JJ do better man

We got some real snowflakes on here.

Shut the BS up....

I love JJ, but you don't do that...

Kid could have gotten seriously hurt. Could have punctured his eyeball or cracked his cheekbone. He went too far. Period.

All of you saying it was unintentional are either being homers or just niave to the nature of a cheap shot. JJ needs some anger management

37f1e5539b5a6f862d6a2d8274e4ddc7.jpg

My thoughts:

1. I like JJ. He's a big reason why we won many games. Without him pulling down J'arrete's 50/50 rootypoot passes time after time, we don't win four games this year.

2. I loved the hit. Barely legal is still legal, right? He knocked the guy for a loop. I loved it.

3. The heel-grind into the guy's face looked entirely intentional to me. I could be wrong, and don't care either way. I want him to play in the bowl, so if it WAS intentional, I hope he gets away with it.

4. That said, he is a powderkeg waiting to explode. I fully expect him to do something really bad to someone in the next ten years, and I mean off the field. I hope I'm wrong about this one.
Id say the guy in your avi has a greater chance of doing something bad in the next 10 years to someone else, rather than Jennings. Bottom line, unless you know a player personally, it would be absurd to even assume he would do anything bad to anyone off the football field. Thompson included, who is one of my favorite players on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: volinSmyrna
God bless JJ for carrying the Cafego flag from the 30’s! To heck with this pansy style snowflake football!

Wasn't axing you. :)

My theory is these people that believe JJ did it on purpose are using it to justify their opinion of not letting him come back. That would make them "right all along".

You won't see this, but I'll say it anyway.

I wanted him to come back. I didn't think the past issue was a big deal

This issue has nothing to do with the past.

And your right also about "stomp" His foot did come in contact with the Vandy guy's head, but it nowhere close to a stomp

Reactions: vol445
Shut the BS up....

Kid could have gotten seriously hurt. Could have punctured his eyeball or cracked his cheekbone. He went too far. Period.

All of you saying it was unintentional are either being homers or just niave to the nature of a cheap shot. JJ needs some anger management

You stop with your BS. Loving JJ has nothing to do with it. I thought Hoke made the right decision in kicking him off the team. I was against his return. I was wrong, he's changed since all of that crap. I could be like others here and scream "he did it on purpose, I was right, he is a thug". This " homer" narrative you're trying to sell is just like something a fan of another team would say, so.....oh wait.

You've been around long enough to know most of these guys would say it was intentional if they actually thought it was. If they are saying they don't think it was, they don't think it was.

Last edited:
You stop with your BS. Loving JJ has nothing to do with it. I thought Home made the right decision in kicking him off the team. I was against his return. I was wrong, he's changed since all of that crap. I could be like others here and scream "he did it on purpose, I was right, he is a thug". This " homer" narrative you're trying to sell is just like something a fan of another team would say, so.....oh wait.

You've been around long enough to know most if these guys would say it was intentional if they actually thought it was. If they are saying they don't think it was, they don't think it was.
Behr, breathe!

Shut the BS up....

Here is why I don't think it was intentional. "IF" it was intentional, that is the WORST stomp ever!!! Does anybody seriously think that if JJ wanted to step on somebody's head, they would come out of it without a scratch? I have watched and rewatched that clip dozens of times in real time and slo-mo. It appears to me that he puts his foot down to get up and then it slides to the right in order to find the ground. Again, this is all my opinion, but if JJ intentionally steps on a guy's head, there will be some type of injury. Albert Haynesworth intentionally stepped on a dude's head. This was not that.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and vader
He knew where the guy's head was because he ripped his helmet off. That makes it tough for me to think it was an accident. It looks to me like Jennings tried to make it look like an accident. Have we ever seen a player accidentally step on another players head when they knew where the guys head was?
Conspiracy now! Good lord

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Here is why I don't think it was intentional. "IF" it was intentional, that is the WORST stomp ever!!! Does anybody seriously think that if JJ wanted to step on somebody's head, they would come out of it without a scratch? I have watched and rewatched that clip dozens of times in real time and slo-mo. It appears to me that he puts his foot down to get up and then it slides to the right in order to find the ground. Again, this is all my opinion, but if JJ intentionally steps on a guy's head, there will be some type of injury. Albert Haynesworth intentionally stepped on a dude's head. This was not that.
My sentiments exactly. I think he went after him a little when he got him on the ground, but I can't imagine that he wouldn't gave done a lot more damage if he really was trying to stomp the guy.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Conspiracy now! Good lord
One second he's on top of the guy ripping his helmet off and literally the next second y'all think he didn't know where the guy's head was. There is no conspiracy in play here, just homerism.

One second he's on top of the guy ripping his helmet off and literally the next second y'all think he didn't know where the guy's head was. There is no conspiracy in play here, just homerism.
I didn't see the video where it looked like he pulled his helmet off. So you think he pulled his helmet off and stomped his face. Wonder why there are no pictures yet of this assault?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
My sentiments exactly. I think he went after him a little when he got him on the ground, but I can't imagine that he wouldn't gave done a lot more damage if he really was trying to stomp the guy.
There were more zebras around that pile up than on the field also. Had there been anything going on, it would have rained yellow.

I didn't see the video where it looked like he pulled his helmet off. So you think he pulled his helmet off and stomped his face. Wonder why there are no pictures yet of this assault?
No, I think he pulled his helmet off and stepped on his head. No reason to exaggerate.

Reactions: Titan05
Where is the Vandy player’s injuries to his face since JJ “stomped” on his face?

If he intentionally wanted to hurt the guy, he would have done it and then you could argue that he deserved to be punished.

These soft non kick ass fans make me puke! As Gen Neyland said, “ Football is War!” Glad JJ kicked his ass and hope we carry this tradition forward. Cafego, Hacksaw, Atkins, Dale Jones, chuck Smith, Wilson and Haynesworth would be proud of our JJ Dog! I am proud of him and sorely disappointed in our soft, snowflake fanbase!

Hopefully this behavior won't be copied next year by players thinking hthey want to be like Jennings and then it costs us a win because JJ was smooth enough to get away with it, another player may not be and get thrown out and get a huge penalty that hurts the whole team.

Reactions: Titan05 and vols 30
Hopefully this behavior won't be copied next year by players thinking hthey want to be like Jennings and then it costs us a win because JJ was smooth enough to get away with it, another player may not be and get thrown out and get a huge penalty that hurts the whole team.

It looks like he did get away with it. Surprised nothing was said about it today.

These soft non kick ass fans make me puke! As Gen Neyland said, “ Football is War!” Glad JJ kicked his ass and hope we carry this tradition forward. Cafego, Hacksaw, Atkins, Dale Jones, chuck Smith, Wilson and Haynesworth would be proud of our JJ Dog! I am proud of him and sorely disappointed in our soft, snowflake fanbase!

Not sure I understand you correctly. If it was proven without a doubt that JJ pulled dudes helmet off and stomped on his face, you think I'm a soft snowflake fan if I thought that was ridiculous and wrong?

VN Store

Back