JJ not making the 53 squad

I see what you’re saying, but I’d be willing to bet that there are a lot of very fast corners who have covered Jennings who don’t want that task again. If speed was everything, we’d be watching track meets.
That’s why the back shoulder throws work so well with him! 😉

I see what you’re saying, but I’d be willing to bet that there are a lot of very fast corners who have covered Jennings who don’t want that task again. If speed was everything, we’d be watching track meets.
There aren't many good/fast corners in the league who can't handle JJ. I thought JJ would make it because he could contribute heavily on special teams. SF has a loaded roster that can make SB again

Bull crap. Jerry rice was never ever ever ever close to a 4.4 forty. Was he crap? It’s not always about speed and measurables. The lack of a preseason cost JJ. simple
In the NFL the lack of speed without a doubt was a factor in JJ being cut. Rice’s 40 times have been reported as slow but it was pointed out here on VN within the last year that Rice had also recorded some 40 times that were fairly fast.

I thought Jennings was supposed to be the next Terrell Owens? Or was it Hines Ward? I tried to tell some of you all awhile back it was a little premature to compare him to some of the greatest to have ever played in NFL history.

Anyways, it sucks that he didn't make the roster. Maybe he will go somewhere else and have success. The 49ers, who are the defending NFC Champs, obviously feel they have better talent at WR than Jennings.

There aren't many good/fast corners in the league who can't handle JJ. I thought JJ would make it because he could contribute heavily on special teams. SF has a loaded roster that can make SB again
The 49ers WR that made the roster were Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Trent Taylor, Kendrick Bourne, Dante Pettis, and Richie James. All of those guys beat out Jennings for a spot. And there are reasons why.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I just don’t get it. Garrapalo was giving glowing reviews about JJ in an interview the other day. Damn COVID is decimating UDF players and their chances on making a team. It’s so disappointing.

C-19 plus declining revenues are making it hard all over for the NFL. As the saying goes, “Get woke, go broke”. Personally I don’t get to worked up about any of it but so many people just don’t watch anymore. Hard to pay big money to people when no one is interested in watching what they do.

Here’s another example. Forgive my typos. Darius Hayward bay. Top pick by raiders. Blazing speed. Pick was laughed at by anyone with a brain. Raiders said his speed is why!
BUSSSSSSTTTTTTTT

would take JJ on any team I follow. And twice on sundays
Heyward-Bey managed to play in the NFL until he was 31. Looks like his last half of his career was special teams with the Steelers. At this point JJ is not even as good as Heyward-Bey.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
It hurts JJ that he can't get separation and he's an average special teams player. Before it is said and done, he'll get a chance.

Told y'all my buddy had a terrible experience with the 49ers management. Talk all the praise in the world to your face, then trade/cut you..

Bull crap. Jerry rice was never ever ever ever close to a 4.4 forty. Was he crap? It’s not always about speed and measurables. The lack of a preseason cost JJ. simple
Once again Rice is the best route runner to ever play, arguably the best hands to ever play and he could probably outrun JJ tomorrow if they lined up. You're correct, Rice wasn't a speedster but his other worldly talents are so much better than JJ's they should never be mentioned in the same breath. Jennings has toughness, that's about it and everyone in the NFL is tough so no biggie there.

One big issue with the 24 hour news cycle is incomplete news gets reported in the rush. You'd assume that most people on a football forum would understand how practice squads and NFL preseason works. But I guess not. Almost everyone on the list of UT players is still practice squad eligible and obvious canidates for one. Just because a team cuts you during preseason does not always mean that much. But yeah I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned by myself and others it's worse to get drafted round 6-7 than go undrafted in many cases.

A perfect example of this is JJ getting drafted by the niners.thry already have 2-3 other young guys that fit his skill set. Hurd being the main example. He was drafted as insurance. He will darn sure end up worst case on someone practice squad mostikh the niners if he clears waivers.

One big issue with the 24 hour news cycle is incomplete news gets reported in the rush. You'd assume that most people on a football forum would understand how practice squads and NFL preseason works. But I guess not. Almost everyone on the list of UT players is still practice squad eligible and obvious canidates for one. Just because a team cuts you during preseason does not always mean that much. But yeah I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned by myself and others it's worse to get drafted round 6-7 than go undrafted in many cases.

A perfect example of this is JJ getting drafted by the niners.thry already have 2-3 other young guys that fit his skill set. Hurd being the main example. He was drafted as insurance. He will darn sure end up worst case on someone practice squad mostikh the niners if he clears waivers.
He signed to their practice squad yesterday.

Joshua Dobbs back with Steelers; Jauan Jennings on practice squad

Reactions: Orange_Crush

True but the ones here who had already pegged JJ as a quality starter or some even a future all pro are just delusional.

Nice to see lots of our guys get practice squad opportunities

one injury away from being back on the roster

Reactions: CPA

VN Store

Back