Jordan Horston makes the Sports Center top ten

PUCKETT is a Liability. Too slow, so she fouls whoever she guards. KJ needs to put a quick Guard in and let Puckett sit more.

I would think that Puckett has as many blocks as fouls this season,or at least a close number. She has the intangibles that make her a good player as a freshman and will be even better as she gets acclimated to the pounding of SEC basketball. What has happened to you that you now disparage a Lady Vol player? Pointing out mistakes is one thing but calling a player a “liability”? The namesake in your avatar would never have condoned your words.

Capt Obvious statement to say Puckett is a really fine freshman player. Already contributing a ton and with huge upside. She can shoot! Glory be! I look forward to Sara with an intense summer of strength and conditioning this offseason. I'm gonna be very surprised if she does not end up an All SEC player in the future.

I would think that Puckett has as many blocks as fouls this season,or at least a close number. She has the intangibles that make her a good player as a freshman and will be even better as she gets acclimated to the pounding of SEC basketball. What has happened to you that you now disparage a Lady Vol player? Pointing out mistakes is one thing but calling a player a “liability”? The namesake in your avatar would never have condoned your words.

I watched the game.....

She kept multiple players off the board and allowed TN to get the rebound.

It's gonna be awesome when she makes the All Freshman SEC team 😎

Holla when that happens. She is SLOW. Did you not see her grab her player and hold her when she got beat? I get it. No Critical thinking allowed in here.

Sure you weren't in the bathroom or getting a snack during the double double?

Yall don't really watch the game intently, or you would see what I'm talking about. She lacks quickness. Not picking on anyone here, just stating facts.

Watch the replay, especially the last 5 mins. "No opinions allowed in here"? Sorry but UT was very Lucky to win, and the Lineup is the reason.
You've won me over. If only KJH has benched Sara and played Jessie instead . . .

You've won me over. If only KJH has benched Sara and played Jessie instead . . .

I made no recommendations as to subs, and so sorry I pointed out obvious weakness in the Beloved Lady Vols. I PROMISE you PAT woulda been Highly Pissed at that Performance, Home Off that L to lowly Auburn. Back to sleep.......

Agree to disagree. Walker and Miles have struggled against the press a few times and the length of JH helps as an outlet against the press. But IMO both of them get the LVs in a workable half court offense better than JH who overdribbles while deciding and we get stagnent. Lately Miles seems to be getting the O moving better than anyone. That's not to disparage Walker who's doing so much to help especially w some timely 3s lately.
No problem but we know who has the ball in their hands when the game is on the line although you do have a point about Miles starting to get some of that action.

In case it's gone unnoticed, this team is a team of parts who come together to make a whole that's greater than the parts. Sara, like all our players, has some areas for improvement. Does some things great, others have to be covered for. Kind of like everyone else. So not having the complete players, patching them all together balancing out pluses and minuses is the challenge.

If you truly feel her double double could have been made up for by our other "quick guard", tell us exactly who that would have been?

PUCKETT is a Liability. Too slow, so she fouls whoever she guards. KJ needs to put a quick Guard in and let Puckett sit more.
You didn't use blue font so accept this as serious. So what is wrong with you? She is one of our best defenders overall. She may have lost a quicker player on a switch or two last night , but for an entire game she does a marvelous job on defense.

No problem but we know who has the ball in their hands when the game is on the line although you do have a point about Miles starting to get some of that action.
Actually, if we need to hit a shot, I'd rather have it in the hands of Rae (not wild child Rae) or even Puckett. But give it to JH to help create the play, and to grab a rebound.

Is what she is probably correct almost 3/4 thru her career. And what she is is invaluable to us right now, swiss army knife a good metaphor. But dammit, I just can't help but wish, especially on the shooting. Surely that can improve.

As far as the turnovers, as has been noted over and over, JH throws NBA type passes. Unfortunately many of her teammates have high school type hands. So quit throwing those. I do think her decision making overall is much better so maybe the t.o.s will improve. And they could be overlooked more easily if only Walker and Rae weren't also high t.o. players.

All in all, I'm really glad we have JH or we'd be way worse off. I just can't stop thinking how much better we would be . . .

When considering raw talent vs on-court production, JH will go down as one of the more disappointing players in program history...

When considering raw talent vs on-court production, JH will go down as one of the more disappointing players in program history...
It's way too early to make such a dire assessment. She finds a way to stuff the stat sheet in spite of some ongoing struggles, and we're winning games we would never win without her. She's definitely improving. Let's have this discussion this time next year.

Also, there's always the chance the "raw talent" was overrated. I quit relying on that sh*t about 15 "great" 3 pt shooter recruits ago.

VN Store

Back