Josh Dobbs

I defended quite well. Thank you very much. Good Day.

giphy.gif

We got another one with hurt feelings guys. Feminine products are down that way ma’am

What? Your previous comment is objectively stupid. No feelings involved, but I’m reading something reflexive about, sorry for triggering you there.

He had his chances with Pitt during the last 2 preseasons, 8 different preseason games to show what he could do and win the backup job, but he couldn’t do it. Now he’s in Jacksonville, and he’s not the backup there either, he’s on the practice squad. He is what he is.

Yeah, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville have made AMAZING personel decisions the past 10 years... Really top notch franchises... Definitely everyone should trust their front offices without question...

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Yeah, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville have made AMAZING personel decisions the past 10 years... Really top notch franchises... Definitely everyone should trust their front offices without question...

Yes, when bad NFL franchises are brought up, the Pittsburgh Steelers are near the top of the list.

Also, I must have missed the other 30 NFL teams falling over themselves to get Dobbs.

Dobbs got there in week 2 while Minshew and Foles had the entire preseason...

And dobbs is a multi year veteran while minshew is a rookie. Dobbs isn’t playing because dobbs isn’t that level of a player. Dobbs had the experience in Pittsburgh’s system that Rudolph didn’t have, yet they traded him away instead of Rudolph. Wonder why...

And dobbs is a multi year veteran while minshew is a rookie. Dobbs isn’t playing because dobbs isn’t that level of a player. Dobbs had the experience in Pittsburgh’s system that Rudolph didn’t have, yet they traded him away instead of Rudolph. Wonder why...
Dobbs was a later rd pick than Randolph.

It's funny to me that people think it has to be one or the other. The fact is it could be Dobbs wasn't the answer or good enough and neither is Rudolph. Rudolph sucking doesn't mean Dobbs would be tearing it up.

It's funny to me that people think it has to be one or the other. The fact is it could be Dobbs wasn't the answer or good enough and neither is Rudolph. Rudolph sucking doesn't mean Dobbs would be tearing it up.
It could mean that Dobbs would deliver if he had the chance to play.

Yep. Pittsburgh was stupid for trading Antonio Brown and letting Le'veon Bell walk 😒

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Lol, so basically you're admitting you're arguing from emotion and not reality since you seem to not even really know the facts of what Dobbs has done in the NFL.

Steelers vs. Raiders - Box Score - December 9, 2018 - ESPN

Dobbs had to take over for BR at halftime and proceeded to go 4/9 for 27 yards and an interception and an injured BR actually went back in because hurt he was still a better option. And lol on the 3rd down in the Ravens game that helped the Steelers clinch a victory....there was 12:00 left in the 4th quarter when that happened. Again, romanticizing what he's done in the NFL.
How well did the rest of the Pittsburgh team execute while Dobbs was in there ? How did the line pass protect and did the receivers run the routes correctly and avoid dropping passes ? Did BR come back in because he had recovered or because Dobbs was ineffective ? Please provide answers and give us a play by play description so we can truly understand how bad Dobb’s was in this game.

How well did the rest of the Pittsburgh team execute while Dobbs was in there ? How did the line pass protect and did the receivers run the routes correctly and avoid dropping passes ? Did BR come back in because he had recovered or because Dobbs was ineffective ? Please provide answers and give us a play by play description so we can truly understand how bad Dobb’s was in this game.

Before all this you were arguing for Dobbs without even knowing this experience even existed, and now you're wanting a detailed breakdown? Why does it matter, you've already demonstrated you don't care about actual facts, you are going on emotion and hope.

He's a guy who just needs the right shot on the right team. Pitt was foolish to cut him loose, especially looking at how running qb's are thriving now. There's definitely a few teams he could be starting for right now.
The only running QB’s that are “thriving” are very good passers also

Before all this you were arguing for Dobbs without even knowing this experience even existed, and now you're wanting a detailed breakdown? Why does it matter, you've already demonstrated you don't care about actual facts, you are going on emotion and hope.
I’m arguing for
Dobbs based on watching him play for 3 years. You argued against it and used the Raiders game as an example. I desperately want to accept you’re point of view but need a few details about this game to confirm the information. Surely you watched his performance in this game since you have such a strong opinion of his performance.

Yes; and Tyler Bray might deliver if he was ever put in. You can make that argument about almost every backup in the league.
I think Bray has the physical skills but I do not know his mental makeup and decision making. The mental part of the game is not a problem with Dobbs IMO.

Exactly. Like I said I love dobbs, dude was awesome here and just a great guy in general it seems. But Pittsburgh had him and evaluated him for years, and clearly didn’t think he was any sort of an answer to them. And yeah foles/minshew had the off-season in the jags system while dobbs did not, but it’s about to be December and dobbs is still behind the rookie minshew. Dobbs will be ok though. He’s making good money to practice basically. That’s awesome for him.

VN Store

Back