Jordan Horston makes the Sports Center top ten

JH is so versatile and contributes so much in so many areas. She also seems to be a great teammate and leader off the court. She's grown alot this season and obviously, I'm really glad we have her.

In light of that, you really hate to "what if" her, but when I watch all that talent I can't help it. What if she could actually shoot and didn't turn the ball over so much? She would easily be among the top 3 best players in the country. She seems to be working hard so maybe . . .

JH is so versatile and contributes so much in so many areas. She also seems to be a great teammate and leader off the court. She's grown alot this season and obviously, I'm really glad we have her.

In light of that, you really hate to "what if" her, but when I watch all that talent I can't help it. What if she could actually shoot and didn't turn the ball over so much? She would easily be among the top 3 best players in the country. She seems to be working hard so maybe . . .

She is what she is. Jordan has been making clutch shots. I said before, I think she more of Lex Hornbuckle type player who is the team's Swiss Army knife. On a different note, I thought that scramble play in the 4th quarter where Walker is pressured, loses the ball, falls down, taps to Rae, who hits a big 3 might have made the top 10.

She is what she is. Jordan has been making clutch shots. I said before, I think she more of Lex Hornbuckle type player who is the team's Swiss Army knife. On a different note, I thought that scramble play in the 4th quarter where Walker is pressured, loses the ball, falls down, taps to Rae, who hits a big 3 might have made the top 10.
The block was nice but yeah there were multiple other plays in that game that were better and/or more important. Nice to get some recognition tho.

Is what she is probably correct almost 3/4 thru her career. And what she is is invaluable to us right now, swiss army knife a good metaphor. But dammit, I just can't help but wish, especially on the shooting. Surely that can improve.

As far as the turnovers, as has been noted over and over, JH throws NBA type passes. Unfortunately many of her teammates have high school type hands. So quit throwing those. I do think her decision making overall is much better so maybe the t.o.s will improve. And they could be overlooked more easily if only Walker and Rae weren't also high t.o. players.

All in all, I'm really glad we have JH or we'd be way worse off. I just can't stop thinking how much better we would be . . .

She is better than hornbuckle ever was.

I really can't understand why Kellie doesn't create more post plays for JH. With Green out, seems that JH could really help at the post. She has a nice, soft shot around that rim. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
I think the main reason is she needs her to handle so much and bring the ball down. If we had some players better at that she could get down and establish post position and work at the four. We need her on the perimeter so much hard to use her in there and she would be awesome JMO. She has to be out there to make plays for other players. We don't have another point guard that can handle and create opportunities like she does.

I think the main reason is she needs her to handle so much and bring the ball down. If we had some players better at that she could get down and establish post position and work at the four. We need her on the perimeter so much hard to use her in there and she would be awesome JMO. She has to be out there to make plays for other players. We don't have another point guard that can handle and create opportunities like she does.
I get the feeling Rae and Jordan aren't the best of friends. Just an observation...

In the glass half category, Puckett is looking viable in the post. She may become that Sid Spencer player who can play on the wing or the post in some stretches.

I really can't understand why Kellie doesn't create more post plays for JH. With Green out, seems that JH could really help at the post. She has a nice, soft shot around that rim. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
The plays shouldn't have to be created, if Jordan wants it on the block, tell TK to slide up to take her defender down there and call for the ball. Sometimes it isn't always coaching as much as it is players communicating when they have a clear advantage and dominating that advantage.

Agree to disagree. Walker and Miles have struggled against the press a few times and the length of JH helps as an outlet against the press. But IMO both of them get the LVs in a workable half court offense better than JH who overdribbles while deciding and we get stagnent. Lately Miles seems to be getting the O moving better than anyone. That's not to disparage Walker who's doing so much to help especially w some timely 3s lately.

Agree to disagree. Walker and Miles have struggled against the press a few times and the length of JH helps as an outlet against the press. But IMO both of them get the LVs in a workable half court offense better than JH who overdribbles while deciding and we get stagnent. Lately Miles seems to be getting the O moving better than anyone. That's not to disparage Walker who's doing so much to help especially w some timely 3s lately.
Walker has stated several times she isn't a PG and she has always been a scorer throughout her career. I think if we could really use Brooklyn more to free Walker up to score it would be beneficial to us. I would love to see more time when they are in together with Horston, Rae, and TK.

You mean Kelly's been Creating Plays?

I don’t see what you’re seeing

Because of how Rae responded to Jordy when she said ... we don't look at her as a freshman, it doesn't matter... Rae said Sorry geez... in a joking manner and Jordy put her arm around her and laughed.

On the court they are always lifting each other up and laughing... This team truly loves each other and u can tell. Other teams we didn't know were fighting (literally) behind closed doors but you could tell on the court.

Because of how Rae responded to Jordy when she said ... we don't look at her as a freshman, it doesn't matter... Rae said Sorry geez... in a joking manner and Jordy put her arm around her and laughed.

On the court they are always lifting each other up and laughing... This team truly loves each other and u can tell. Other teams we didn't know were fighting (literally) behind closed doors but you could tell on the court.
Look at who as a freshmen?😂

In the glass half category, Puckett is looking viable in the post. She may become that Sid Spencer player who can play on the wing or the post in some stretches.

PUCKETT is a Liability. Too slow, so she fouls whoever she guards. KJ needs to put a quick Guard in and let Puckett sit more.

VN Store

Back