‘23 JUCO DL Derick Hunter

It’s like they said: “what’s the absolute worse graphic we can put out there” and some guy...

“Say no more, fam. Two words. Turtle. Doves.”

Reactions: 3 people
It’s like they said: “what’s the absolute worse graphic we can put out there” and some guy...

“Say no more, fam. Two words. Turtle. Doves.”

Picture this...(insert lame idea)

yZgWj6.gif

Guys its a play on the recent Migos album Culture 2

[twitter]https://twitter.com/hunterderick31/status/959872565241155585[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/hunterderick31/status/959910569984843777[/twitter]

Hunter just picked up an offer from Tennessee on Jan. 5. He attends the same school that produced Tennessee linebacker Shanon Reid and former Vols commitment Shocky Jacques-Louis, who ended up signing with Pittsburgh.

- Callahan

He’s either fishing for volnation attention or he’s really a fan of the program.

[twitter]961653632436457472[/twitter]

Reactions: 4 people
“it’s just the love the coaching staff has been showing me, from (co-defensive coordinator chris) rumph and from all the people that came from the university of florida that were recruiting me as a freshman,” said hunter, who’s ranked the no. 180 overall prospect and no. 14 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “they just stayed on me, so when they went to tennessee, they were there. They never switched up. They never changed. And coach pruitt, the love he’s been showing lately, honestly, i love it. I really love it right now.”

he said the vols are one of the teams currently recruiting him hardest among the nearly 40 schools pursuing him. “it’s between two: Tennessee and penn state,” hunter said. Pruitt, tennessee running backs coach robert gillespie, defensive line coach tracy rocker and director of player personnel drew hughes also are among the members of the vols’ staff who have been in contact with hunter, he said. Hunter said gillespie recently stopped at his school, and while he doesn’t know gillespie “very well,” he said they’re “building a relationship with each other right now.” the vols are recruiting hunter, he said, to play “anywhere on the d-line.” “they just want me to come up and be up there asap and get to see the beautiful facilities they have, come kick it with shanon and just relax,” he said.

Hunter said he and reid talk “all the time” and “text each other every morning,” and he admitted he “would love to play with shanon.” but he said reid hasn’t gone out of his way to try to convince hunter to join him at tennessee. “i mean, he kind of lays off that,” hunter said. "but everybody’s known i looked up to him when i got into high school. That was my role model, so a lot of people kind of figure, ‘he wants to go play with shanon. That’s who he wants to go play with.’ “i’m not going to lie: I would love to play with shanon. I really would, because i could feel comfortable playing with him. And i love being better than him. I just like competing against him. It’s something about him. I always tell him i’m going to be better than him regardless.”

“compared to the last staff, they’ve been on a mission. They haven’t stopped,” hunter said. “they’ve been trying to bring in some of the top recruits in the nation. They’re not stopping at all. And especially coach pruitt, coming from winning a national title, that didn’t stop him at all. I love those type of coaches. “he went back and played with alabama in the national championship game. That’s loyalty to his players. Some coaches won’t even do that, so i love it. I just want to be coached by somebody that has loyalty. I feel like that’s there for me, and i could tell, when he was at the national championship game, the players were so happy just to be around him.”

hunter said he’s currently planning to visit penn state and pittsburgh in march, and he’s hoping to attend south carolina’s spring game on march 31. He said he also plans to visit alabama “sometime during the spring” in addition to visiting the vols for their spring game on april 21. He’s in no hurry to announce his final college decision. “hopefully, in the under armour (all-america) game or the u.s. Army all-american (bowl), i’ll pull a hat out of my bag,” hunter said, “and that’s who i’m going with.”

Reactions: 5 people
Crap! Now we gotta find a way to use and keep Reid. :pinch:

But Pruitt shouldn't have coached the title game? Haha. It may not have helped as much as we hoped in '18, but I bet we see more quotes like this over the next year with the '19 recruits. Having that loyalty to yer players reputation is a nice selling point. And once our current players get to know him better, they will be able to help more with recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back