'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

I like it. High upside take if staff can tap into it. They took Barely used Tre Nixon at Auburn and made him a NFL draft pick at UCF.

We need a lot of WRs with this tempo. Now you have Velus, Hyatt, Payton, Callaway, Tillman that you can probably count on to be the core group.

Wideman likely out the door.

Who knows with Keyton he flashed alot of potential as a freshman but not sure what his deal was this year.

Holiday is an high upside unknown since he had the no contact spring. I have wondered if we might look at him as a possible corner if he didn’t find his way in WR rotation.

Merrill is a guy staff loves but his knee injury probably makes it hard for them to risk counting on a lot early in season.

Coby flashed in spring but it’s the spring.

More I type more I realize why staff took a WR

Miss St 247 writer said Payton was their best return cover guy and also had some good returns. I’m sure with our numbers special teams is probably hurting. The staff probably is also looking at this part of his game and how it can help. We need every advantage we can get with the defense expecting to have its fair share of struggles. This staff appears to be doing what the kids asked for and that is try to win now not just 2-3 yrs down road. Win now and the rest falls in place

VN Store

Back