Jim Turner to TN as OL Coach? [Pruitt not allowed to hire staff]

TheGuy

Saw on Football Scoop that he wasn't being retained by the Bengals and that he has strong connection with Jay Graham as well.

As a Bengals fan we better hope this isn't true. He was universally hated by fans. He played players that scored poorly over better players. Rumors of a bad locker room because of his personnel decisions. Players were not developed. Would not be a good hire for us if this is true.

He a good Oline coach, the Bengals line improved all season. I honestly think he’s just the fall guy for the Burrow injury. In reality Burrow held the ball too long and tried to extend or make a big play on every down.

Negative. He is HATED by Bengals fans. OL personnel decisions were head scratches. Kept playing players that were graded low over higher performing players.

Seems like a veteran coach. NFL guys are never "terrible", its relative at the highest level. Lets be real, an NFL offensive line coach would be an upgrade .

The part about not hiring anyone until the investigation is over is frightening. Wonder if that will impact candidate pool.

Reactions: ultimateUT
As a lifelong DIE HARD Bengals fan who buys the NFL Sunday ticket every year just to watch them, (yes I pay serious money to watch em go 2-14), I pray this is not true. This guy is absolute garbage. The Bengals o line has been pathetic theast 2 years. No technique, no desire, NO CLUE what to do or who to block. Just 5 guys cashing a check. Praised guys all year long when they were scoring out in the 50 and 60% range and refused to make changes until season was basically over. You think Friend was bad wait til u see what this guy puts on the field.

He a good Oline coach, the Bengals line improved all season. I honestly think he’s just the fall guy for the Burrow injury. In reality Burrow held the ball too long and tried to extend or make a big play on every down.

Oh you mean exactly like our QBs do and they don’t have nearly the skills Burrow has. Sounds like he’s exactly what we need, another excuse to blame the QB holding the ball than blaming the line that can’t block to save their lives.
so knowing Pruitt this is our guy and we will get to hear all about why it’s the QBs fault our line still can’t block.

Reactions: 08Vol and vmivol00
This might be just what is needed to push CJP out the door. I am surprised everyone is not supporting this hire!

Reactions: loservol

VN Store

Back