JJ do better man

That's the way I've seen it describe mostly. Your the 1 that's not.

So, no comment on what I really wanted to know?
You're being difficult, Behr. The video is there for everyone to see. Here it is again for those who may have missed it.

We can debate whether or not the step on the head was intentional all day, but there is no debating whether or not he ripped his helmet off and there's no debating that Jennings stepped on his head. Your sarcastic plea for photo proof of "this assault" is childish and insolent. The video clearly shows the helmet removal from from 0:14 to 0:15. You can see the helmet move again at 0:16 when Jennings let's go of it to get up and at 0:17 Jennings places his right foot firmly onto the head of the Vandy player. Was it intentional? Only Jennings knows, but I think my take on the action clear.

Reactions: Titan05 and vols 30
You're being difficult, Behr. The video is there for everyone to see. Here it is again for those who may have missed it.

We can debate whether or not the step on the head was intentional all day, but there is no debating whether or not he ripped his helmet off and there's no debating that Jennings stepped on his head. Your sarcastic plea for photo proof of "this assault" is childish and insolent. The video clearly shows the helmet removal from from 0:14 to 0:15. You can see the helmet move again at 0:16 when Jennings let's go of it to get up and at 0:17 Jennings places his right foot firmly onto the head of the Vandy player. Was it intentional? Only Jennings knows, but I think my take on the action clear.

SEC Now showed a video that was left of the black box. It was even more obvious

Reactions: Titan05

Have you not read this thread?? My "sarcastic plea is childish" because that's how I see most of the people in here that keep saying everyone else is being stupid or homerish if we can't see his face was "stomped" on.

I haven't seen anyone say he wasn't stepped on, its obvious Jennings stepped on his face. I was careful how I stated that I didn't see a video showing his helmet being taken off and wasn't trying to be difficult. This whole thread is a debate about if it was intentional and you just said you don't know, only JJ knows.

You think it was intentional and I don't think it was. If it was intentional there would be serious damage to the guys face and pictures. But, we haven't seen any, and JJ is a thug and always will be so he's guilty until proven innocent.

I watched it like 10 times. Paused; backed up; replayed; etc. It's ugly, but it's not damning. Hard tackle (out of bounds); melee on the sideline; pigpile (been there, done that); and another almost melee at the point of separation. Difficult to say if it was intentional or not. A lot of moving parts during the couple of seconds in question. In the end, only JJ knows.

No doubt the SEC is all over this. I'm much more interested, and concerned, about what they say than I am any of us. And honestly, I trust the SEC Office to get this right about as much as I trust their officiating when one team on the field is Alabama.

Which is not at all. Regardless of which way it goes.

So, Go Vols.

Edit: Don't be surprised if the SEC circles the wagons here. UT is going to a bowl game. Vandy is not. The SEC wants its' bowl teams to represent well. They know JJ is a key part of our offense. Since no flags were thrown when it happened, I'd look for the SEC to back the officials (go figure), and go back-channel to put UT and JJ on notice that they will be watching him through a microscope if he returns next year. JMO.

Reactions: Behr
Hey did y’all see where nothing happened today and nobody cares because it’s a bunch of nothing?

Ya, me too. I’ll leave y’all to the racist innuendos about thugs and what not.

I don't know where I got he "Stomped his face". How childish of me to exaggerate.

Can't make stuff like this up.

Lol it wasn’t a hit out of bounds. It was close but definitely inbounds. We can’t even agree on the initial hit.

Make that 11 times. Right on the line, but inbounds at POC. Although the "energy dump" was clearly out of bounds.

I stand corrected. SEC League Office will likely suspend JJ for 2 years; issue a show-cause to the UT Women's Basketball team; award the 2019 SEC Football Championship to Alabama; and offer to fund the Vandy Band for the 2020 season.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Don't know why in the hell JJ stepped on that kids head after he ripped off his helmet. Come on man do better.

First post here. It's kind of appalling how many snowflakes are upset.
spoof_ad_moral_highhorse.png

First post here. It's kind of appalling how many snowflakes are upset.
spoof_ad_moral_highhorse.png

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other dude, and got no answer.

You guys throwing around "Snowflake" fans and the other dude said it makes him want to puke. If JJ did jerk dudes helmet off and stomp his face, you think I'm a snowflake if I think that's ridiculous and wrong of him to do?

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other dude, and got no answer.

You guys throwing around "Snowflake" fans and the other dude said it makes him want to puke. If JJ did jerk dudes helmet off and stomp his face, you think I'm a snowflake if I think that's ridiculous and wrong of him to do?
No these people are snowflakes for being outraged over something that no one actually gives a single **** about. Just making up drama out of nowhere for attention.

the step wasnt on purpose.

Some people try to make a mountain out of a molehill. Just appears to me JJ was emotional but was getting up immediately. If anything the large crowd that came over made it difficult to get off the guy.

I didn't even realize he stepped on the guy until people started looking at something to get triggered by. I haven't watched it several times or slowed it down in slow motion but JJ just looks like someone who had laid a big lick and was running off afterwards. He didn't even pay attention to the guy.

Last edited:
Some people try to make a mountain out of a molehill. Just appears to me JJ was emotional but was getting up immediately. If anything the large crowd that came over made it difficult to get off the guy.

I didn't even realized he stepped on the guy until people started looking at something to get triggered by.
The outraged losers are probably bully victims having flashbacks of when they got a wedgie in high school

Reactions: BreatheUT
You can see the player on the ground with his hand on jj's helmet too.

These guys just spent 3 freaking hours in a cold ass rain playing a physical game that races your adrenaline. And some of you can't see this for what it is.

You can see the player on the ground with his hand on jj's helmet too.

These guys just spent 3 freaking hours in a cold ass rain playing a physical game that races your adrenaline. And some of you can't see this for what it is.
I’ve watched it too many times and am not convinced the helmet was ripped off. The struggle could have just as easily been for the ball. It’s pretty common for guys to struggle over the ball well after the play. Bottom line is you really can’t see what’s happening from any of the videos.
Nothing is going to happen

I’ve watched it too many times and am not convinced the helmet was ripped off. The struggle could have just as easily been for the ball. It’s pretty common for guys to struggle over the ball well after the play. Bottom line is you really can’t see what’s happening from any of the videos.
Nothing is going to happen
I said it was for the ball in my first post.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Serious question - why would the SEC give out punishment when there was no flag on the play? I'm pretty sure this was reviewed and still no flag. The refs were in the mix and could see what was going on .. no flags.

This has been sensationalized by a UGA grad who obviously let his emotions in the moment get the best of him. ESPN has already changed "stomp" to "step" because there was absolutely no STOMP and the "step" was not really a step otherwise there would have been damage to the face of the person stepped on. It was more like a brush against the top of the head as he turned to move and brought his foot down to the ground. The "step" ended up with JJ's foot on the ground. Based on the video he never put the full force of his weight on the Vandy's players head.

Was he emotional ... yes. Any player would be emotional in this situation - he just make a jarring tackle and ended up surfing on the wet plastic into a bunch of stuff on the sideline and had a host of folks tugging and pushing.

Bottom line is there was no penalty on this - and it would set a dangerous precedence if the SEC reviewed a play where no penalty was called just because someone in the media decided to rant about it. If they were to suspend him - oh boy - watch out because I can see media and coaches weeding through film to find something on the key players on the teams they face going forward!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back