JJ do better man

In no way was that “stomping Vandy”. Stomping Vandy is 65-0 in 1994, 62-14 in 1993, and 48-0 in 2003. This game was muddling through a game where we had awful QB play and we’re fortunate a freshman running back broke off 2 long, improbable runs. Guess should be pleased that we won at all considering how the season began, but we owed Vanderbilt a big time ass whipping tonight and the team didn’t remotely deliver.

Here she is crying about something else again. Won by 3 scores on very wet night with 2 rain delays. We are a downfield passing team and rain isn't a positive for passing teams. Football 101 KBKid

Some of you people are just dumb or want to virtue signal. JJ did not step on that guy on purpose. Period. Y’all act like that took place in a vacuum and not on a sideline amongst a bunch of very large men all pushing and shoving and knocking people off balance. Save your sanctimony for something that truly warrants it.

You could clearly read his lips on the sec network coverage talking to someone not in uniform "I stepped on that b**** a** head"

I'm not supporting dirty play but anyone that doesnt realize JJ is a bulldog hasnt been tuned in the last couple of years.

He was frustrated by a forgettable Senior night and took his frustrations out on Vandy (something I fully support). Id say he took it a little far.

Yeah I definitely think it was intentional, just like hitting him as he was clearly stepping out of bounds was. I watched the video the other day that got him kicked off the team in 2017 and he CLEARLY hates Vanderbilt and it's personal. I feel the same way as you, he was frustrated with the game tonight and took it out on the other team in maybe not the best way

I don’t know if it was intentional or not. What I do know is that the video clip to anyone that isn’t a Tennessee fan is going to look bad. There was some extracurricular on the ground after a big hit on the sideline, followed by a step on someone’s face. Plain and simple it looks bad on video. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some type of repercussion, deserved or not, for Jennings in the bowl game.
You couldn't have explained it better. But what is killing me is the guys on here defending it. If it was JJ on the Vanderbilt sideline they would be having a fit.

It was an accident.... Great hit in bounds.... And finished strong! The issue is all the Vandy players rushing over to our sideline and crowding everyone up. Its not like we were going to beat the guy or anything. Come on people. Put it to rest.

You couldn't have explained it better. But what is killing me is the guys on here defending it. If it was JJ on the Vanderbilt sideline they would be having a fit.
Exactly, and we’ve already seen media backlash from Pruitt tugging on a face mask with one finger and grabbing the collar of a jersey. If anyone doesn’t think that video of him getting stepped on isn’t going to be scrutinized, they’re in denial.

Reactions: Eastknox865
If Jennings was the one being stepped on, the posters crying snowflake would be demanding a suspension

Beat me to it... If the roles were reversed people would be losing the freakin minds.

Regardless of whether the stomp was intentional or not (and I believe it wasn’t), JJ absolutely took it too far at the end of the tackle.

Reactions: 08Vol and NCFisher
To sum the play up:

"Jennings is a dog. Love seeing him deliver a hit like that. The stomp was accidental but Vandy deserves it"

Meanwhile, if a Vandy player did that to a Vol

"His ass should never see a football field again! That was intentional all the way and the refs didn't do sh*t about it! Vuck Fandy!"

I love Jauan Jennings but don't act like we would all he perfectly fine if someone did that to one of our players

Reactions: 08Vol and Titan05
Wow looking over this thread shows we have really have some low class punks in our fan base.

Anyone whose acting like that kid somehow deserved to have his head stepped in cause he plays for a team you don’t like needs to grow tf up.

Wow looking over this thread shows we have really have some low class punks in our fan base.

Anyone whose acting like that kid somehow deserved to have his head stepped in cause he plays for a team you don’t like no to grow tf up.
Agreed. Love the Aenima avi btw.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back