Jordan Horston makes the Sports Center top ten

When considering raw talent vs on-court production, JH will go down as one of the more disappointing players in program history...
Geno would take Horston in a heartbeat, with her NBA passes, razzle-dazzle dribbling and apple/peach/strawberry turnovers. She is a great player and competitor, still.

She is what she is. Jordan has been making clutch shots. I said before, I think she more of Lex Hornbuckle type player who is the team's Swiss Army knife. On a different note, I thought that scramble play in the 4th quarter where Walker is pressured, loses the ball, falls down, taps to Rae, who hits a big 3 might have made the top 10.
I agree with your likening Jordan to Hornbuckle but I believe that Jordan is a better shooter and scorer than Hornbuckle especially in Hornbuckle's last two years....to me Hornbuckle was a better shooter as a freshman than she was a senior.

It's way too early to make such a dire assessment. She finds a way to stuff the stat sheet in spite of some ongoing struggles, and we're winning games we would never win without her. She's definitely improving. Let's have this discussion this time next year.

Also, there's always the chance the "raw talent" was overrated. I quit relying on that sh*t about 15 "great" 3 pt shooter recruits ago.
Darth ,you are way out in left field on that statement !!!

Reactions: PRG and volfan__18
I agree with your likening Jordan to Hornbuckle but I believe that Jordan is a better shooter and scorer than Hornbuckle especially in Hornbuckle's last two years....to me Hornbuckle was a better shooter as a freshman than she was a senior.

Technically you’re not wrong - Hornbuckle’s best FG% came as a freshman at 44.4% though it hovered around that all 4 years. However, her 3 pt. % was by far the best by her senior year at over 42%. Would love for Jordan to get there.

In making that comparison, I don't want to get too mired in the details. In general terms, both Jordan H. and Lex could play PG (but probably not their best position), shooting guard and even small forward. They were very good scorers but not consistently good shooters and both were excellent rebounders and absolute monsters on the defensive side. Oh, and both had tendencies to go for the low probability, highlight reel (if it works) pass. Or as CPS used to say to Lex "that is too much mustard!!"

Actually, if we need to hit a shot, I'd rather have it in the hands of Rae (not wild child Rae) or even Puckett. But give it to JH to help create the play, and to grab a rebound.
A long shot yes, but around the basket and mid-range I like Horston better. I would really like to see Horston stay away from the three attempts.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Darth ,you are way out in left field on that statement !!!

Maybe so, if you think Horston's ceiling is an All-SEC player... which is fine. Personally, I think she has All-America talent, but she won't ever be an All-American...

PUCKETT is a Liability. Too slow, so she fouls whoever she guards. KJ needs to put a quick Guard in and let Puckett sit more.

Yeah, no.

Sarah actually plays very good defense when she is on the floor. She also isn’t slow. She’s very fast for her height and frame.

Go watch that game again and reassess your opinion lol. Particularly the play when Daniels stole the ball. Sarah hawked her down, sprinted the floor, didn’t bite on the ball fake and then sent her shot into the stands.

The girl can move, she just don’t seem to be moving all that fast because she is built like a Mac Truck (a huge compliment Sarah, lol).

Maybe so, if you think Horston's ceiling is an All-SEC player... which is fine. Personally, I think she has All-America talent, but she won't ever be an All-American...
How could that have been different? Would another coach, say Jeff W for example, have developed her more effectively? What should have been done differently?

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
There were several plays that made me jump out of my chair, but one that's sticking out in my mind right now is the power move Tamari made with a left-hand finish. I think it was in the fourth quarter. It was STRONG, and I thought, "More of THAT, please!"

Yeah, no.

Sarah actually plays very good defense when she is on the floor. She also isn’t slow. She’s very fast for her height and frame.

Go watch that game again and reassess your opinion lol. Particularly the play when Daniels stole the ball. Sarah hawked her down, sprinted the floor, didn’t bite on the ball fake and then sent her shot into the stands.

The girl can move, she just don’t seem to be moving all that fast because she is built like a Mac Truck (a huge compliment Sarah, lol).
4 door Volvo station wagon? 🥰

The block was nice but yeah there were multiple other plays in that game that were better and/or more important. Nice to get some recognition tho.
this is twice in less than a month the LV's have made SC...prior to that when was the last W-MCAA clip?

Reactions: Bret178
PUCKETT is a Liability. Too slow, so she fouls whoever she guards. KJ needs to put a quick Guard in and let Puckett sit more.
Which one of those quick guards would you put in? Considering a lot of Puckett's minutes were filling in at the 4-5 which "quick guard" do you think can defend, score and rebound in that position? I am pretty sure whichever one you pick wouldn't have gotten 10 and 10 last night other than maybe Horston whose length and speed on the perimeter cause all kinds of problems for other guards?

Holla when that happens. She is SLOW. Did you not see her grab her player and hold her when she got beat? I get it. No Critical thinking allowed in here.

Stephanie Dolson was SLOWER and she was an All American. Meghan Gustafson was SLOW and was a national player of the year. Slow doesn't mean non impactful. Critical thinking is fine i actually welcome it i also welcome those that when they realize they are wrong to say it soo...

I'll holla back when she is an All Sec Freshman make sure you like the posts as i'm sure there will be one 😎 See you in march ✌🏾

VN Store

Back