald Trump?
Your obsession is hilarious. The bold part is your answer to everything because you can’t let Trump go.

The sky is blue. (You: See bold)
Dems are racist. (You: See bold)
I ate eggs and biscuits for breakfast. (You: See bold)
It’s Tuesday. (You: See bold)
And on and on and on. It doesn’t matter the topic, you always think of your man crush.

Excellent post. "The best years of Juneteenth might be the ones looked back on where it was grass roots instead of photo ops for knucklehead politicals for years to come and a proud day for virtue signalers to feel good about themselves." Wrapped it up with bow with that line.

I can only offer perspective from my circles and things I witness in my daily life. Personally, it seems like there is less racial animus now compared to when I was growing up.
There’s much more general acceptance these days. That applies to about any scenario you dream up. I see it with my autistic son. When I grew up, special ed kids were pariahs and often bullied. Now they’re integrated more than ever and the gen ed kids are great with them! That’s one example but people are more accepting than ever when it comes to being gay. Coming out was not accepted in general society for a long time. Now it is and it seems to almost raise social status in some circles. It stands to reason that society is also generally accepting of varying ethnicities as well. Of course racists still exist but that’s a 2-way street. Politicians don’t want to end the division of course and neither does MSM.

Looking back would have been nice for Clinton to take out Bin Laden when he had the chances. His death or capture would have avoided drastic changes of the world post 9/11.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Are you saying nobody is still bring up Clinton murder theories?

Go back and look at the post you responded to. Then ask yourself:

- is the word “nobody” in the post I responded to?
- did the post I responded to report a level of activity on the word “Killary”?
- am I just looking for someone to argue with?

Go back and look at the post you responded to. Then ask yourself:

- is the word “nobody” in the post I responded to?
- did the post I responded to report a level of activity on the word “Killary”?
- am I just looking for someone to argue with?

Ask yourself, does every kook who thinks the Clinton's are murdering people use the term "killary" or could they say other things that don't turn up in a search for "killary?"

75% of black babies born today in America are born to SINGLE MOTHERS. NO, I did not make up that stat. Hello??????

But why are you harping on this in a thread about Juneteenth and the liberation of black slaves? What is the point? Gotta get your barbs in? Why?

Ask yourself, does every kook who thinks the Clinton's are murdering people use the term "killary" or could they say other things that don't turn up in a search for "killary?"

I already thought of this.

You can search the term “Hillary” in this forum from any poster and find the first ten pages go back to April.

Or you can search the term Trump in this forum from just BowlBrother and find the first 10 pages go back to May.

Take from it what you will. If you don’t agree with my conclusion that is OK. If you want to prosecute the Killary claim, take it up with the specific poster.

VN Store

Back