JJ not making the 53 squad

Jennings needs to play in the XFL. Dude would be AWESOME with his swagger and toughness.

Jennings needs to play in the XFL. Dude would be AWESOME with his swagger and toughness.

Another reason I'm hoping the XFL definitely comes back, it served a purpose for guys that just didn't quite make NFL rosters but with some extra play against good competition they can get better.

I just don’t get it. Garrapalo was giving glowing reviews about JJ in an interview the other day. Damn COVID is decimating UDF players and their chances on making a team. It’s so disappointing.

Reactions: spyfish007
I just don’t get it. Garrapalo was giving glowing reviews about JJ in an interview the other day. Damn COVID is decimating UDF players and their chances on making a team. It’s so disappointing.
I don't get how folks are surprised a WR that runs a 4.7+ forty is going to play in the NFL. There are DL in the league that can cover that type WR.

I don't get how folks are surprised a WR that runs a 4.7+ forty is going to play in the NFL. There are DL in the league that can cover that type WR.
I see what you’re saying, but I’d be willing to bet that there are a lot of very fast corners who have covered Jennings who don’t want that task again. If speed was everything, we’d be watching track meets.

I see what you’re saying, but I’d be willing to bet that there are a lot of very fast corners who have covered Jennings who don’t want that task again. If speed was everything, we’d be watching track meets.
You are 100% correct but unfortunately they are not likely in the NFL either. We have to remember that only the best players are making the 53 man roster and the fast corners in the NFL don't make the same mistakes as the college guys. If they do they are gone pretty quick.

I still think he has a shot somewhere as a possession guy and I feel like the XFL is absolutely a place to sharpen his skills and make a team next year.

As others have said, bad year for UDFAs.....

Reactions: DonjoVol and 08Vol
It’s true. Just hard for a receiver to survive in the league at 4.6+ unless he’s a physical freak. The guy is obviously tough and knows how to play, it’s going to be an uphill battle.

Dobbs, Jennings and Warrior should sign somewhere before the new season begins.

What happens when teams inevitably have to sit 5-10 players one week because of COVID testing? Are they allowed to sign replacements for short term contracts (i.e., a week or two)?

Forgive my ignorance.

Reactions: bobbyutvol

VN Store

Back