Jillian Hollingshead commits to Tennessee

Interesting. I get the feeling the staff is going all in with this, as it pushes all the chips into the pile for next season. Full roster of 15, a big exodus at the end of the year that'll need to be filled with new recruits, Horston, Key, Jackson, and more leaving at the end of the next season- I mean, this is it. You get UConn at home, but Stanford on the road (I think?), a rising LSU, a Kentucky in transition, and a South Carolina with all the juice. Hope this helps the Lady Vols navigate that path to success. I hesitate to say "now or never," but perhaps "now would be a good time to break through." Fingers crossed.

What I'm happiest about is that Tennessee is obviously once again considered a hot spot. A cool choice. A destination for team players. A must-visit for anyone wanting to see what all the hullaballoo is about, and that special vibe happening with this program.
KJH could pass for Pat's daughter...physical and demeanor similarities...It's only fitting for her to help bring us back to basketball prominence...Yes, we've been patiently waiting...LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

Maybe spice some competition with Key will be a big factor and spell her when she gets in foul trouble. Key needs more motivation to hustle and out compete smaller opponents. She can now go all out and not fear fouling out as much as well as rest when she gets tired.

I only know what I just read about Holingshead--but she sounds more athletic than Key and should/could challenge for the starting job. I'm betting that she's got more offensive upside....Very nice pickup who should be a, er, key contributor.

Scoot over South Carolina, your time is up!
Coach Kellie, come on down!!!!
TENNESSEE_HARPER_KELLIE.jpg

And let me add that we can all thank all the players who have stayed, signed and played for Kellie Harper up to now for all this success.

Of COURSE our outstanding staff has much to do with this recruiting success, but the special vibe ... the excitement and the obvious love of the program and for each other that comes across to well to everyone watching? That is the current players. They are the best thing to happen to Lady Vols basketball in a very, very long time. Who WOULDN'T want to be a part of this special group of young women and a staff who so obviously loves them?

It doesn't get any better than this as far as good vibes. From top to bottom of our roster, every single one of them has played an important role in bringing the program back to where they all promised when they committed that they would. By gawd, they're getting it done. Thank you, Lady Vols! 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡
What a difference 2 years make 😃🧡...When was the last time we were this deep with talent??

WOW! What a get! The staff just continues to impress.

After adding Powell and Jackson, I thought we were legit FF contenders. We’re now adding Franklin AND Hollingshead?! The Lady Vols are really back, y’all🔥😭

Welcome, Jillian!
Dotted the I's and crossed the T's...The reason I am so happy right now, is because I know this LV team and staff has been compiled with 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Now THIS is a boom! Great young frontcourt talent that will push Key and a player to build around for the future.

After other SEC programs have been raiding Tennessee's talent in recent years, it's nice to finally return the favor...

And Kellie Harper isn't just a mid-major coach and recruiter. True? Are you on board now?

This team is not a notch below SC for anyone thinking that way let it go we are on par or a notch better with this team.the polls won't say it cause they will give the champs the benefit until proven otherwise and no doubt we are better than UCONN

Last edited:
"Hollingshead is the fourth McDonald's All-American joining the roster. Jordan Horston was the Lady Vols' lone All-American the past three seasons. With the additions of Rickea Jackson out of Mississippi State and incoming freshman Justine Pissott, UT now has four former All-Americans."

This team is not a notch below SC for anyone thinking that way let it go we are on par or a notch better with this team.the polls want say it cause they will give the champs the benefit until proven otherwise and no doubt we are better than UCONN
I thought we were better than UCONN this year, and we still lost by 19, and that was without Ducharme and Bueckers. On paper we have a hell of a team though. I hope and feel like it’ll translate to the floor.

I love kellie but i said her hiring williams and joy were the mvp what a difference a year makes a transition in talent overhaul...those two just know what a final 4 roster look like what a roster at tennessee should look like getting talent on campus connections in aau circuit.

What I'm happiest about is that Tennessee is obviously once again considered a hot spot. A cool choice. A destination for team players. A must-visit for anyone wanting to see what all the hullaballoo is about, and that special vibe happening with this program.
I 100% totally agree with your statement. I have been waiting for years to see our Lady Vols return to prominence. Now when we reach the FF the coverage we will have and the fans will be out in full force. What a day that will be!!!!

I keep coming back to this. Alot of these kids grew up hearing about Tennessee, about the legacy, the wins. But they never got to see the culture that came along with that legacy. Hell, alot of us long-time fans started to forget what the Lady Vol culture was supposed to be. Not to downplay the importance of winning, of course, but there are programs out there that will turn out great basketball players. Not many places where you get to be part of something special. And it's a treat as a fan to get to witness this resurgence.
100% agreement!!! It is an absolute treat to witness this resurgence. I can't wait to be glued to my t.v watching the games. I wonder how many games we will be on this year. I can only imagine. There is buzz like the buzz the Lady Vols for women's college basketball.

VN Store

Back