Jim Turner to TN as OL Coach? [Pruitt not allowed to hire staff]

As a Bengals fan we better hope this isn't true. He was universally hated by fans. He played players that scored poorly over better players. Rumors of a bad locker room because of his personnel decisions. Players were not developed. Would not be a good hire for us if this is true.
So what you’re saying is, it would be a seamless transition.
GBO!!

He was a good offensive line coach when he was at Texas A&M. The entire 2012 A&M line played in the NFL. He coached for one more season at A&M in 2018. Their center (starting center for the New Orleans saints now) was a 3* who he coached up.

Reactions: 901 Orange
He a good Oline coach, the Bengals line improved all season. I honestly think he’s just the fall guy for the Burrow injury. In reality Burrow held the ball too long and tried to extend or make a big play on every down.
The Bengals have O-line has improved?? Tell that to Joe Burrow...

Here's rhe Cincy papers take on Turners performance in his 2 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-212253_theScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20210104-212253_theScore.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 77
Saw on Football Scoop that he wasn't being retained by the Bengals and that he has strong connection with Jay Graham as well.

Turner is absolutely horrible. If this is where the program is then, the football program should be ended!

"However, per two sources in the University of Tennessee athletics program, Pruitt right now is not being allowed to finalize any potential hires on his Vols’ staff while the school conducts an in-house look into NCAA compliance matters."

This gives me hope.

I would dispute that element of the story.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
So Beldar isn’t allowed to hire coaches? Fulmer is in charge and hiring staff now? Good grief, what a dumpster fire. Both of them should be fired immediately if this is true.
Don't think anyone is hiring assistants until investigation is over.

I’m tired of being left hanging. Somebody needs to say something. Could we know by atleast Thursday latest being the weekend?
They are saying something. UT hired the lawyer to further the investigation and he has a reputation of getting coaches fired. Currently there are two coaching vacancies on the staff and CJP has been told he can’t hire anyone right now. So what should that tell you? It says if they find enough to fire with cause he will be fired. If. You hear that CJP is interviewing assistant coaches than he is staying. It’s really that simple.

As a Bengals fan we better hope this isn't true. He was universally hated by fans. He played players that scored poorly over better players. Rumors of a bad locker room because of his personnel decisions. Players were not developed. Would not be a good hire for us if this is true.

Not trying to be smart. But since when does an nfl online coach get to decide who plays on the line?

Not trying to be smart. But since when does an nfl online coach get to decide who plays on the line?

Most position coaches make recommendations as to who the starters should be. Why else would you have a position coach if you didn't trust their opinion?

Most position coaches make recommendations as to who the starters should be. Why else would you have a position coach if you didn't trust their opinion?

Yeah. There's a difference between who gets to give recommendations and who gets final say. A position coach isn't setting the lineup, although I'm sure their opinions matter. But coaches on the same staff can have differing philosophies about who should play. Giving guys experience at new positions or giving a veteran with experience the nod over a younger guy with more upside etc. Ultimately the decision is out of the hands of the position coach. Didnt Tennessee just fire a coach because his philosophies didn't line up with Pruitt's?

Reactions: PNW Huskie
Are you serious??!!?? He is interviewing for OL coach?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? No only do we need to dump the Gump, but the fact they are even CONSIDERING this guy as OL. WHAT A DUMPSTER FIRE!

VN Store

Back