Jillian Hollingshead commits to Tennessee

Al, I'd bet my last dollar the rest of the league's sphincter's got a little tighter after our latest addition......Something Wicked this Way Comes...
8e3d9f0f-f6c5-4026-b362-f5c4e4416ae6_1140x641.jpg

Figured this deserves its own celebration post!

Georgia transfer post Jillian Hollingshead commits to Lady Vols

So, let the starting 5 speculation recommence! This makes me what position Franklin will play if Hollingshead is the backup post.
With the losses that other teams have had this offseason, Our Ladies should bring home SEC & National Title Championships next year. So Carolina, Stanford and maybe ucant are the other Final Four Teams next year and we get 2 of the 3 at TBA next season.

I'll take Kellie's "In-game" coaching over Dawn and Tara and we will simply have more talent and Depth than those dreaded "Dogs" from up in the Northeast. An undefeated season is not out of the realm of possibility and it's what I'm looking forward to.
ALSKI 🧡

To be honest im high on her and i dnt think she take a backseat to ANYBODY people forget the mins got in the louisville game she gets in the weight room she gonna make it very tough to keep her off the court....i love how skilled she is
Count me in on thinking Karoline will have a strong upcoming season those last few jumpers she made against Louisville were so pure. I'm thinking work on the foot speed and agility and oh my goodness watch out.

I hope Karo takes these additions at her position(s) as a challenge to get better. She may not see that much PT this coming season, but the following year she'll be needed. This will give her a year to develop more fully without feeling the pressure that she has to contribute immediately this coming season.
I totally agree...I think this is an ideal situation for Strip...with lessened pressure, she could really excel in this situation...

No. CT will be the team to beat for the crystal trophy. Mark my words. (Unfortunately)

You were dead on with your mid-season prediction that if they got healthy before the NCAA tournament, they’d make a run to the title game. Seems like Geno and crew always find a way 😩

It does look like they’ll bring back the best back court duo in Paige and Azzi. They will be a bit slim in the post, so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.

I hope Karo takes these additions at her position(s) as a challenge to get better. She may not see that much PT this coming season, but the following year she'll be needed. This will give her a year to develop more fully without feeling the pressure that she has to contribute immediately this coming season.
Yes, I agree. I said it before that the Class of 2021--Brooklynn, Kaiya, Karoline, and Sara--are foundational. They will be instrumental in a big LV run this upcoming season. Moreover, with the added competition of the incoming transfers and further development and seasoning, these young LVs will be the bridge to 2023 and 2024. I look for great things from these young LVs. GBO.

Don't sleep on Karoline Striplin. This is a kid that will compete and because of her competitiveness, we may see a tremendous amount of growth in her game in year two. She was getting playing time down the stretch this past season and you know she is in the gym working daily to improve her game. KJH has a good problem here.
Completely agree. Karo is going to get on the court this year. She is fundamentally strong and will avg 10-12 mins a game. I am confident in that. I actually think she’s going to back up TK a lot especially as Franklin gets her sea legs back.

4 mostly. She’ll be great there in the SEC and it will be more natural for her. Jackson, Puckett, Franklin, and Suarez can all play 3/4 and some of them even the 2 if we want to go really big.

Striplin really needs to develop an outside shot if she wants to get some minutes, Hollingshed can shoot the ball which really excites me. I think Karo can as well and this should motivate her.

We will have some competition for minutes across the board but I suspect almost everyone will get 10+ minutes if we win a lot of games like this squad should. BIG lol. I believe we will have 10 players that average 15+ minutes a game. If we play fast and put on full court pressure we can keep fresh, and really talented, legs on teams for 40 minutes.

Someone’s tired? Next!! Play together and beat the absolute crap out of teams. Run one motivated player after the next out there and let them have it for 40.
Ten players that average 15 minutes per game is not likely to happen…..

Reactions: glv98
Ten players that average 15 minutes per game is not likely to happen…..

We had 9 last season that averaged 15+ Per game. We will definitely have more than 10 averaging 15 plus.

Those 9 players all averaged 20+ and some of them will be more effective in fewer minutes. While Horston/Jackson and a couple other will average higher minutes, there will be a big spread. Players like Walker and Miles will likely play a few less compared to last season.

Last edited:
We had 9 last season that averaged 15+ Per game. We will definitely have more than 10 averaging 15 plus.

Those 9 players all averaged 20+ and some of them will be more effective in fewer minutes. While Horston/Jackson and a couple other will average higher minutes minutes there will be a big spread. Players like Walker and Miles will likely play a few less compared to last season.

Mens team has more than 16 players on roster. I don't see an issues especially when Kellie knows how to manager playing time.

Last edited:
With the losses that other teams have had this offseason, Our Ladies should bring home SEC & National Title Championships next year. So Carolina, Stanford and maybe ucant are the other Final Four Teams next year and we get 2 of the 3 at TBA next season.

I'll take Kellie's "In-game" coaching over Dawn and Tara and we will simply have more talent and Depth than those dreaded "Dogs" from up in the Northeast. An undefeated season is not out of the realm of possibility and it's what I'm looking forward to.
ALSKI 🧡
I appreciate your enthusiasm, as I am excited too. However, comments about an undefeated season and being favored for a national championship can also set the narrative of our season being a failure if we "only" got second place in the SEC and made it to the Final 4 but did not win there. I do agree that they should shoot for the stars and we have the talent to compete at the highest level. However, it doesn't even enter my mind that we might go undefeated next season, as I think it will take some time to find how all these moving parts are going to work best together. There will also be 4 players recovering from injuries. So, I imagine we may lose a few early in the season but have a chance to peak later in the season when it really counts.

You were dead on with your mid-season prediction that if they got healthy before the NCAA tournament, they’d make a run to the title game. Seems like Geno and crew always find a way 😩

It does look like they’ll bring back the best back court duo in Paige and Azzi. They will be a bit slim in the post, so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.
Disagree. Need to see a month of the new season first. But I’m putting SC, Lady Vols, and UNC above CT at this point.

Those 9 players all averaged 20+ and some of them will be more effective in fewer minutes. While Horston/Jackson and a couple other will average higher minutes, there will be a big spread. Players like Walker and Miles will likely play a few less compared to last season.
The sad truth is that injuries will occur. Seems like most teams lose two for the season. Everyone needs to be ready to step up.

Al, I'd bet my last dollar the rest of the league's sphincter's got a little tighter after our latest addition......Something Wicked this Way Comes...
8e3d9f0f-f6c5-4026-b362-f5c4e4416ae6_1140x641.jpg

Right on, GT. An athletic 6.5' true post player to back up one of the best centers in the country? Absolutely. Consider that we have 14 players that are genuine game contributors (not trying to knock anyone, but others are contributing as practice players, too). Thirteen if you don't count Marta (will she be healthy?) Assuming Franklin's healing stays on par. With all of those players and different strengths and weaknesses, the options are unlimited for Kellie. Sphincter time it is for opponents, all right!!

Yea but the LV has positionless basketball in our favor meaning you don't have to throw Miles or Walker who are short in length at UConn backcourt now it's length with Jackson,Jordy ,and Powell and Wynn and they are interchangeable with anyone of them guarding Paige or Fudd and besides Wynn the rest can actually put UConn guards in post ups really working them on the floor and now we can give them the same rebounding fits SC did

I think the reason we haven't got a tweet from Coach Harper is that the papers are not signed yet. I expect that to come this next week.

Welcome to Rocky Top Ms. Hollingshead, aka JuJu:):):) Wishing you the best success here at Tennessee. Ball out young Lady, do your thing. Gob Bless you always.

Good Lawwd, this coaching staff is crushing the portal, Keep up the Great Work!!!!!!

VN Store

Back