'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

Good pick up, like the upside in this offense . Can’t wait to see how everything is out together by the fall and see who is playing where and who is starting officially.

Ehh not very impressed, solid 3rd or 4th WR I guess. Only l year of eligibility left, would rather have used this spot for a position of greater need.

Ehh not very impressed, solid 3rd or 4th WR I guess. Only l year of eligibility left, would rather have used this spot for a position of greater need.
I mean, it’s better than not using it at all, isn’t it? Look at the bright side geez
I got a new car for my 16th birthday, but I really wanted a Lamborghini.. 😩. - you

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Apparently it was a position of need.

Consider how unproven the WR room is (basically everyone but Hyatt and Velus, to a degree). And guys like Wideman or Keyton that may have been expected to show up are basically mia. A walk-on led the Spring game in receiving yards. You have Hyatt, VJJ, and ? Tillman? Calloway, Holiday, and the freshmen are unknowns.

This is not a 3rd or 4th option. We have lots of talent and potential in the WR room, but very little experience. This brings another burner, with a decent amount of experience (particularly in a spread). It will allow time for the younger players to further develop. the only youngsters ready to play right now are Hyatt and Calloway.

VN Store

Back