Jim Turner to TN as OL Coach? [Pruitt not allowed to hire staff]

If it takes long enough to where we miss out on all our targets, it would probably be best to just make Chaney interim coach for a season (assuming he isn’t implicated in the investigation himself).
I am sure Fulmer would make Tee Martin interim head coach over Chaney.

“Can’t hire until investigation is over with”?
This could mean that it’s a pretty big investigation that could cost Pruitt the HC position at UT.
🤷🏼
Hope we don’t miss out on a few quality coaches while the investigation is in going
Don’t worry no quality assistants want to come here while Pruitt is here.

Reactions: Megatron88 and Vato
So we should be excited about hiring a failed OL coach that not even the lowly Bungles wants? Alrighty then.

Oh you mean exactly like our QBs do and they don’t have nearly the skills Burrow has. Sounds like he’s exactly what we need, another excuse to blame the QB holding the ball than blaming the line that can’t block to save their lives.
so knowing Pruitt this is our guy and we will get to hear all about why it’s the QBs fault our line still can’t block.
You can’t hold the ball no matter how good you are or the oline blocks, look at Clemson last night, VERY good oline but the receivers got no separation and sunshine held the ball

They've had one of the worst lines in the NFL, he's hated by the fans, had friction with he HC and referred to one of his players as a thug. Sounds like a perfect fit.
They've had one of the worst lines in the NFL, he's hated by the fans, had friction with he HC and referred to one of his players as a thug. Sounds like a perfect fit.
Maybe because they’ve selected 3 OL in the past two drafts with Jonah Williams being the only one worth a crap.

Not exactly, but you should be excited about the last paragraph of the article.
I like it and I hate it.

I'd love to see a situation where Pruitt can leave "with cause" or be pressured into a greatly reduced buyout.

I hate that those in the program are willing to share this kind of info with reporters. This makes the job environment seem toxic, full of folks with knives, and just a sketchy place to want to be.

I'd like to be able to hire a good coach but it looks like we're going to need a firefighter, CIA agent, and coach combination.

Does UT typically hire outside council for these investigations? Seems like this is potentially a big deal.

I like it and I hate it.

I'd love to see a situation where Pruitt can leave "with cause" or be pressured into a greatly reduced buyout.

I hate that those in the program are willing to share this kind of info with reporters. This makes the job environment seem toxic, full of folks with knives, and just a sketchy place to want to be.

I'd like to be able to hire a good coach but it looks like we're going to need a firefighter, CIA agent, and coach combination.
We are going to be under a NCAA cloud of uncertainty for the next year and be forced to keep Pruitt. No new coach wants to take over a stinky situation. In the end it works to Fulmer’s advantage so they both get paid for another year.

This would make a great novel, but unfortunately for UT it would be a top seller as non-fiction.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Does UT typically hire outside council for these investigations? Seems like this is potentially a big deal.
Apparently, we need to believe (because we keep being told to believe) UT has no money to do such things as hire outside council. We’ve proven for the better part of 20 years we can’t afford the best names available to lead the team every time we’re in the market for a new coach.

Edit: We keep watching other storied programs give zero regard to money in serious pursuit of return to relevance. To the guys that say “there’s not that money available to do that here”, just admit we’re really not as interested as Auburn, Texas, and others at putting a great football product on the field as they are.

Last edited:
He a good Oline coach, the Bengals line improved all season. I honestly think he’s just the fall guy for the Burrow injury. In reality Burrow held the ball too long and tried to extend or make a big play on every down.
I will let Pruitt/ Fuller make that decision. It is their jobs that are on the line .

Reactions: goooooovols
This might be just what is needed to push CJP out the door. I am surprised everyone is not supporting this hire!

There's no guarantee he will be making a hire. Like the article said, he's been interviewing but hasn't been allowed to hire anyone. I'm betting he won't get the chance to make the hire. Pruitt is far from being guaranteed to be here next year and honestly would bet that he won't be.

VN Store

Back