‘23 JUCO DL Derick Hunter

Sounds like we need a Hallmark Card employee on the staff, send this kid a valentines day card with WE LOVE YOU written on it.

Silent? Ga site reported it was a false report. Either way he'll make a final decision on NSD.

Agree, he had an edit done (it’s in the link on previous post) where it shows he committed. The edit wasn’t supposed to be released and they ran with it.

He said he wants to wait to go public but admitted he might not wait after his Ga visit (March 20). He said his dad has given his blessing to go ahead and go public if he wants to.

i guess somewhere along the way he decommitted from uga, and then today committed to fsu, and then pulled a ben smiley and immediately took it back. bizarre.

So, recruited as a DL out of HS.

Committed to UGA? (according to this thread), then FSU, but flipped to A&M on signing day.

Y3 he switches to OL.

Transfer to juco, once again a DL.

Reactions: Orange. and KptVFL
With the portal, I'd prefer not to mess with JUCO kids anymore. At least with the portal you got kids who've shown the ability to function in a D1 program and the scholastics that goes with it. I know some will make it and be successful and kids in the portal are.there for a reason. Still, I like my chances with those guys better than JUCO.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
With the portal, I'd prefer not to mess with JUCO kids anymore. At least with the portal you got kids who've shown the ability to function in a D1 program and the scholastics that goes with it. I know some will make it and be successful and kids in the portal are.there for a reason. Still, I like my chances with those guys better than JUCO.

This kid was at A&M for 2.5 years so I’d say he can fxn scholastically at this level. Always the possibility he left bc of grades but it seems more he was moved to OL and buried on the depth chart.

No idea if he’s any good tho

Reactions: Vol8188
Getting them in is the battle. Once they’re in you just have to keep them in class.

Not always though, sometimes they are in the portal because they have struggled with some of the things you mentioned. I would never shut the door totally on any venue on way to college. Just like not all Junior college players are takes not all portal players are either. GBO!

I think this is a talent that got recruited over because Fisher upped his 5 star game. If he had signed elsewhere, he'd be a portal priority. JMO.

VN Store

Back