'22 JUCO CB Keionte Scott

Meh. Wary of out of nowhere JUCO players. They rarely pan out.

This bias has me hoping Gilbert and Scott end up elsewhere.

He’s not out of nowhere. He’s the top rated JUCO DB in America and #5 JUCO recruit overall.

So was Art Green when he committed to us back in ‘19.

By out of nowhere, i mean JUCO kids who had no offers or rankings coming out of high school.

Those types typically have a very low success rate.

There’s a lot more All Blades and Savion Williams out there than there are Tiyon Evans.

By out of nowhere, i mean JUCO kids who had no offers or rankings coming out of high school.

There’s a lot more All Blades and Savion Williams out there than there are Tiyon Evans.

Gotcha.

Byron Young was as out of nowhere as they come. He’s done well. Jeremiah Caldwell may be an example to your point, though. But I’ll trust this staff’s evaluation. Martinez has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt there.

Gosh Savion was horrible. I remember we thought we got a baller in him lol

Gotcha.

Byron Young was as out of nowhere as they come. He’s done well. Jeremiah Caldwell may be an example to your point, though. But I’ll trust this staff’s evaluation. Martinez has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt there.
Caldwell isn't a JUCO guy

Oh wow that one player from a decade ago invalidates my whole point.

I was half-joking. However, seeing as how CP is probably my favorite Vol of all time, I would gladly take some Savion Williams type guys if it gets me another CP or two at some point. It’s not like all the high school prospects pan out and it’s just jucos that don’t.

Reactions: memtownvol
“The coaches were bringing up the 102,000 people that showed up to every game, and just seeing it and hearing it and feeling it, it was crazy,” said Scott, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 5 overall junior-college prospect and No. 1 juco cornerback in the 2022 class.

“I had seen some crowd videos from the Ole Miss game,” he said, referring to Tennessee’s 31-26 loss to the 12th-ranked Rebels on Oct. 16. “And that was one thing people were telling me, too. They were like, ‘If you thought this was crazy, that Ole Miss game was something crazier than this.’ That was just a crazy thought.”

“Just, like, the family atmosphere the program has around it, as far as just everything, that was a big thing to see,” he said. “Coaches, on the Vol Walk, they were with their family. After the game, there’s places for your family to meet you, to see you. And then they have the perfect seats at the game — just stuff like that. … Just how family-oriented the program is was very big.

Another thing was the prayer in the stadium before the game started, and then the chaplain came in and talked to the team during the team meeting. Just seeing how everyone is a believer in Christ — or, if not, they all say, ‘Amen,’ when the prayer went up, so hopefully they’re believers — and then just showing how Coach Heupel keeps the team involved with the Lord, even though some players may not be. But just making sure that protection and everything is over the players, that was big, also.”

“It was actually Coach Heupel, and all the coaches were around to let me know the opportunity and the need for a player with my skill sets,” Scott said. “And they showed a lot of love this weekend, let me know I was number one on their board, so they’re trying to make sure they get the job done, and they showed a lot of love.”

“I have one more official visit,” Scott said. “We’re going to see. I have this next weekend off, so it could potentially be me trying to get a trip in.”
callahan

VN Store

Back