Jillian Hollingshead commits to Tennessee

I note your caution but I Still stand by my statements. This past year we went 18-1, this after losing Marta for the season and Rae for 12 games when she went down in the first game. Keyen went out right after that. This team has 4 starters coming back, even though 2 of those might not start because of the talent that's been added. Of the 16 total players, only 2 hasn't played in multiple major college basketball games - the 2 freshmen.

This team is LOADED unlike any team in the country. We Literally have 3 players who could challenge for National Player of The Year Awards! What other team can boast that? Speed, turnovers, defensive pressure and scoring against said pressure, was our downfall in pretty much every loss this past season, and our injuries! They were able to get to The Sweet Sixteen despite All of the injuries! We now have the talent to overcome those issues.

So Carolina and ucant will play on the Summitt next year. Stanford and Texas are on the road, which will probably be our toughest games prior to tournament play. Niether of the 4 can match our depth. The SEC will basically be a 2 team race due to all of the player movement and coaching changes. There might only be 2 SEC teams ranked in the Pre-Season Top 25!

Yes, I do expect SEC & NCAA TITLES next season. If not next year, When? My expectation for those as well as an undefeated season is based upon the Fact that No Other Team goes as deep as ours And with as much Talent as ours. This is the most assembled talent at UT since CP3's sophomore year or since the 97/98 team, and in terms of overall, top to bottom, this one may Still be more talented. Barring injuries or Anything else Flukey or Crazy, I stand by my statements. Is it enthusiasm? Yes! Is it beyond reasonable? NO!
ALSKI 🧡

Right on, GT. An athletic 6.5' true post player to back up one of the best centers in the country? Absolutely. Consider that we have 14 players that are genuine game contributors (not trying to knock anyone, but others are contributing as practice players, too). Thirteen if you don't count Marta (will she be healthy?) Assuming Franklin's healing stays on par. With all of those players and different strengths and weaknesses, the options are unlimited for Kellie. Sphincter time it is for opponents, all right!!

In the new recruiting world, winning the portal is every bit as important as signing blue chippers out of high school. And Hollingshead will be a sophomore, which means 3 full seasons, as an experienced SEC player. Pretty much a gold strike.

I note your caution but I Still stand by my statements. This past year we went 18-1, this after losing Marta for the season and Rae for 12 games when she went down in the first game. Keyen went out right after that. This team has 4 starters coming back, even though 2 of those might not start because of the talent that's been added. Of the 16 total players, only 2 hasn't played in multiple major college basketball games - the 2 freshmen.

This team is LOADED unlike any team in the country. We Literally have 3 players who could challenge for National Player of The Year Awards! What other team can boast that? Speed, turnovers, defensive pressure and scoring against said pressure, was our downfall in pretty much every loss this past season, and our injuries! They were able to get to The Sweet Sixteen despite All of the injuries! We now have the talent to overcome those issues.

So Carolina and ucant will play on the Summitt next year. Stanford and Texas are on the road, which will probably be our toughest games prior to tournament play. Niether of the 4 can match our depth. The SEC will basically be a 2 team race due to all of the player movement and coaching changes. There might only be 2 SEC teams ranked in the Pre-Season Top 25!

Yes, I do expect SEC & NCAA TITLES next season. If not next year, When? My expectation for those as well as an undefeated season is based upon the Fact that No Other Team goes as deep as ours And with as much Talent as ours. This is the most assembled talent at UT since CP3's sophomore year or since the 97/98 team, and in terms of overall, top to bottom, this one may Still be more talented. Barring injuries or Anything else Flukey or Crazy, I stand by my statements. Is it enthusiasm? Yes! Is it beyond reasonable? NO!
ALSKI 🧡
I'm thinking like you Rock so I agree with everything you wrote

Reactions: Alskirock64

ALSKI 🧡
I agree that the expectations will be higher for this program than they have been in years, but undefeated seasons in women's ball have gone the way of the dodo. Too much parity in the league these days, which I think is a good thing.

I agree that the expectations will be higher for this program than they have been in years, but undefeated seasons in women's ball have gone the way of the dodo. Too much parity in the league these days, which I think is a good thing.

Agreed. Undefeated is just not a reasonable expectation for any team these days. I do think this team should be able to push SC for the SEC title and making the Final four seems really possible. Hollingshead's signing solidifies this team in a way that Franklin's did not because of the unknown factor posed by her ACL recovery.

There aren't many obvious weaknesses in this line-up. Theoretically, Justine and Tess should provide the needed consistent outside shooting threats. This team should be something really special next year./

In the new recruiting world, winning the portal is every bit as important as signing blue chippers out of high school. And Hollingshead will be a sophomore, which means 3 full seasons, as an experienced SEC player. Pretty much a gold strike.
This is so true and getting Hollingshead as a sophomore is like getting a top 20 freshman with that one year of experience under her belt.

it may be better. To transfer again players need to wait a year to play. Also, that first year of college really is an eye opener for players, and it is instructive to coaches. Winning the portal may prove to be better than winning over the high schoolers.

it may be better. To transfer again players need to wait a year to play. Also, that first year of college really is an eye opener for players, and it is instructive to coaches. Winning the portal may prove to be better than winning over the high schoolers.

if not definitely,,,then at least equally

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Agreed. Undefeated is just not a reasonable expectation for any team these days. I do think this team should be able to push SC for the SEC title and making the Final four seems really possible. Hollingshead's signing solidifies this team in a way that Franklin's did not because of the unknown factor posed by her ACL recovery.

There aren't many obvious weaknesses in this line-up. Theoretically, Justine and Tess should provide the needed consistent outside shooting threats. This team should be something really special next year./
I would put Sarah puckett right in that conversation as one of the ones who will be able to consistently knock down the 3 ball. Every time she releases it it looks like it's going in. With a year under her belt and an off-season to improve, she is going to be dangerous from the 3-point line.

I would put Sarah puckett right in that conversation as one of the ones who will be able to consistently knock down the 3 ball. Every time she releases it it looks like it's going in. With a year under her belt and an off-season to improve, she is going to be dangerous from the 3-point line.

She's a stretch four, all right. Love it when she's in the game just for the anticipation of her three ball shot.

I read that Hollingshead is a three point shooting threat, also.

I read that Hollingshead is a three point shooting threat, also.
She actually has guard like handles too and from the video I seen of her last night it looks like she can shoot the three ball. Her AAU coach said that he would use her at every position one through five during the summer and that she excelled in all the positions.

Forreal. Plus they have experience. But not saying that top high school player is not good, We just take the best we can from both side.

With the losses that other teams have had this offseason, Our Ladies should bring home SEC & National Title Championships next year. So Carolina, Stanford and maybe ucant are the other Final Four Teams next year and we get 2 of the 3 at TBA next season.

I'll take Kellie's "In-game" coaching over Dawn and Tara and we will simply have more talent and Depth than those dreaded "Dogs" from up in the Northeast. An undefeated season is not out of the realm of possibility and it's what I'm looking forward to.
ALSKI 🧡
An undefeated season????
OMG. Loving those words very much.

Reactions: Alskirock64
I hope Karo takes these additions at her position(s) as a challenge to get better. She may not see that much PT this coming season, but the following year she'll be needed. This will give her a year to develop more fully without feeling the pressure that she has to contribute immediately this coming season.
Karo looked extremely good in the tournament when she had to play. I agree that you can definitely see the work she put in the gym. I believe she will accept the challenge and based on this year's experience I would not count her out from getting good minutes.

We've already seen video of her in the Gym working and she is a "Coaches" kid. She averaged about 26 points a game out of high school and I just have a feeling we are going to see a big leap from her this year. I wouldn't be mad about it.
100% agrre

VN Store

Back