Jordan Horston

Guys, let's move on,, great ppl sometimes say their mind and it come out wrong or not sound good. lol

agree with you that her development from last season has been disappointing. Jordan should be (by expectations), a more consistent game impacting player (in a positive way that is).
The disappointing thing to me is that her old problems are still her problems. Not much progress seems to have been made at all in the area of ball handling and decision making. Which is why as many have said, she is just not suited for the PG position.

That said, if her shot was falling and she was scoring better, we'd probably be less upset about the t.o.s. I've said from the get go we may have to just outscore the t.o.s.

It's possible JH will bounce back today with a decent game. She has made incremental progress this year in that she is occasionally able to play effectively at PG, moreso than last year. It's just she can't seem to develop any consistency there and also having ball handling responsibility is definitely hurting her scoring.
I agree, which is why I said Kellie deserves some portion of the blame here as well...
IMO its a little harsh to blame Kellie for trying her at PG. She basically had no choice and it was reasonable to think JH may have grown into the position. I will blame KJH if she keeps her there when it appears to be damaging her rather fragile mindset. Clearly Jordan needs to move to off guard. Of course, for the umpteenth time, that all depends on having a reliable alternative at PG. A real coaching dilemma., especially since KJH seems so reluctant to have Marta coming off the bench.

Last edited:
I agree she has a lot of room to grow. I think everyone sees her reactions,I just don't know if they are good or bad or insignificant to how she plays. She might be 3rd in FGs but I think she is player who needs more freedom..The more she's allowed that freedom I think the more confident she will be with her shot. It's just my opinion but I really think It's Rae and Davis (rightfully so) but I think the team will play better if the 3 of them are almost equal options like Brown Tatum and Walker . On the other hand maybe she has that freedom and I'm missing something althogether
I truly believe all 3 have the freedom but within the concept of the team. It’s hard justifying taking shots from others when you factor in FG% as a whole. Who would’ve thought coming into this year that Rae would be leading the team in FG attempts and PPG. I expected a jump from Rae based on her end of year growth but expected her and Rennia’s attempts to be switched. I truly believe we will see the same type of jump with Jordan. I’m a basketball junkie and watch a lot of games and thanks to the unconventional year a lot of players and teams are taking a little longer then last year to show improvement. As a former college athlete and coach, I couldn’t imagine dealing with what these players and coaches are dealing with. Being a student athlete is hard enough without all of the uncertainty.

I truly believe all 3 have the freedom but within the concept of the team. It’s hard justifying taking shots from others when you factor in FG% as a whole. Who would’ve thought coming into this year that Rae would be leading the team in FG attempts and PPG. I expected a jump from Rae based on her end of year growth but expected her and Rennia’s attempts to be switched. I truly believe we will see the same type of jump with Jordan. I’m a basketball junkie and watch a lot of games and thanks to the unconventional year a lot of players and teams are taking a little longer then last year to show improvement. As a former college athlete and coach, I couldn’t imagine dealing with what these players and coaches are dealing with. Being a student athlete is hard enough without all of the uncertainty.

I think we will see a bounce-back game from Jordan today

I don't think the Jordan haters are significant in number. They are just vocal and they shock people with asinine comments. The hurt makes it feel like there are more than what there is. Players will NEVER be good enough for some fans, all trolls and pathetic coach wannabe's so expect rude, stupid, hurtful and self-serving comments from those that pray for failure.

Jordan is a great player making a sacrifice for the team by playing a PG position she is asked to play. A few are unwilling to recognize she is taking one for the team. Trolls will continue to hate because they are here to stir the pot and create controversy where there is none. Nothing new there. Please just leave Jordan alone and let her develop AT HER AND THE COACHING STAFFS OWN PACE. Let this thread die because it was turned into the opposite of what it was intended. Make your own hate thread instead of hijacking a thread to feed your narcissistic desires.

Jordan is a great player making a sacrifice for the team by playing a PG position she is asked to play. A few are unwilling to recognize she is taking one for the team. Trolls will continue to hate because they are here to stir the pot and create controversy where there is none. Nothing new there. Please just leave Jordan alone and let her develop AT HER AND THE COACHING STAFFS OWN PACE. Let this thread die because it was turned into the opposite of what it was intended. Make your own hate thread instead of hijacking a thread to feed your narcissistic desires.

a rarity that we agree, but an agreement nonetheless

The disappointing thing to me is that her old problems are still her problems. Not much progress seems to have been made at all in the area of ball handling and decision making. Which is why as many have said, she is just not suited for the PG position.

That said, if her shot was falling and she was scoring better, we'd probably be less upset about the t.o.s. I've said from the get go we may have to just outscore the t.o.s.

It's possible JH will bounce back today with a decent game. She has made incremental progress this year in that she is occasionally able to play effectively at PG, moreso than last year. It's just she can't seem to develop any consistency there and also having ball handling responsibility is definitely hurting her scoring.

IMO its a little harsh to blame Kellie for trying her at PG. She basically had no choice and it was reasonable to think JH may have grown into the position. I will blame KJH if she keeps her there when it appears to be damaging her rather fragile mindset. Clearly Jordan needs to move to off guard. Of course, for the umpteenth time, that all depends on having a reliable alternative at PG. A real coaching dilemma., especially since KJH seems so reluctant to have Marta coming off the bench.
Good post glv98, but question, who will play the 4 position with Marta on the bench?

As I read some of the harsh statements we make about our players, I reflect back when I was a
coach. It was not all about the players, it was also about me, as a coach recognizing players’ positives and their negatives and to put them in the best position to show their positives and to sure up their negatives. We are laying a lot of responsibilities on these young women, when in reality the buck stops at the head coach’s desk. It is nothing wrong with pointing out players’ weaknesses but it is up to coaches to make every effort to recognize those weaknesses and coach up players so that weaknesses can be strengthened and diminished.

Such A saint.
fa00cb5ae252c2339eb87a5727774dcf.gif

Good post glv98, but question, who will play the 4 position with Marta on the bench?
Yeah that's a problem, part of why it hasn't been done I imagine. You'd really have 2 threes instead of a 4. It would be a smallish but quicker lineup, using it would depend on matchups

Reactions: Nute Gunray
I hope you have been watching what Kentucky is doing in the last half of the 4th quarter. They seem to be leaving one player open on inbound passes and then creating turn over after turn over. It didn’t cost us this game , but we need to work on this before the end of the season. I think this team has greatly improved in the last two weeks. I think they will be close to a top ten ranking this week. Great job coach.

Last edited:
She’s so dynamic. Exciting to watch. Lots of good games going on around her this game, but the difference is she disabled the vaunted Kentucky defense with her point guard skills. Shot 1-13 (or so) in this game and was the best player on the floor.

She’s got a ceiling like Catchings in my opinion. And I have argued for a long time on the rebkell’s junkie board site that Cathings is the GOAT. Catchings value is that she is great but she can make the 4 mediocrities around her good enough to win a championship. (As an aside, An article came out with advanced statistics that backed my theory up placing her above Taurasi.)

In this game, Jordan took a team up by 5 that was playing ugly basketball and made them the most enjoyable team to watch since before Holly.

This is why you put her at PG. this is why you stick with her despite a bad game against UConn. (Despite this the LV were a possession away with 30 seconds left in the game to the team that will be number one before season’s end.)

Jordan is the type of athlete that you "release" and let her play to her unbridled limits, only pulling the reins in or guiding at very precise times,,,,the more you control a player like that the more they fight both inwardly and outwardly,,,I wish Coach K would see this and just let the child do what got her to the #2 player in the land a couple of years ago.
Coach, can you explain to me what the other players are doing while you have released the unbridled player? I understand that you market yourself as a skills coach and have a number of self identified drills to develop young players. But this quote about 'releasing' a player only brings home a quote from one of your favorite coaches who said, "Skill coaches can teach you a lot of things. But there is one thing a skill coach can never teach and that is how to win." You just proved his point.

Point guard is the most difficult position to play in basketball. You have to be a coach on the floor. Your responsible to get all players in position to start the half court. Your responsible to lead the break and make instantaneous decisions. You typically man up with a very tough defensive assignment. I know of several point guards who didn't master the position until late in their sophomore year or their junior year who became all Americans as seniors. give Jordan a little more time.

Reactions: teacherdean
Shooting 2 for 20 in her last two games...

43f.gif

Funny Darth. Generally, I appreciate your curmudgeonly ways to bring some reality to the forum. I’d think even you, however, would appreciate how she changed the entire complexion of this game out of the gate in the 3rd quarter. I submit that if she had the stat line she did today until garbage minutes in the 4th quarter this team is easily top 10. Maybe top 5. I think deep down as a true fan of the game you agree, because it is very hard to deny how the dynamic of the team turned up with her on the court.

Yes, Jordan feeding TK today was what broke Kentucky‘s back in the third quarter. Her defense and assists were also one of the keys in today’s win.

Funny Darth. Generally, I appreciate your curmudgeonly ways to bring some reality to the forum. I’d think even you, however, would appreciate how she changed the entire complexion of this game out of the gate in the 3rd quarter. I submit that if she had the stat line she did today until garbage minutes in the 4th quarter this team is easily top 10. Maybe top 5. I think deep down as a true fan of the game you agree, because it is very hard to deny how the dynamic of the team turned up with her on the court.

VN Store

Back