Joe Milton III performance

Beautiful point is you reload straight to Milton with a monster arm and an understanding of the offense while nico gets groomed, bulked up, and learns. Ball passes from one great to the next to the next
Sounds like the Bama plan. I approve.

Been trying to find the longest college football pass in the air that was completed. Can't find anything specifically on this. Everything includes YAC. Anybody got anything on this?

No way. Hooker is in a Heisman run.

What's more important? Winning the game for the team and fans or supporting one player for a useless trophy? Hooker likely lost all hope for the Heisman with his pitiful performance against Ga.

You mean the same draft for the league that has legendarily terrible offenses this year? The same draft run by a league whose insiders still think Will Levis is a generational talent? That draft?

Good one.

Will Levis = Ryan Leaf... That Draft??? Or the Draft that took Brady in the 6th round???

Hendon can be successful on Sundays just as Dobbs has been.

I admire his character. To stay at TN behind Hooker this year says a LOT when so many hit the portal. He'll be ready.
Agree 10000%. If he’s taken this time as a back up to study and learn with HH as I suspect he has, then dude is gonna be legit. His demeanor seems to be the “leader” type watching him on the sidelines

Been trying to find the longest college football pass in the air that was completed. Can't find anything specifically on this. Everything includes YAC. Anybody got anything on this?

NFL - Fred Crawford = 85 yards through the air to Eddie Kawal (1935)
NFL - Don Meredith = 83 yards to Bob Hays
============================================
CFB -Tommy Armstrong Jr. - 99 yards (TD) vs. Georgia, in Gator Bowl
Source: What is the longest pass in college football history? – Short-Fact

That was a ~50 yard pass in the air from the endzone that went for a touchdown.

Doggone it, you're right. Duckduckgo lied. I entered the longest completed college game pass through the air, and it came up with that game. Freaking robot search engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this answers the CFB question, MAYBE:

Yes… I am definitely still very skeptical that he’s a capable replacement for hooker. He came in during jump time against a defeated team and threw a couple of nice passes. His physical capabilities have never been in question. What I will continue to be skeptical about is is ability to process all the necessary information (knowing where the pressure is coming from, knowing where all his reads are, understanding the timing and spacing involved in those windows opening up, having the Moxie to move around in the pocket to buy extra time whole keep his eyes down field, understanding the clock and how it plays a role in decision making, and understanding when the time is right to take a shot versus when you just need the first down to stay on the field.
What makes for a great quarterback isn’t the physical ability to make a throw in a no pressure situation when your guy is running wide-open. It’s the ability to manage all the necessary information playing and play out when the game is in question. He’s definitely going to get his shirt to start the season though so I hope I’m wrong. We’re starting to get a feel for what heupel is all about and he’s certainly values experience over potential. And Milton will have a huge experience advantage over the others. I’d expect Milton to go most of the way next season allowing nico and Jackson to learn the system etc. If I’m being honest…I don’t expect it to be anything comparable to this year. I’d say we take a sold step back next year and have a 8-5 type year.
I agree. It's not fair to Joe to try to make him another Hendon. Hendons come only once in a lifetime! We will have to adapt our team around Joe's strength. Improvements in finesse, timing, and game presence will give us a good to great year next year, but don't lay the Hendon comparison on him!

C7EEB2C3-23C8-4BF2-AD3E-DF9484B30C2C.jpeg

I swear we need Milton’s head on this. Would be even cooler if someone could get Milton to dress like that do the pose with a football in his hand with Neyland Stadium in the background.

VN Store

Back